2.

Daydreams

"Hello?"

Jongin smiled on the other end of the phone. He was calling Taemin, because he had his personal number. Because Taemin asked him too. "H-hi. It's Jongin. I think I'm good now.'

"That's great! Actually I have an hour between now and a radio show, so I can come by for a bit and we can chat, if you want." Taemin's voice was full of excitement.

"Yeah, that sounds good. You remember where I live, right?" Jongin forced his words out, accepting what Taemin had offered him as reality but not yet fully wrapping his mind around the fact that it was coming from Taemin. 

"Of course. Be there in five." With that the older boy hung up his phone.

Jongin smiled one last time at his phone before shoving it in his pocket. His heart sank when he looked up at the current condition of his room. SHINee posters covered the walls and a giant photo of Taemin in his favourite era graced the center of them all. His book shelf was more of a album shelf, containing the vast majority of everything  the band had produced. Across his dresser there was his lightstick and various pins and rubber bracelets, all in pearlescent blue.

He went to work quickly, but carefully, taking his posters down and sliding them under his bed, glad he had put them up with tacks instead of tape because that would have been a mess. He pushed the albums back slightly on the shelf and stacked his school books in front of them. Then, he got distracted, spotting a light blue shirt, thankfully not band merch. But that had become his favourite colour. He remembered how Taemin had said that the colour looked good on him and he pulled his white t-shirt over his head and slipped into the v-neck blue shirt.

That's when his phone buzzed.

New Message: Taemin

Here. Don't know who's home, wanna let me in? ;)

Jongin had to remind himself that some people just over used the 'winky face' and he shouldn't be reading into it at all. Seeing Taemin's name light up his phone was something he would most likely never get used to. He was about to leave him room when he back pedaled, opening his underwear drawer and with a sweep of his arm sending the rest of his obsession into hiding.

He flew down the stairs and ran a hand through his hair once before opening the front door to a brightly smiling Taemin. That smile. Another thing he would never get used to. Jongin nodded for the other to come in, and mumbled a greeting. Taemin stepped in cautiously, peering around the corner before fully stepping into the kitchen.

"Hey, so I forgot that I still need to hear you sing." Taemin said, taking a seat at the island in the kitchen as Jongin poured two cups of coke.

Jongin choked on his sip, setting his cup down on the table before swallowing properly to reply. "I think if I sing in front of you I might piss myself."

Taemin laughed out loud."Well if you're going to be a trainee, you're going to need to get used to being out of your comfort zone. Here, I'll sing with you until you get more comfortable. Chorus of 'Ayo', I'm assuming you know it?"

Jongin cleared his throat and nodded, rubbing his now sweaty palms on his jeans. 

"Okay, I'll start and you jump in whenever." Taemin said, straightening himself out on the chair and in a breath before he began to sing.

Jongin was struck with awe as the singers voice bounced off the walls in the kitchen. It sounded nothing like on his iPod or while watching fancams on Youtube. It sounded pure and simple, much better then editing or microphones could ever make it sound. Shaking himself from his stricken state, he swallowed once before joining in with the older. Their voices blended together perfectly sending chills down Jongin's spine. A smile spread across Taemin's face that was soon mirrored by Jongin's as they finished the rest of the chorus, happiness lacing both of their voices.

Taemin jumped from his seat and clapped a few times. "Did you hear how ing good that sounded, holy , where have you been hiding?!"

Jongin shook his head. "Are you kidding me right now? You are, like, four hundred times better then me!"

"Remember what I said about confidence?" Of course Jongin had, he remembered everything that left the others lips. "Chorus of 'Hello'. Go!"

Jongin tried to ask him why he had to do this but was interrupted, not verbally, but by a stare that told him not to be so shy. He began to sing and as he did Taemin joined in softly for the last few words. "Jongin, you really are good. But now I want to try something. You are going to sing an entire song, of your choice, and I'm going to try and distract you. You have to keep going, no matter what. Understand?" 

Jongin nodded silently, earning another warm smile from the other. He began to sing the beginning of one of his favourite songs, 'replay'. Another SHINee song, obviously. He got through the first little bit with Taemin just making faces at him, but found it hard when Taemin started to shrieked like a maniac fangirl. Jongin assumed that he was trying to stimulate what the distractions where like when it came to performing live. It didn't help at when he started screaming things like "Oppa, you're so hot!" and "I love you!", playfully dancing around the other and dramatically fanning himself causing the singing boy to spurt little giggles between lines and words.

