baeksoo

Oneshot Requests

Baekhyun ed up.

He ed up big time.

“Jesus, Baek, what did you do?” Sehun whispers, little pink tongue sticking out through his chapped lips. “I’ve never seen hyung so angry before.”

Baekhyun glares at him. He sort of wants to grab that annoying little tongue with a pair of pliers and yank it right out of the maknae’s too-big mouth. “Mind your own business,” he says nastily.

Sehun clucks reprovingly. “I can see why he’s mad at you, hyung. You’re not very nice to be around.” Then he has to duck as Baekhyun chucks a nearby can of hairspray in his general direction.

“Wow, bro.” Chanyeol gives him a judging look from beneath his baseball cap. Yes, definitely judging. “You’ve really got your in a twist.”

“Shut up,” Baekhyun grumbles, flopping into the chair beside his best friend.

Chanyeol is less than sympathetic. “Just give him some time to cool off and then apologize for whatever you did. He can’t stay mad forever.”

“You don’t understand,” Baekhyun moans, hiding his face in his hands. “He won’t even look at me. He’s totally, one-hundred-percent ignoring me.”

The rapper lets out a low whistle. “What did you do again?”

“None of your business,” comes Baekhyun’s automatic reply.

Chanyeol just shrugs. He’s pretty happy to mind his own business most of the time anyway. “Suit yourself.” And he goes back to reading his magazine.

Baekhyun sinks lower in the chair, picking at a loose thread on his sequined jacket. He can’t help but glance across the dressing room, where Kyungsoo, his Kyungsoo, is laughing at something Jongin said. His toes curl with the jealousy that flames like fire through his veins, but he knows that he’s got nobody to blame for Kyungsoo’s distance but himself.

It’s not like he meant for anything to happen when he went over to Jonghyun’s place. They’ve been friends for ages, ever since Baekhyun was a trainee and looking up to the SHINee boys, and he’d been over to their dorm drinking before. Who knew that Jonghyun would be so amorous after five bottles of soju? Who knew that Baekhyun wouldn’t have the willpower to refuse?

He groans at the memory of the other night. He doesn’t remember a lot of it – Baekhyun’s not a big guy, and five bottles of soju split between him and Jonghyun had gone a long way – but he does know for a fact that they never made it to the bed. Jonghyun had passed out on the couch after a heated makeout session and Baekhyun and taken the liberty of sleeping off his hangover in Jinki’s bed.

Still, it had been pretty impossible to hide the massive hickey Jonghyun had left on his neck and the ever-observant Kyungsoo had noticed the second Baekhyun came home the following morning, hungover and reeking of soju. The others might not have noticed, but Kyungsoo definitely had and now he’s not speaking to Baekhyun.

He glances up at Kyungsoo and Jongin again. They’re leaning against the wall, Kyungsoo resting a hand on Jongin’s bare arm as he recounts a funny story that he should be telling his boyfriend instead. Baekhyun’s hands ball into fists and he has to carefully talk himself out of lurching across the room and beating the smirk from Jongin’s face.

Since when is he such a violent person?

Yixing calls Jongin and Sehun over to a corner of the room for a quick once-over of dance steps and so Kyungsoo is left alone against the wall. He glances up for the briefest of moments and Baekhyun’s heart leaps with a hopeful lurch, but Kyungsoo pointedly overlooks him before yawning and going in search of something to drink.

Junmyeon comes to lean against the back of the chair Baekhyun is currently slouched in, trying to talk himself out of dismembering the coordinoona who is now giving Kyungsoo a bottle of water. “Whatever you did, fix it,” he says bluntly.

Baekhyun looks at him from upside down, a permanent frown etched into his features. “It’s not that easy, hyung.”

“I don’t care,” Junmyeon says curtly. “You’re ing with the group’s chi and I can’t have that. You better fix whatever this is. We’re going on in five minutes.”

“If you think I can fix this -up in five minutes, you’re insane,” Baekhyun grumbles, hiding his face in his arms. “I don’t think I can fix this even in a lifetime.”

“Does it look like I care?” Junmyeon says, and indeed he looks about as disinterested as possible. “You and Soo are our lead vocalists and I’m not going to go on stage and have both of you mess up. Got it?”

“But he won’t even look at me!” Baekhyun wails, loud enough that some of the coordis look over at him.

But Junmyeon has already stalked off to discuss something with Jongdae and Minseok, leaving Baekhyun to wallow in his pity.

Baekhyun remains seated for another minute, but then Chanyeol kicks him in the shin and gives him a pointed look. Junmyeon’s word is law around here, so he needs to get his in gear.

