하나

A Dead Man's Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

{ONE}

“His name is Park Chanyeol. He died on Tuesday in a car accident. He really, really liked you. So please, come.” Baekhyun begged.
He saw that his pleads were having no effect and he got onto his knees.

 

Joori’s eyes widened. “Are you crazy?! Get up!” She shouted. Everyone was staring now, whispering. She tried to pull him up.

“Please.” He said again, voice firm, without even a hint of embarrassment.

“O-Okay, I’ll go!" She gave in with a defeated sigh. "Jesus Christ, just get up and stop making a scene.”
This guy… He was begging on his knees for her to come to a stranger’s funeral. She thought he was absolutely out of his mind. That, or the dead person must have meant a lot to him.

 

“I don’t know where it is, so pick me up from here and take me. I’ll only stay for two hours tops, and you have to drive me back.” She handed him a scrap of paper with her address scribbled messily on it.

Baekhyun took it and muttered a thanks.
What had Chanyeol seen in this girl? She was rude, thoughtless, and apathetic.

 

 

But on Sunday, he drove to the address she had given him at 9AM sharp. It wasn’t out of his way, thankfully, because she happened to live very close by. He rang the doorbell and she came down five minutes later. She was dressed in a casual black dress. He was secretly relieved that she was polite enough to dress appropriately.

“I’m leaving by 11,” she said, getting in the car.
She knew she was being kind of rude, but she was in the car with someone she barely knew, going to the funeral of someone she had never even heard of. It was absolutely ridiculous and she didn’t really understand why Baekhyun was being so persistent.

“Thanks for coming,” Baekhyun said, securing his seatbelt. It was a good distance to the funeral and he didn’t want an awkward tension between them the entire way.

“Why? Did you think I’d back out?” She asked. “I keep my promises, you know.”

He thought she was offended and quickly responded, “N-No, I didn’t mean that I didn’t trust you… I was just thankful.” He shut up, not wanting offend her any further.

 

They drove the rest of the way in silence for the most part. She asked a few questions about how long it would take and where it was held, but other than that, it was quiet. He the radio so thankfully, it wasn’t too bad. He assumed that she was pretty comfortable around him because she would sing along to the songs she knew.

 

Joori quietly entered the funeral. There were a decent amount of people. She could hear some sniffling, and she recognized the mother right away as she was the only one sobbing on the floor. She recognized some people from school and a few of them waved hello timidly. There was no one she knew well. But she expected that… because why else would she have never seen the boy in the photo before?
She stared a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter