Cheesy bastard

Crazy Stupid Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Everyone was at their respective tables eating their dinner cheerfully and once in a while have a chitchat with their officemates. The party had just begun as people dig in; soft music was being played in the area. Dara kept on pestering Jiyong to roam around the premises and after a couple of pushing, begging and a little bit of not-so-cute aegyo from Dara, he finally agreed but with one condition.

"You need tto accompany me" he said sternly.

She almost spit her water to her plate. "Whaaat?"

He wagged his index finger at her. "Uh-oh, no buts! I don't take 'no' as an answer and you know that. Plus what's the use of going around in here when you're not by my side?" He asked, propping his elbow on the table and rested his chin on his palm; staring at her with mischievous smile tugged on his lips.

"Mr. Kwo- Jiyong!" Dara whined. "That was supposed to be use as an excuse so that I could talk to my workmates in my department."

Jiyong chuckled, "oh Dara, you've just talked to them an hour ago, do you miss them that much?"

"You can't blame me though, tonight's my last day that I'll be able to see and tlak to them" she reasoned out again.

He nodded at her and sipped on his wine. "You have a point though but who knows you'll be able to see them again one day aside from bumping each other on the streets" he shrugged his shoulder.

She blinked at him, "What do you mean?"

"Nothing" he smiled at her.

Dara wasn't able to understand the word play of Jiyong. She didn't catch it up well. Jiyong smiled inwardly at his words.

"But do I really need to accompany you?" Dara brought up the topic again.

"It's not necessary though but if you won't consider my condition then I'm not gonna go around here and meet my people. It's really much better if you are within my reach; after all Kwon Jiyong wanted to brag to everyone his very stunning date tonight." Jiyong grinned at her and Dara could only fan her face.

"Arrasso, I'll go with you hun" finally she agreed with his condition. "Now don't blame me if ever I'll humiliate you" she warned him beforehand.

"Don't worry about it, love" he reached for her hand and squeezed it.

 

-

 

The night dragged on and everybody is having a good time. The couple kept on roaming around from table to table and from one group to another. In between those times, Dara would not forget to ask if they're having a great time. Jiyong onced laugh at it but she pinched his side and so he restrained himself from laughing again.

All throughout the 'meet and greet' event of the two, Dara never missed a compliment from each people. She really do look very stunning indeed tonight and its no doubt why the man named Kwon Jiyong wouldn't leave her side or let her move away from him even an inch.

Someone might steal her away from me. He thought ... selfishly.

They settled back to their seat and Dara excused herself to go to the ladies' washroom. Upong reaching there, she went inside a cubicle. Before she could even got up and go out of there, she heard girls talking just outside, by the mirror to be exact.

"Sandara looks so very pretty tonight, won't you agree with me unnie?" one of the girls started. Dara listened as she heard her name being mentioned.

"Of course she is. Her dress is so simple yet she looks so elegant and gorgeous" gossip girl number 2 agreed.

Dara can't afford t go out because she might spoil their talk. But she swear that if these girls will talk bad about her or to her Jiyong, she will surely go out and strangle their neck. Oh wait, that's exaggerrated maybe she will face them and have a face-to-face talk. She leaned on the wall and listened.

"No wonder Mr. Kwon was so into her for the entire night. Have you seen the glint in his eyes when he looks at her? Damn, I so envy her. He even asked her out as his date which is a first for him!"

"I swear, if I will hear that they become a couple, I will never be surprise by it."

Then Dara heard the clanking of their heels disappearing as they went out of the washroom. That was the time she flush the toilet and went out. She stared at her reflection on the mirror and a smile crept up on her lips; she then washed her hand and brushed her hair before going out.

As she stepped out of the washroom, she could feel Jiyong's stare. She glanced at their table and yes, he was staring right at her. He gestured his fingers to make her come to him, smiling she nodded.

"What took you so long Dara?" he asked as soon as she settled back on her seat.

She smiled at him, "Something came up."

"Something?"

"Some girls were talking about me when I was about to go out so I stay hiding in my cubicle and listened. It's not really my intention to

Please log in to read the full chapter