Announcements

2012 AFF EXO FANFIC AWARDS
ANNOUNCEMENTS
 
22 April 2013: It has been a while! Everyone is so busy, but we are working hard getting this list out to you guys to enjoy! I would like you all to know that the master list has certain instructions so you all can get the most out of it. There is a rated M list and a non rated list. Each list comes with its own instructions explained by wishful. Please follow those instructions closely to get the most out of the list.
Also, some stories are marked with the word 'Featured'. This does not necessarily mean that all of them have been featured on the front page, this just means that the story has 1,000 subscriptions or more and a substantial amount of upvotes. They will also all compete in there own categories against each other as was explained in the previous announcement. The reason the stories marked 'Featured' are marked as such, is so you all will know which stories already have an amount of popularity.
I suggest reading and getting fimiliar with the stories not marked so you can have a well informed opinion about which stories are actually the best in their nominated categories. So this will not turn into an award that only promote popular stories (or a popularity contest) please broaden your knowledge on all the stories nominated!
You will be seeing the masterlist really soon! Keep a look out for it!
Thank you for your support of these awards!
22 March 2013: Hello lovely supporters! As you may have read on the reference page, the masterlist is complete and we are currently going through the Checklist process to weed out all stories that don't fit the requirements. No, this is not the review rubric, this is just making sure only 2012 and other appropiate things fit into this masterlist. We only want grade C and above stories within the masterlist! For reference on what could eliminate a story for this first round, please refer to the checklist for judges below in the previous announcement.
We have had some pretty great suggestions for the 2013 Exo Awards in both stories and improvement ideas! Please keep them coming! To offer your suggestions, refer to the reference page and click a link!
Also, thank you to those lovely supporters that are allowing us to anonymously get to know you all by taking the survey! We appreciate the information we are gathering there so we can know what stories you all are most likely to read and what you are most likely to nominate! This helps us with further pleasing you guys!
IMPORTANT! As the hostess of these awards, wishful and I have decided that all previously 'Featured or Most Upvoted This Week' stories will compete in a category amongst themselves. So they don't swipe all the categories they are in with other lesser known stories. Also if a story is well on its way to being featured by the number of subs and upvotes, then it will be included in the category with the featured stories.
We want all of you to reap benefits from these awards. Some of you will do so through the masterlist release, but the other of you all are ready to vote! So to avoid this 'popular story takes all' business, we are proactively making sure that those lesser known fics making it to the voting round will stand a chance against stories with equal exposure as them.
Love you guys support! We are anxiously awaiting the release of the masterlist just like the rest of you! Just a bunch of giddy fangirls we are becoming because as we weed through the masterlist, there are so many good stories waiting to be read! You guys will love it!
As always, Thank you for your support of these awards! Without you guys what is this thread?
6 March 2013: Time for an onslaught of announcements! Even though nominations are over, we do have new things that we would love for our supporters to be aware of!
Please Read closely:
Some people have listed some improvement for these awards! We are so very thankful to those who try to help in every way they can! Therefore, this blog was created, so you can drop your ideas there for us to consider! Don't be shy! Every idea for improvement will be a huge help!
We have now entered the Review Period! The judges will be looking over the hundreds of nominations for the next three weeks. So please do be patient with us, as we will try to be fair for every nominated story. But do know that the rules do apply! As is mentioned on the front page, the review process for the judges have been outlined. We will follow the rules closely, therefore, if you are curious as to how these stories will be judged, it is outlined for you on the front page! It completely eliminates biases or favorites judges may have, so that all things may take place in a fair manner. If that is not enough, though you may not know me, I am your host and fair is the only way to go. Go take a quick read of it! 
We have been paying extreme attention to the recent poll we have released and to the comments made below! I am so thankful to those commentators! As you all may or may not know, wishful was very admant about what she said before you all were able to vote for the poll, though we know some of you didn't read it, some of you did. We have decided to release all reviews to the authors first, then ask them if they would like their story review to be public or private. If they opt to have their story private, you will see the title marked as such so you will know. If you are really curious as to how the review passed, you may ask that author to allow you to see the review, but we host of these awards have no control over that. If the author allows it to be public, you will see a link taking you to the blog that the review was posted to.
Why is the author opinion more important than the reader? Simply because you all are supporters of that author and his/her epic story that you love. In order to have authors willing to continue to have their stories nominated for an annual award, then we will consider their opinions first before the readers.
To the Authors: though we are using the term 'Review' this is not the type of reviewing that you may find in shops. We are not going through your story and pointing out things that will make this story better, or to insult your writing. We are simply judging if this story has a good storyline? Is the characterization well done? Do the story contain simple grammer? Appropiate Periods, Comma's, and correct spelling? Just to ease the author's mind about what actually will go into a review...
So our supporters can understand exactly what the first phase of the reviewing process is, this is the checklist we will be following closely. Once again, you can find this on the front page:
THINGS JUDGES MUST CHECK BEFORE REVIEWING THE STORY:
-Created in 2012?
-Working Link? Private Story?
-No conflicting genres within tags like angst/fluff or comedy/tradgedy?
-Does the story fit the category it was nominated for?
-Has the story been updated since Nov. 1st 2012?
-Overload of misspelled words?
*All of these things can eliminate a story without it even making it to the rubric process. If the story is eliminated for these reasons, then the review will be publicly placed. These are the rules, rules are important.
Now you all know where the judges are since nominations have been close! Please keep anticipating the masterlist and the first set of released eliminated stories! I stress that if the story was eliminated because it was created in 2013, please go and drop it in the 2013 Suggested Nominations blog!
*IMPORTANT*
Many people are worried about these awards turning into another popularity contest for those stories that are already really popular! If you are also worried about such things, then I stress that once the masterlist is released, you check out the stories that you have never read or heard of! Read them and become fimiliar with the stories, so once voting comes around, you can make a genuine informed decision about which story should truly win in its category.
We do appreciate all of your support throughout this process! I do hope that you all can continue to support us thoroughly!
Thank you for your support of these awards!
3 March 2013: Okay, I hope I don't sound like a total asshat when I say this, but it needs to be said even though saying it makes me feel bad. OTL. Unfortunately, we are no longer accepting nominations for the 2012 AFF EXO Fanfic Awards. :c Renzei offered a short extension for nominations since we were featured, but that extension is already past it's deadline. We're really happy to see so much enthusiasm, but all of the nominations from this point on will be regarded as null. Don't worry though! We're all really hoping to get the Master List up soon so that you all can check out the stories that were nominated and start checking them all out yourself. And on the bright side, a number of the nominations that are still being made are for fics that were nominated a long time ago, so even if we can't count your nomination in particular, at least it'll still be on the list, right? :3
Please don't forget that these awards belong to the entire AFF Community and that it'll be all of us as a whole that decides on who "wins" what (though I think that everyone wins because a forty+ list of fic recommendations sounds amazing) and not just the people listed on the judges list. ^^
You're all probably getting tired of me saying this, but thank you so much for your support. Without all of your kind words and generous suggestions, there's no way that this thread would have proved successful. If I could, I would give you all a hug. But since I can't (LOL, I WOULD TOTALLY TRY THOUGH), have this gif instead.
2 March 2013: Wow, guys! We've made it to the front page! :'D Renzei and I really can't thank you all enough for all the support that you've been giving these awards, though it truly is a shame that our deadline for accepting nominations had passed right before we got featured and were able to attract a wider audience. :c But as my co-host had said earlier today: we're already working on creating the nominations thread for 2013! We've noticed that a number of the stories nominated for these awards were actually created in the year 2013 instead of 2012, so we'll have to regard them as null. However, we feel like it would be a wonderful idea to open suggestions for categories and even start accepting nominations for the 2013 Awards now so that nobody forgets about that amazing oneshot or short story that they stumbled upon back in January, you know? ;3 The link to that blog post (which we will eventually turn into a legit thread, btw) is in the bright blue, so you can't miss it.
