Chapter 1 : Saying Goodbyes

Sketches Of My Life

Karen POV

 

“Kareeeeeeeen!!!! Hurry up! You will be late for your flight”. Dara unni shouts downstairs while Jiyong oppa putting my luggage in the trunk of their car.

 

“Okay! Okay! Okay! I’m coming”. I said while wiping my tears on my cheeks and lock my room where I stayed for about 5 years for the last time. Finally, I’ll be going home to Korea and I don’t know when I will be coming back here.

 

As I walk slowly downstairs I wear my sunglasses and fix myself to be prepared.

 

“Honey… Karen is here and she’s ready to go”. Jiyong oppa calls Dara unni who uses the comfort room for a moment.

 

“Okay! I’ll just check first all the windows and doors after we go”. Dara unni said.

 

“Okay! But make it faster because Karen will be late for her flight”. Jiyong oppa said.

 

“Okay!” Dara unni said.

 

After saying goodbyes to our neighborhoods who are very friendly to me/us and viewing again the surroundings, Dara unni calls me to get in the car.

 

“Karen! Let’s go!” Dara unni said.

 

“Okay! Goodbye guys! I will miss you all. I will call you when I have free time. Bye for now! I said to all the neighbors.

 

While I was running towards the car where Jiyong oppa and Dara unni are. Yoseob call my name and stop in front of me while panting from running and said “Can I go with you at the airport?”.

 

“Okay! Let’s go!” I said.

 

As we all set in the car with seat belt on, Jiyong oppa start the key and drove.

 

After 30 minutes… We arrived at the airport.

 

“We’re here!” Jiyong oppa said.

 

After we remove our seat belts and get out from the car. Jiyong oppa and Yoseob get my luggage from the trunk and accompany me inside the airport while Dara unni and I were holding hands while walking to the departure area.

 

As we arrive at the departure area, it’s time for me to say goodbye to them. First, Dara unni hugs me tight and I can feel she’s been starting to cry. We are so too emotional.

 

“Karen, you know that I love you so much and always take care of yourself. If you have a problem just call us. Okay?” Dara unni said and kiss me on the cheek.

 

“Please stop crying guys it’s not the end of the world and as if you will not see anymore. Honey, we can visit or have a vacation in Korea whenever we want”. Jiyong oppa said while Yoseob is laughing silently beside him.

 

And then Jiyong oppa hugs me tight and kiss me on the forehead. “Call us when you arrive in Korea and don’t forget to take your vitamins every day. Okay?” Jiyong oppa said while smiling with a wink.

 

“Okay! I always love you too and don’t forget to make babies already. No one will be disturbing you anymore”. I said while laughing.

 

As I turn my body and they are now facing my back walking towards the security in the departure area, my tears can’t stop pouring and pouring.

 

Yoseob call my name and walk towards me. Yoseob grab my hand facing him and hugs me tight like he was hugging a pillow. After he grabs my face with his two soft hands while meeting our eyes, he wipes the tears on my cheeks and kisses my forehead gently.

 

“You know that I love and I always love you. I will be missing you my Angel. See you soon”. Yoseob said as he hugged me again for the last time.

 

Yoseob is the first person who became my friend since I left Korea 5 years ago except Dara unni and Jiyong oppa.

 

Flashback… Rewind… 

 

I was in my room sketching when the doorbell rings.

 

Dingdong… Dingdong… Dingdong…

 

I hurriedly go downstairs to check who it was because Dara unni and Jiyong oppa went to the grocery and buy some stuff for our daily needs.

 

As I open the door, I saw a cute young man that I think we are same age who was holding a box of cake.

 

“Hi! Is Dara noona at home?” The young man said.

 

“She’s not here. She went to the grocery with Jiyong oppa. Why?” I said.

 

“Oh! You must be Jiyong hyung’s cousin from Korea right? Who arrived yesterday?” He said.

 

Yes, I am… I replied.

 

Ah okay! Hi! I’m Yoseob, 18 years old and I live in that house. He said while pointing a house across ours with a woman playing with a dog.

 

I nodded and said “I’m Karen and I’m also 18 years old. Nice meeting you!”

 

“Nice meeting you also” he said and offer his hand for a handshake.

 

As time goes by, we became so close like we’re lovers. Yoseob always fetch me from school to work and at home. Celebrating birthdays, Christmas, New years and other occasions together with Dara unni, Jiyong oppa and his family.

 

“Happy birthday, Karen! Here’s your special gift from me”. Yoseob said and gave me the special gift he was mentioning.

 

I hurriedly open it with no hesitating. “Wow! A Special Sketch Pad! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Yoseobbie…” I said and hug him.

 

“You’re welcome! Okay! Okay! Okay! Enough I can’t breathe” he said.

 

“Oh! Sorry… Are you okay?” I said and sit beside him.

 

“Now I’m okay!” he replied.

 

After 4 years of being so close together, Yoseob confessed his love to me and he wants to be my boyfriend. A boyfriend who will always love, protects and took care of me.

 

“Hmmmm.. Karen…” Yoseob said while he's driving.

 

“What… ?” I said not facing with him cause I’m busy sketching something.

 

He stopped the car, takes my sketch pad and said “I just can’t help… but can I be your boyfriend?”

 

I was shocked at what Yoseob doing and saying beside me without facing my side. I didn’t talk for about 10 second.

 

“Yoseobbie...” I broke the silence and talk. “I know you’re in love with me but… but… You know about the guy I always love back in Korea, right? Sorry, but NO is my answer Yoseobbie”.

 

He respects my decision and accepts it with all of his hurting heart. Since then Yoseob and I treat each other a very special someone. 

 

End of flashback… Rewind… 

 

I will miss you too! Thank you for being there and taking care of me, Yoseobbie. Take care of yourself also! I said and we let go from hugging.

 

Goodbye guys! I will call after I arrive there. Love you guys! Take care and God Bless. I said and bow.