Jongin smiled and stifled a laugh, still singing but nearing the end, while avoiding to look at the other. He couldn't, however, avoid eye contact when Taemin put on hand on the refrigerator behind Jongin's head and started to dance very small movements to the other's voice, their bodies less then a foot or so apart. Taemin looked Jongin directly in the eye, causing his voice to crack and in turn making Taemin smirk. Jongin was done giggling and smiling the closer Taemin got to him, and he was getting really ing close.

Jongin could almost feel the weight of Taemin's eyes as the older boy let his stare fall from the youngers eyes and slowly rake over his entire body. Jongin's body went stiff and he pressed himself up against the the hard surface behind him, desperate to maintain self control. Taemin's eyes returned to his, now with a glint of something Jongin couldn't quite pin point. Whatever it was, it wasn't his cute maknae side that Jongin was used to seeing, from a distace of course.

Taemin's eyes locked on Jongin's lips as the older began to mouth the last few words of his own song to the other's , now very unstable sounding, voice. With every word sang Taemin moved in closer and closer to Jongin's face, letting his head lazily flop side to side with the rhythem. When the song finished, Jongin was breathing heavily, breaths that Taemin could feel hitting his own lips as they were now a mere few inches away from the others. Taemin bit his own lip through another smirk and began to slowing bring his mouth to the others.

It was precisely that moment when the front door of the house audibly opened, sending a gust of wind to Jongin's already frozen body. Taemin used the hand that was beside Jongin's head to push off and he leaned back on the island again, as if nothing had, or was going, to happen.

"Jongin, sorry I wasn't here when you got home from school, I had to run some errands." His mom said as she made her way to the kitchen, arms full of bags.

"Here, let me help you with that." Taemin said cheerfully, taking some of the bags out of the woman's arms. "Hi, I'm Taemin."

"OH! You're the boy Jonggie told me about, the one who wants to bring him into the singing company. Hey, Jonggie, isn't this the boy whose face is on your wall?" His mom questioned innocently.

Taemin looked sideways at Jongin, raising his eyebrows and grinning at him. Jongin just looked to the floor and shuffled uncomfortably. "Mom, no of course not."

Jongin's mothers look of confusion turned to that of surprise. "No, it is you. You're THE Taemin, aren't you?"

Taemin chuckled, at Jongin's discomfort as well as his mothers comment. "I guess that would be me. Hey, now that you're here you might want to here this."

Taemin took out his cell phone, leaving the other two watching him with curiously. He dialed a number quickly before putting it on speaker phone and setting it down on the table. It rang a few times before a man picked up.

"Hello?"

Taemin casually leaned against the island, raising his voice a little. "Hey, it's Taemin."

"Oh! Hi, what can I do for you?" The mans voice got brighter at the recognition of the other speaker.

"Remember that guy I showed you? The super talented dancer? Well not only can he dance, but he can sing too. When can I bring him in?"

Jongin's mother began silently jumping up and down, patting her son on the back. Jongin was too busy staring at Taemin. Whatever darkness was in his eyes had dissappeared before he could have even made sure it was really there.There was a little fumbling on the other end of the line for a few seconds.

"Tomorrow, bring him in after the radio show and before the concert. Three hours should be enough to let him do his thing and give him a tour."

"Will do, see you then."

"Okay, see you."

Taemin clicked his phone off and slid it into his coat pocket that was hanging off the back of the chair. 

Jongin's mother began screaming and laughing with joy as soon as the line was disconnected. "Jongin, this is wonderful! My talented little boy is going to be a star!" She yelled, pinching his cheeks.

Taemin chuckled again. "I sure hope so. Anyway, I need to be off. It was nice meeting you and I'll come pick Jongin up at six tomorrow."

Taemin nodded once more before gathering his belongings and stepping out of the house, leaving all of it's occupants in complete shock, for two very different reasons.

Jongin's mom was already on the phone calling relatives, saying that a SHINee boy had been in their house and told them about Jongin's invitation to audition.

Jongin, on the other hand, sat staring at the space that Taemin had just been standing, lost in his own thoughts. The other boy was clearly being suggestive, but the younger was unaware if this was simply Taemin's little distraction test or something more. He wanted it to be more. Taemin made his knees week and his heart race. Jongin would take what he could get, even if it was just for some stupid test.

His heart was still fluttering in his chest. He was once again faced with the question of how much he liked Taemin. Someone he didn't know if he liked romantially or just idolized. But then again, no other celebrity was able to bring blood to his cheeks and a smile to his face the way Taemin had.

How was he letting another guy make him feel like this?

Then again, if it felt so right, could it really be so wrong?