Kyungsoo is still standing on the other side of the dressing room, sipping at his water, lost in thought, when Baekhyun uncurls himself from his fetal position in the chair. He drags his feet across the carpet as he walks, dreading what will surely turn into a very vocal screaming match that will more than likely not solve anything.

“Kyunggie?” he says quietly when he reaches his boyfriend. But Kyungsoo is staring off into space and Baekhyun’s not exactly sure if the younger is ignoring him or is really just too spaced out to realize that the elder is standing there. He clears his throat and says it again, a bit more loudly. “Kyungsoo?”

The way Kyungsoo’s shoulders stiffen just the slightest bit lets Baekhyun knows that his boyfriend is at now aware of his presence, but Kyungsoo determinedly remains staring off into the distance, ignoring Baekhyun.

Baekhyun can’t really say he’s surprised. He hesitates, then reaches out a hand and lays it on Kyungsoo’s bare arm.

They both yelp as Baekhyun’s electrically-charged fingers shock them both. He really should learn not to drag his feet across the carpet.

“What the hell, Baekhyun?” Kyungsoo demands, glaring at him and rubbing his arm. It had been one hell of a shock; there might even have been sparks.

But Baekhyun can’t bring himself to care at the moment. In fact, the only emotion he can feel right now is relief, pure relief.

Kyungsoo gives him a strange look, still rubbing his arm. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Because you’re finally looking at me,” Baekhyun says honestly, and it suddenly feels like he’s weightless and can float off into the sunset.

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and immediately looks elsewhere, but the spell has already broken. He’s already not at as mad, Baekhyun can tell.

The elder reaches for his boyfriend’s hand, lacing their fingers together intimately. “You know I’m sorry.”

“If saying ‘sorry’ was enough then what would we need cops and jails for?” Kyungsoo demands. He’s refusing to look at Baekhyun, but he’s also not withdrawing his hand. Definitely a good sign, Baekhyun thinks.

He hangs his head. “I know. I know that I can’t say anything that will make it better. I ed up big time.”

“Damn right,” Kyungsoo agrees vehemently, but then he looks at Baekhyun and his gaze isn’t quite as harsh and suddenly Baekhyun no longer feels the urge to pluck out Sehun’s tongue or castrate Jongin. He’s not really a violent soul anyway.

Baekhyun tugs on his boyfriend’s hand and sticks out his lower lip. “Is there any way I can make it up to you?”

Kyungsoo speaks without hesitating. “Let me mess around with Jongin.”

Baekhyun cringes. He takes back what he says about no longer wanting to castrate the lead dancer; he’d be fine with murdering the y son of a at the moment. But he forces himself to stay calm. “Fine,” he gives in. “You can mess around with Jongin once. But no .”

Kyungsoo’s eyebrows arch so much that they disappear into his hairline; it would be funny to see Kyungsoo eyebrow-less under other circumstances. “You’re like the most jealous person I know,” Kyungsoo points out. “And you’re giving me the okay to mess around with Jongin? Really?”

“It’s only fair,” Baekhyun says through clenched teeth, though of course the idea of anyone else with Kyungsoo makes him want to hulk out and throw up at the same time. “I messed around with someone, so it would be hypocritical of me to forbid you from doing the same thing. Once.” He makes sure to reiterate that this is only to be allowed once.

Kyungsoo’s expression softens into a smile then, and he leans in and pecked Baekhyun on the lips. “I don’t want to mess around with Jongin,” he admits.

Baekhyun feels like deflating all at once. “W-what?”

Kyungsoo chuckles a little sheepishly. “I know you must really regret what you did if you’re giving me the okay to mess around with Jongin. I know how jealous you get of him.”

“Have you seen him?” Baekhyun demands, feeling sullen that he was tricked and at the same time elated that he was tricked. “He’s bloody gorgeous. Anyone would want to be with him.”

“I don’t,” Kyungsoo says, and he’s very serious again. “I only want to be with you.”

“I only want to be with you, too,” Baekhyun agrees quickly. “The other night I was just-”

Kyungsoo holds up a hand to silence him. “I need you to only want me whether you’re drunk or not.”

Baekhyun hangs his head in shame and nods. He already knows that he’s ed up horribly.

Kyungsoo applies the slightest bit of pressure to his fingers, so he looks up again to meet his boyfriend’s gaze. Kyungsoo is blushing shyly. “Think you can make it up to me all night long?”

Baekhyun doesn’t have to be asked twice. 


For: MiloticHyung

Prompt: Baekhyun could fix this if Kyungsoo would just look at him. 

I didnt know what I wanted to do with this one but I like how it turned out ^^

PS. anyone who would cheat on Kyungsoo is a bloody idiot

fanart credit to daaaaali