열일곱

A Dead Man's Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ SEVENTEEN }

Joori smacked Baekhyun’s back in frustration as they pedaled along the river. Well, he was doing most of the pedaling – tandem biking was harder than it seemed.
They had been able to get away from Minhee and her countless curious questions because he had made the situation worse by saying ‘they wanted some alone time.’
 

“Why did you say that!?” She shouted. “I’ll never be able to live it down!” She tapped her head on his back and groaned. “You pedal! Consider it punishment!”

He laughed, his cheeks pink from feeling her breath near his neck. He pushed the guilt to the back of his mind – he could just enjoy today. Just one day.

 

 

He felt his legs grow tired fast as he pedaled for two, and they came to stop by the bridge.
“Let’s stop here,” he said breathily, kicking down the bike stand and taking a seat by the steps next to the river. He looked around, noticing that they had biked down to their neighborhood.

She looked at him with a teasing expression. “Someone needs to work out a little more,” she joked, poking his slim arm.

He jokingly growled. “Am I not strong enough for you?” He feigned a hurt look. “I thought I was perfect just the way I am.”

She laughed, and when she turned back to look at his face, she noticed his handsome features all over again: his smooth skin, his nicely side-swept hair… his dark eyes which were staring right back at her.
She felt her hands grow more and more clammy, her stomach squeezed into a knot; the feelings were too familiar – she had felt them around Jongdae when she had first developed her crush the past October.

Her smile faded as her eyes grew round in a mix of fear and shock.
When did Baekhyun replace Jongdae?

 

 

Kyungsoo munched on his burger while Sehun and Jongin blabbed away.

“Hyung, are you alright?” Sehun asked. “You haven’t said much this entire time…”

Jongin nodded. “Yeah… Did you do badly on your exams or something?”

 

Kyungsoo shook his head. “No, no. It’s nothing... I just don’t know what to say when, er, you guys are talking about first-year things.”

They raised an eyebrow. “… Hyung, we’re talking about whether girls look better in shorts or tight jeans… Do second

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter