A Dead Man's Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

{ TWO }

Joori threw the diary on her desk and plopped onto her bed. She was tired from waking up so early on a Sunday and she had slept late finishing her work that previous night. She closed her eyes, but sleep refused to overtake her.
She kept thinking of Chanyeol and how he had had a crush on her. For how long? She wondered. She wanted to know how he talked endlessly about her, someone he didn’t know. And most of all, she wanted to know why.

She would be lying if she said she didn’t care that he liked her. She was sort of flattered, to tell the truth. Someone liked her – someone had looked at her and found her attractive. She wondered if that was how Jongdae felt. She had a teensy crush on him, probably nowhere as big as the one Chanyeol had on her, but she liked him nonetheless.
But in the case of her and Jongdae… Jongdae actually knew she existed. In fact, he knew she liked him. He just didn’t like her back.
She sighed, wondering why the only people who liked her were the ones she didn’t like back.

She couldn’t help herself and reached for Chanyeol’s diary. She felt awful reading his secrets, but she was only human and couldn’t help herself. It was only natural to feel curious, right?
She flipped open to the first page. It was dated to two years ago, the first day of school.

March 5

Today is the first day of the semester. I’m up bright and early because I was just too excited. I have all the classes I want and Baek’s going to be here soon. Wish me luck!
I hope there’s babes…

She stopped reading. This was just a boring entry. She skipped forward a huge chunk.

December 15

It’s almost Christmas and vacation starts soon. There’s a cute girl named Moon Baekjoo but I don’t like that her name starts with Baek like Baekhyun does. It’s kind of weird if we are seen as a couple then. People would probably call us names, no? Like Chanbaek… And then it’d sound like Baekhyun and I are dating which is gross.
I guess it wouldn’t matter if I really liked her. So I must not really like her…

Joori frowned. He liked some other girls before her during freshman year. He must have not liked her for as long as Baekhyun made it sound.

 

She flipped to his sophomore year.

May 15

Final exams are killing me. I don’t think I did well on my calculus exam, but I’m happy. Do you know why?
Because I got to see Joori again.

Her eyes widene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter