아홉

A Dead Man's Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ NINE }

Baekhyun watched the way Joori looked at Jongdae longingly. He waited a few moments before interrupting her thoughts.
What’s so good about Jongdae? Even I’m better than that guy…

 

“Stop leaning on the car,” He scolded, pulling her up. “You’ll leave a mark.”

“Are you saying I’m so fat that I’ll dent the car?” She asked with a mock expression of hurt.

He rolled his eyes but grinned nonetheless. “Yeah, you’re positively obese. It’s a miracle you can fit inside,” he joked.

She gave him a light punch to the arm before getting in the passenger’s seat.
“So where are we going?” She asked curiously.

“To the supermarket!” He tried making it sound exciting but he could tell by her facial expression that she was not amused.

“You’re making me go on chores with you?” She asked with a jokingly annoyed tone. She didn’t really mind, but she had expected something a little more fun.

“Yeah, you’re going to keep me company.”
He didn’t know when he had first started to feel so comfortable around her. But now he found himself making jokes and being sassy with her.

 

 

 

“Ladies first,” Baekhyun said with a mock bow as he let Joori into the supermarket first.

She rolled her eyes but laughed. “Why thank you. What a fine gentleman,” she replied sarcastically while curtsying.

 

“Okay, here’s the list! First, from the grocery aisle: Scallions, lettuce, soybeans, zucchini, spinach, and garlic!” He announced. “Let’s go!”

“Wait, it also says mushrooms,” she pointed out.

He made a face. “I hate mushrooms. Not going to buy them!”

She laughed at his childishness. He wasn’t cool like Jongdae, but he still had his charms.

 

“While we’re at it, let’s buy some snacks,” he said with a smirk, putting in eggs, the last item on the grocery list.

“Sounds good!” She had a sweet tooth that she always failed to suppress.

 

She reached for the banana flavored chips that rested on the top shelf. She was on her toes and her fingertips barely reached the package.

“I think you fall a little short,” he joked. “Need help?”

She scowled as he reached over her easily to grab the chips.
He’s taller than I thought… She had always considered him somewhat on the short side, but now that she thought about it, he stood a good head above her.

 

 

 

 “I’ll drop off the groceries first and then drive you home,” he said. There was meat that shouldn’t stay out for too long.

She nodded as she munched on the chips happily as they drove to his house.

“Ah~” He opened his mouth. “I want one.”

She raised an eyebrow. “No, feed yourself.”

He pouted. “I can’t while I’m driving. That’s illegal!”

She gave in as she popped one in his mouth and wondered if they had go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter