여섯

A Dead Man's Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

{ SIX }

Joori laid on her bed, feeling hopelessly lost as to what she should do. She had never been one of those extremely kind girls who tried endlessly to please people. She wasn’t fond of the idea of spending time with Baekhyun, someone she barely knew, to get to know Chanyeol, his dead best friend who was also her year-long stalker.
But she had a conscience. She couldn’t get Baekhyun’s sorrow-filled eyes out of her mind. She cursed.
What did I do to make Chanyeol like me so much? If he hadn’t liked her to this crazy extent, Baekhyun probably wouldn’t have been bugging her at this point in time.
She let out a loud sigh. She didn’t do anything special at school to make her stand out. She was considered somewhat pretty in school, but not pretty enough to turn heads. Her grades were mediocre, if that mattered. And she wasn’t popular; she only hung out with a small group of close friends.

It wasn’t that she didn’t like Baekhyun – even if he was a little too pushy for her liking. She wasn’t one of those mean girls who refused to make friends with people; she didn’t mind making friends – she could be friends with Baekhyun. It was just the whole “let’s be friends to talk about my dead best friend” concept that she was having a hard time with.
She didn’t really appreciate that he was trying to become friends with her with a motive. People were supposed to become friends through liking each other’s company and other friendship-like things, not to achieve something.

She decided she’d think about it later and make a decision then. Right now, her assignments were calling her name.


 

 

Baekhyun sat at his desk, finishing the last of his homework. He decided to do a little more reading and hid the diary with a magazine. He laid on his bed to make sure none of his friends could see that he was snooping in Chanyeol’s journal.

May 12

She was staring at her notebook today at the library. I couldn’t tell if she was really studying, but the way she blankly stared at her books was adorable. Her eyes are like a cute puppy’s.
I’m thinking of getting a puppy now…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter