스물

A Dead Man's Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ TWENTY }

“Woah, woah, woah – what do we have here?!” Jongin shrieked, watching Baekhyun walk out of the library holding Joori’s hand. “Hyung… And J-Joori-sunbae? Together?!”

Kyungsoo placed his hand on the younger boy’s shoulder and gave it a firm squeeze. Calm down.

“B-But Kyungsoo Hyung!” Jongin protested loudly. “How about Cha–”

Kyungsoo once again squeezed Jongin’s shoulder – a little harder this time.
 

“Baekhyun Hyung probably has given this a lot of thought,” Sehun spoke up in a hushed voice. “So stop freaking out.” He sighed – sometimes he wondered how he was the same age as Jongin.

 

 

“I believe you all haven’t officially met Joori…” Baekhyun murmured nervously, nudging his new girlfriend forward.

“H-Hi, you know me… I’m Song Joori... It’s nice to see you all again,” she spoke as she tried not to fidget. “I… I’m, uh, dating this guy now,” she said, pointing to Baekhyun.

Joonmyeon smiled. “Does that mean you’ll come on double dates with me and Jungeum?”

Baekhyun made a face. He didn’t like Jungeum… “Yeah, maybe…”

 

“How about later today actually?” Joonmyeon invited. “We were planning to get dinner – why don’t you come along?”

Joori looked at Baekhyun nervously. They had yet to go to dinner as a couple – she’d really rather not have an awkward double date as their first dinner.

 

But Baekhyun seemed to already know and took care of it well by saying, “Nah, sorry, Hyung. We’re going to have to pass – we have somewhere else we need to go today.”

She looked at him in question. They hadn’t made specific plans – so where were they going?

 

Baekhyun noticed a pair of eyes staring at him and turned around. It was Kyungsoo, and he was giving him an understanding stare.
And instantly, he could tell that Kyungsoo knew where he had planned to go today with Joori.

Kyungsoo gave him a supporting pat on the back. “I’m proud of you. I’m sure He is too,” he muttered, only audible to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun merely nodded, knowing that he could spare the sappy words of gratitude. He couldn’t even express how thankful he was for having Kyungsoo here. He wasn’t a replacement for Chanyeol – and he never would be – but he definitely was an irreplaceable close friend.

 

“I’ll see you guys at home,” he said.

He took Joori’s hand once more and walked towards the car.
“Are you down to go on a little trip with me?” He asked.

“To anywhere, at anytime,” she replied with a small smile.

He squeezed her hand and kissed her on the forehead.

 

Joori had a feeling it was better not to ask where they were heading… So she didn’t. She patiently sat in the car, talking casually about her friends or his friends, letting him drive to wherever.

And when they pulled up in front of the cemetery, she wasn’t surprised.

 

Baekhyun was secretly thankful she didn’t ask questions as they walked to his grave. He didn’t hold her hand this time, and she didn’t try to hold his. She was sensible, and he was glad.
 

He didn’t ask her to, but when the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter