The Ending to Another Beginning.

Journey to become a heir...

2 years later...



Amber's POV

It is finally our graduation day. After a year and a half of busting our to complete every semester, I can finally stopped stuffing my face into books and paper. I noticed how everyone had their widest smile plastered on their face. Which includes the ice queen, Jung Soojung. Krystal. My Krystal who is standing beside me, getting congratulated by her circle of friend.

 

I ignored her as my sight continued to roam towards my surrounding, seeing grown ups scattering, circling their specific maroon-robed person, proud faces are everywhere as everyone congratulate their significant family member for their accomplishment.

"It's just a piece of paper."

I scoffed.

 "What's so great about that?"

And so, in split second, Krystal snaps her head at me, eyes squinting beside me, nudging my side, hard.

"Ow! What was that for?!"

I rubbed my sore side. If my spleen burst, I know who to blame. Urgh.

"I worked hard for it! No. We worked hard to it. Don't you dare say it's just a piece of paper."

Krystal has her arms on the hips, dressed in the same oversized maroon robe everyone is wearing, a mortarboard of the same colour on her head a bit crooked on the left. Annoyance is written all over her face. I could not help to chuckle. 

"You look hot."

"Amber Liu, no!"

The sterness in her voice excite me. I hate to break it to her but she is hot right now. I just want to kiss-

"Don't even try it." 

Krystal huffed in annoyance before walking away to greet her family that just arrived at the hall. 

"But babe!"

There were no response. I faceplamed and cursed silently. A normal Krystal is already tough to handle, given a cranky Krystal, make that double.

 

I was about to chase after Krystal when I heard a familiar voice, calling for me from behind. I turned around and a wide smile immediately appear on my face as I saw Nanna walking toward me. 

"Nanna, you're here."

I went to give Nanna a tight hug, feeling warmness spread across my heart. I hold back the tears threatening to fall. Nanna was quick to notice the sadness in my  eyes and she held out her hands to cup my face. 

"I'm proud of you Amber. And I am sure your mom and dad would be prouder if they are here today."

The sincerity of Nanna's words touched my heart and I smiled, a sense of longing and gratitude filled me up as I remembered my late dad and mom. 

 

I was busy catching up with Nanna when I felt a hand creeping up on my left hand, tighly hugging my hand. I turned around and noticed Krystal standing beside me, beaming the sweetest smile I had ever witnessed all my life. And I felt so much content right at that moment. Just then, I noticed another figure appearing beside her and noticed her parents standing beside her and I quickly bowed to them.

"So, this is the Amber that we've heard so much about?"

I gulped at the threatening tones coming from Krystal's father. But the fears was quick to left as I saw Mrs.Jung quickly smacking her husband and reprimanding him for teasing me. I smiled sheepishly while rubbing the back of my neck.

"Okay! Okay! Fine honey. I was just joking. It is nice to finally meet you Amber."

Krystal laughed at how quick her father give up in teasing me. 

"Serve you right Appa. Either way, yes, this is Amber. Amber, meet my parent."

I was going to bow again but Mrs. Jung was quicker to lean in and hug me instead. It was a first in a long time that I had gotten a motherly hug and feeling the way Mrs.Jung tighten her hug, I caved in and hugged her back. 

"Krystal already told us so much about you. You can always call me Eomma too. Okay Amber?"

"See, I told you my mom is pretty chill. Like her daughter."

I laughed at how confident and proud Krystal look while boasting about her parents.

"It is nice to meet you two as well. Well, allow me to introduce my Nanna. Nanna, this is Krystal's parent."

I gestured Nanna to Mr. and Mrs. Jung and Nanna quickly give me an approving looks. I shyly smiled as I reached to hold Krystal's hand.

 

The unplanned first meeting hit off well as Krystal's parent and my Nanna continued discussing about me and Krystal. I left the elderly to talk as I pulled Krystal away from them. I could not help but to feel  worried as I glanced at Krystal's parent who is still talking to my Nanna. But, Krystal was quick to notice my worry and turned me to face her.

"I think they are just talking about random topic Amber. Stop being so worried. My parent are okay when I told them about you."

"I know. It's just my thoughts."

"Well, kick that thought away. Owh yes, have I told you how proud I am of you? You manage to graduate eventhough you're such a dork."

"I am not a dork! But, same goes to you Soojung."

"Yah! How many times do I have to tell you to not call me by my Korean name."

I laughed at the pout that was fast to appear on Krystal lips. 

"Well, should I call you my Wifey instead?"

Krystal eyes grew big and a loud smack followed soon after, landing perfectly on my arm.

"Yyah! Who wants to be your wife?"

"Well, don't you?"

I teasingly looked at Krystal and snorted as a red shade appear on her cheeks. I cleared my throat a little and pulled Krystal to face me. My eyes bore in hers and I feel a surge of certainty, filling me up. 

"Krystal, I want you to know how happy I am to be here with you. And I think... I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Krystal looked at me, her eyes getting teary upon hearing my words. I stretched my hand and wiped her tears.

"Will you marry me Krystal?"

I cupped her face, searching for an answer. Slight fear invaded my heart when she did not answer. Was I too quick to say all of these?  Before I can said another  words to convince the girl that is currently standing in front of me, I felt something pressing against my lips. The kiss caught me by suprise and I blushed as she pulled away.

"I have to wait 3 years for you to propose. Obviously my answer is Yes stupid."

"Yyes?"

Krystal nodded and that was it. That is all it takes for me to pull her closer by the waist and I sealed my lips on hers again. This is my awaited ending to another beginning of my life with Krystal Jung. I guess I always know from the first day she grabbed my s, that I wanted to be her stupid for the rest of my life. 

 

 

The End. 

 


 

 

Author's Notes

 

Good day everyone. God, it's been 6 years since I last updated this fanfic. And I believe, I owe this story an ending. And a sincere apology to all my readers.

 

I published this story back in 2013. The times where I first fall in love with someone and she was my inspiration for me to write and follow through until Chapter 22. But, my friendship with her ended afterwards, which causes my heart to no longer be here, to continue this fanfic, thus the long hiatus. 

 

Fast forward today, I still cannot move on from her. But, I am in a better emotional state. I hope with giving this fanfic its ending, I soon shall find my ending with this person as well. 

 

Now now, enough with my ranting. I hope everyone is doing well amidst this COVID-19 situation. Stay safe, wear mask and keep standing up and fight even if you fail yet again. Till we see each other again. This is ikky94, signing off. :)