As renzei said before me, we're currently creating a Master List of all the fics nominated so that while the judges are typing up the formal reviews, you guys can start peeking at a couple of the nominees and selecting your favorites! The awards belong to the AFF community, so please don't forget that the winners are all up to you. c:
Is anyone else excited for all the amazing fic recs we're going to have? We currently have thirty-seven pages on Microsoft Words. That's after we removed all the reoccurring nominations and I changed everything to a smaller (10px) font. And I think that that's just a little over the halfway mark. LOL. 
Again, thank you so much for supporting this project. I think that it's safe to say that while yes, the EXO fandom has some very... radical fans, it's also the fandom with some of the best writers out there. c:
2 March 2013: It is so nice to be featured and to have many more eyes acknowledge this thread for other authors! However, the deadline has come! This is such a sad thing that this thread was found so late by so many people, but do not fear! Many stories have been nominated, many of the same ones that our new supporters are also nominating! I am still counting these nominations until tonights (Central Time) closing.
Someone asked for another week to nominate, but sadly the rules still apply. However! For all of those who are worried about the 2012 nominations and not being able to contribute, you are right in time for 2013! Please Click Here for our suggestion box for the 2013 year. I implore all of you who go there to READ the information before nominating so we can be as organized as possible! The work that goes into all of this is tremendous and we can use your full cooperation to make this as smooth running as possible!
Continue to Upvote, Subscribe, and Support us! The voting process as explained in the foreword, willl be done by your peers (You guys) not by the Judges. So stick around! The reviews from the judges will be public so you guys will know which stories make it to the voting process. There will also be a masterlist for all those stories that make it through to voting. So for you readers who are looking for good Exo Stories, you can follow the masterlist!
I thank you all for upvoting us and getting us to the front page!
Thank you for your support of these awards!
28 Feb 2013: Today and Tomorrow are the last days to nominate! March 1st 23:59 will be the last time we will be accepting nominations for the year 2012! Get them in today if at all possible and before midnight tomorrow! READ the rules page to find out which stories can be nominated and the valid way of nominating them so they can count! If a story has already been nominated for a category, Do Not nominate it again for that same category! Thank You for your support of these Awards!
24 Feb 2013: Please Check the Categories! The Best Parody category was removed and replaced with The Best "Never to be Completed" Story. Your votes have decided the matter for us and we thank you! Also, if you happen to see a story already nominated, you do not have to renominate that story. It is already being considered for reviewing if it was nominated once. Thank you all for your support of these awards!
24 Feb 2013: Just a question to all those participating in the nominations...did you all tell the authors you're nominating that you did nominate them for an award so they can be aware? The point of these awards is so those really good authors can get recognition! If they don't know they are nominated, then they won't know they are about to potentially be recognized...please go through your recent comments, found on your profile tab named 'Comments', and see who you nominated. If you have not notified that author, please do so!
Thank You for your support of these awards!
23 Feb 2013: Hey everyone, this is wishful, your new co-author. We're still working on tallying all of your nominations, and we really thank you so much for all the support that you've been giving these Awards! It's highly appreciated since they couldn't exist without the effort that you each put into nominating all of these stories. However, we've begun to realize that numerous categories are lacking considerably when it comes to submissions. Therefore, I've gone ahead and marked the specific categories that could use a little more love. Please also keep into consideration that each category is further divided into two: unrated stories and rated stories. Because of this factor, I decided to color code the asterisks to let you know what kind of story we need more of in each division. 
Of course, please don't think that this means that you have to stop nominating stories in categories that aren't marked! We're still accepting submissions over all, but we would really appreciate it if you could nominate more of your favorites that could potentially belong to the starred categories. c:
 
22 Feb 2013: Some of you may have noticed that AFF EXO FANFIC AWARDS is now under new management. However all rules and set plans still apply. Nominations are still open until March 1st. The judges will be contacted at that time in order to sort through nominations to make sure each one fits the category that it was nominated for. 
Also, for those stories being nominated from sites such as Live Journal, those stories will not be considered valid. Maybe one day one of you lovely supporters or someone may create a LJ Exo Fanfic Awards. But since this is AFF Exo Fanfic Awards, we will only be accepting stories created and nominated from Asianfanfics.com.
 
20 Feb 2013: Sam_Temple has been removed from the list of judges. If you're all worried about it, then worry no more. The nominations are still open and the deadline has yet to be announced. Since there are lots of nominations already, we need lots of time to make things more organized.
Some of you might have noticed that me, thederpchanyeol, is now alone. But I don't want to disappoint all of you, saying that I can't host this awarding alone and will stop this thread. That's why I'm here to continue with this activity, whether AFF_EXO_FIC_AWARDS will come back or not.
18 Jan 2013:  Hey ya'll, if you are nominating stories for pairings that aren't the usual ot12 pairings for best genre categories, try nominating them in the pairing categories as well.  Or if the stories aren't too heavy on the romance but have great character development, then put them up for best exo boy fics, but only if they aren't too heavy on the romance/ or anything like that.  Let's fill all the categories, yeah. 
17 Jan 2013:  For all of you nominating 'Baby's Breath,' that nomination is regarded as null.  It was created in the year 2013 so it cannot go up for any awards this awards ceremony.  Nominate some other stories CREATED in 2012 for nominations.  We won't say this again for other stories, so if you can't read the rules, your nominations won't count.
On another note, try nominating for other categories or nominating stories that aren't exclusively ot12 (especially Hunhan and Baekyeol).  We know you all don't read the same two pairings for every single fiction that you read, so please nominate some other stories.  Seriously, if this was going to be the Hunhan and Baekyeol show, this wouldn't have been started, so show some love to some other pairings and fics by nominating for some of the other categories.  There are over 60 categories, you must all be able to name at least a couple fics for over half of them, if you didn't, then you probably wouldn't be hardcore EXO fans in the first place.
17 Jan 2013:  Nominations are there for stories created in 2012.  The awards are awarding those authors who've created stories in the 2012 year, so for those of you who have been nominating stories created in 2013, those nominations are regarded as null.  This rule is clearly expressed in the rules, so for all of you that have been nominating those stories created in 2013, those stories will not go on to voting.  
However, since this is probably going to be an annual thing, you can nominate those stories next year when we do the awards again for the year 2013.  
16 Feb 2013: Rules and Judges Sections have been updated.  Judges section has more info about selected judges and why they were selected.  Rule #3 has been updated/rewritten due to the sheer amount of nominations all ready.  If you nominate a story or author, please do your best to contact them by review, pm, or wall post to inform them that you have nominated them for these awards.  This helps the awards get noticed more and also lessens the stress levels of the staff members (i.e. Sam_Temple who didn't realize how much work this entailed and is doing her best to keep authors, subscribers, judges, and everyone else updated and in the loop on what needs to be done).
We will be hiring a few more judges as the nominations progress, but there will be a certain form that will need to be filled out and sent by private message to AFF_EXO_FIC_AWARDS.  Do not try to comment/pm us with how much experience you have and why you should be selected just yet.  If you do, you will be ignored until the form is up and hiring begins.  
Oh, and upvote please.  I'm asking this, begging really, because if this gets upvoted, then there is a greater chance of the awards being seen.  Yes, there are all ready over 600 people already subscribed, but it would be awesome if we could get 1000-2000 people to subscribe and nominate authors.  With more subscribers and people nominating, the awards get exponentially cooler and will hold it's weight on this site.  It will also get others inspired to do the same thing for other fandoms to recognize more people.  
And hey: for all we know, maybe the mods will find this to be a super cool idea and make this an actual, annual thing instead of the awards they had a few months earlier where only ten to twenty people could win.  With this, you can potentially say that these awards and being able to have them centered with other fandoms as well will mean a lot more people will win and be recognized for their hardwork and skills as an author, instead of the same ten-twenty authors that get recognized on this site and have been popular authors on this site for years.
 
*****Check back to this page for future announcements.