Why am i like this now?

Journey to become a heir...

 

Amber’s POV

I swing my bag pack on the lower bunk before quickly turning around, exiting the hostel again.As I got out of the hostel area, I walked my way to my car and quickly drove away.

“Such a waste to come back early but at least it is party time.” I grinned and speed up the car rushing through the almost empty road.

The music booming with up to beat song around the club, perfect for the weekend as people started filling in on the dance floor. I my head as I heads to the bar.

“Vodka please.” I turned around, searching for something to fill upmy night, or maybe rather someone. Evil thoughts fills up my head as I spotted a girl gazing at me with her y eyes, swaying her bosy to the beat as if she is trying  to lure me in. I smirked and drink the vodka in one shot before making my way to her. The night passed as we’re grinding and kissing each other. Yes me kissing a girl. There’s lot that I am going to further explain but right now I gotta enjoy the kiss and y time.

I brought her to my hostel room knowing that none of my roommate is back yet, not until tomorrow night. Let say we had quite a hot, steamy ‘exercise’ but she was gone by the morning. I couldn’t care less , it was just a one night stand after all.

                                                                                                                           

   

 

I got up and stared at my own reflection in the mirror. My hair is short again, shorter than the last time and dyed brown. I closed my eyes thinking if I am doing the right thing. I wonder what they… well my friends would say if they see me today. I brushed those thoughts away. I am no longer the old Amber. This is the new me. I guess a month is enough to change a person. More like a hectic event that happen a month long change me. I change my cloth and head out again.

                                     

♦♦

 

That night finally arrived. I breathed in deep as I stared at the opened light from most of the hostel room meaning that some of my friends is already here. I nervously make my way to my room ignoring the gaze from anyone that passed me, staring at me weirdly. I smiled to them and removed my hat and shade to confirm that it was me, Amber and not a guy breaking into the hostel area. Most of them just hang their mouth open staring dumbly at me. Ignoring them I just keep on walking until I reached the front door.

“Ahh can’t wait to see Amber with long hair. Bet she look beautiful. “

“Prepare your camera then, we’re going to take picture for evidence. Haha”

Luna and Sulli voice slipped through the door. My hand started to become shaky but I pushed the knob either way. I make my way inside smiling a bit. I felt their gaze turned to me and somehow I just can’t explain their expression.

“Hey guys.” I rubbed my neck nervously. Damn it, it felt just like the first time I met nanna a month ago. Ok everyone still staring at me. No words. Ok not good Amber, not good. I try to show a little bit of my charming smile, but no respond. Oh Shoot!! 

“Am…Amber?” Luna voice sound shaky. I nodded a little.

“Wha…what happen to you?”

“Nothing happen to me, I am just…adapting right now.” I smiled a little. I didn’t lie when I say I am adapting to the situation.

“Your hair, your clothes. You look more like a….guy then ever. I thought you were keeping your hair again during the semester break .”Luna start shaking her head. Sulli stared at me with a shock expression. Just then the door behind me was open and Victoria stepped in. Her bag instantly dropped as she saw me. I didn’t know what to do or how to react so I just stay quiet.

“Victoria come inside first and close the door. Let’s just all sit down. I… have got something to tell you guys.”

Finally all of us settled down in the middle of the room and I allow them to stare at me. At my short brown hair and boyish cloth. I take a deep breath.

“When we got back for the holiday, i… hmm” I closed my eyes trying to gain the strength to spill it out. My heart beats so fast.

“I… was introduced to my grandmother, which I never knew I had one until that day. “

I spilled all the details on how I somehow turned out to be the heir of one of the biggest tourism company around Asia but my identity was kept secret until now as nanna wanted to protect me when there is a rumour that my uncle is trying to take over the company back then. The only way for him to achieve that is by killing the only heir which is me. But now that he’s dying due to cancer, my identity finally revealed.

“But most important thing now is that I was introduced to the new so called family as a…..guy.” I held my head down.

“Bu... but why would they do that? You’re obviously a girl.” Victoria spitted out while huffing. I chuckled at her remark, earning attention from all of them.

I further explained that in order to prevent the business from falling into other people that is still trying to take over the company, the current management needed a male heir thus is why I was disguised as male.

They just nodded at me vigorously after I finished my explanation. Then they started grinning like… a ert I must say?

“Guys? What’s with the smile?”

“Am…Am…Amber. I gotta say you look quite handsome right now although I was actually more eager to see you with long hair.” Luna nodded her head at Victoria.

“So…… Amber. Tell us what’s your next plan?”

“Well. Honestly I gotta say I needed to finish my study and somehow I will take over the company after this.” I hung my head low. There goes my young life that I am supposed to fill with exciting memories.

"Although this new Amber thing is shocking, i gotta some other shocking new. Damn I never knew coming back to college every semester will be full of surprise." Victoria pout.

It turns out that there will be a room exchange for everyone starting next week. But most importantly it will only be two person per room and the order of room and pairing already be decided and can be check online later on. The management already put the notice around the hostel. Well it's good to have new changes once in a while. 

We continue talking about our holiday for a bit before all of us decided to sleep. Class will only start in another two days so we got whole day tomorrow to continue. I shifted a lot before being able to go to sleep. I was probably just nervous for class again as a... guy.

 

 ♦♦

 


 

Fuh first chapter done!!

Hope it's enough to show some intro of what going on around Amber's life right now. 

Please feel free to comment and any suggestion is welcomed.

^____________________^