Working it out

Crazy Stupid Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jiyong dropped the call immediately after answering it with clipped words. He was not in the mood to talk with Nana. It wasn’t an emergency call rather it is just a call for good luck on the launching of the project he has been working on for weeks. He fixed himself a drink and went out to the veranda, staring into space. What Dara told him earlier kept on flashing back on his mind. She’s right. But he couldn’t just leave his work because it is very important. It’s one of the projects he’s been looking forward to work since before. He’s just been torn between work and with them two. He sighed dejectedly. He felt stupid for what happened. He blamed himself for causing Dara to cry. This is not the first time they had a fight but this is the first time that it was really serious.

After finishing his drink, he changed his clothes to his sleeping wear and went to Dara’s room. He couldn’t help himself but smile as soon as he saw her sleeping peacefully. He moved closer and knelt down; he then held her hands with his and kisses it. It was evident that she was crying to sleep because her pillow had a tear stain. It’s my entire fault. I’m sorry babe. He kissed her head and slipped himself behind her, wrapping his arm tightly around her.

“I’m so sorry Dara. I’ve caused you pain. I’m sorry.” He whispered before falling asleep with her in his arms.

 

 

Dara woke up at dawn and looked at her surroundings. Then she felt an arm around her waist holding her. She slowly shifted her position and faces him. Did he sleep in here with me? She bit her lower lip to suppress her sobs. I’ve missed you so, so much Jiyong. She gently lifted herself up and placed his hands on his side. She looked at him for a long time before going to her closet and grabbed her bag to put some few things in there.

It took her awhile before she slung her bag on her shoulders. She stood in front of him and leaned down to plant her lips on her cheeks. Thank you Jiyong. But I have to stay away for a while from you. She placed an envelope under his phone.

“I love you, Mr. Kwon.”

 

 

As soon as Jiyong’s alarm goes off, he instantly gets up from her bed. He looked around him and discovered that he was already alone. He grabbed his phone and turned off the alarm. When he was about to put his phone back down, a white envelope caught his eyes. He rubbed his eyes before grabbing the envelope. He frowned. What’s this?

He brought it with him as he went out to the living room. Ahjumma Lee was already making breakfast.

“Good morning, Jiyong” she greeted and ushered him to sit.

He was about to ask her about Dara’s whereabouts when they heard Jihyun crying loudly. Jiyong glanced at Ahjumma Lee and then he immediately ran upstairs, alarmed.

“Jihyun what happened? Are you okay? Baby what ha—

He was cut off as soon as he saw Jihyun holding a letter in her chest. She was hugging a letter. Tears kept on running down her cheeks. “O-oppa~”

That was the moment when everything sank into him. Dara left. She left. He glanced at his hand holding the letter. He turned it around and saw that Resignation was written in front. He crumpled the envelope in his hand and stuffed it inside his pocket. He scooped Jihyun in his arms and cooed her, rubbing her back.

She continued to cry. “Dara unnie left already oppa. She left us. I thought we will watch the movie today again. She said we will watch it some other time and then…” she sniffed and sobbed again, “and then I should be a good girl all the time.” She looked at her brother. “Oppa did I do something wrong? Was I a bad girl to unnie and to you? Did I make unnie mad?”

It breaks his heart even more seeing his sister crying. It was his entire fault. He inhaled loudly and kissed her forehead. “You were not a bad girl to your unnie, Jihyunnie. Maybe she just needed to go away from us because she is busy with something. I am sure your unnie will be back in the next couple of days. You didn’t do anything wrong, okay? Your unnie is just busy that’s why she left us for a while. But I promise you that she will be back. Jiyong oppa will bring her back okay?”

She nodded slowly and wiped her tears. “Okay oppa”

“Now stop crying, sweetie” he said and kissed both her cheeks. “Let’s eat our breakfast now hm?”

When they turned to the door, Ahjumma Lee was standing there. She smiled apologetically to Jiyong.  Ahjumma Lee also received a letter from Dara telling her that she will go away for a while. She wanted to be away from him.

 

 

 

When Jiyong arrived at the venue of the project launching, he was void with emotion. In short, he was back to being his old self. Scary-looking, authoritative, and shows no mercy to any of them. He didn’t even greet Nana who was welcoming him by the door. He walked past her and he only talked to his secretary.

As soon as the launching started, Jiyong was so smooth with his speech and all. The investors were so impressed by him and his project. It didn’t take them long before the partnership was sealed. Jiyong shook their hands one by one and thanked them for their cooperation. He excused himself from them and approached his secretary.

“Do you need something, Mr. Kwon?” Secretary Kim asked him as

Please log in to read the full chapter