다섯

A Dead Man's Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

{ FIVE }

“Have you seen Joori?” Baekhyun asked his friends. He had realized it would be equally as tough for him to find her as it had been for Chanyeol.

“Joori? The girl that Chanyeol Hyung liked?” Sehun asked while shrugging.

“Where did Hyung usually find her? You should look in those places.” Jongin suggested. Like always, he thought logically.

Baekhyun racked his memory. He remembered Chanyeol talking about seeing her in the café, around campus, near the athletic field, and the library. With exams in less than three weeks, his best bet was she was at the library. But which one? There were a couple. She probably wasn’t in Central Library; he had been in that one until recently. That left three more to search.
He remembered Chanyeol would always go to Hyesung Library, the one he disliked the most. He’d start with that one. 
He ran across campus. He wasn’t really in a rush, but he was afraid if he took his time, there was a greater chance she’d leave before he got there. If she was there in the first place, that is.

He had created a plan: He would slowly befriend her first.
If he approached her and said, “Hey let’s get to know Chanyeol!”, she’d probably freak out and avoid him endlessly.

And after slowly inching his way into her friendship circle, he’d occasionally talk casually about Chanyeol.
And when they were finally comfortable with each other, he’d ask her if he could “introduce” her to Chanyeol, explaining that it was one last thing he wanted to do for him.
You’re watching, right, Yeol? I got your back. He grinned to the darkening sky. He could almost picture his friend grinning back at him.

 

He was almost at the doors of Hyesung Library when he saw Joori’s familiar figure skipping down the steps. She was leaving.
“W-Wait!” He called out, running after her.

Joori heard his familiar voice and turned around. She saw him sprinting breathlessly towards her. Her eyebrows furrowed. What was he doing?
“Hi… Again,” she murmured. She was seeing him a lot more than she expected she would.

“Um, hi. I was wondering if…” He realized he didn’t really know what to say. He had wanted to say "I was wondering if you want to be friends," but that sounded idiotic.
She was staring at him strangely, waiting for an explanation.
“I was wondering if you wanted to go home with me... Since we live in the same neighborhood.” He finished with a friendly smile. He was confident in his smile – people always complimented him for it.

But Joori thought he was smi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter