Secret Date 1

Reset

1:08 a.m.

While the others were taking their break-slash-nap-slash-sleep, Donghae went to see Heerin in the office, who happened to be checking on something in the Internet, sipping a cup of coffee.

He knocked, before going inside.

“What are you doing there?” he asked.

“I just had a chat with my siblings.” Heerin uttered as she turned the computer off. “Do you want anything?”

“Nothing…but how are they doing?” Donghae neared her, sitting on the couch. “I mean your family—you rarely talk about them since you came here.”

“I just feel lonely whenever I think about them.”

“I’m here, you can always share it with me,” he wrapped an arm around her.

She only sighed.

“I want to know about them…tell me more about your family.”

“Uhm, where do I start?” She browsed the photo gallery in her newly bought iPad and showed him some photos of her siblings. “This was taken in Jeju when we had our vacation in 2009, when I was still in my 3rd year degree in Management. My eldest brother, Jeongmin is an engineer in Japan while Chaegyung-unnie’s a nurse in London.”

“Wow, that’s awesome. They’re across the globe!”

“…that’s why I miss them very badly.”

Your siblings are good-looking.”

“Perhaps, it runs in the blood,” she replied casually, sticking her tongue out slightly, scratching the back of her head.

“You have good genes. What about umma and appa? I can’t wait to meet them in person.”

“Umma? Appa?” Heerin was surprised to hear him say those words.

“They are your parents, so they are also now my parents, right?” He said wittily, biting hi lower lip.

She pinched his nose. “They are in Busan now.”

“I thought they are working overseas?”

“Appa had managed his father’s pottery business in Japan, but since he’s getting older, he decided to go back to Busan with umma. My mother’s a professor, so she often has seminars around the country and overseas.”

“Busan’s just a train away. You can visit them anytime you want.”

“Since I studied in Seoul National University, I had few chances of visiting them in Busan.  I only managed to visit them once or twice before officially working here in the third quarter of 2011. Besides, I’m too preoccupied with work now that I don’t have enough time in my hands.”

 

When she noticed that Donghae had turned silent, Heerin stopped talking and faced him.

“Don’t pity me,” she slightly pouted. “It’s making me feel gloomy.”

“It’s not pity. I just find you amazing.”

“Really?” she smiled. “Hae-sshi, are you not done yet with the practice?”

“We’ll just continue later at 9am this day,” he sighed.

“Aish—it’s almost 2 o’clock in the morning. You should rest by now.”

“Where are Heeyeon and the others?”

 They already went ahead. They just bid goodbyes to the boys.”

“…why didn’t you go with them?”

“You know, I made excuses. Things like this and that…”

“You want to be with me, right?” he blurted.

“Well, you can say it that way,” she grinned.

“Then, let’s take a walk,” Donghae smiled as he grabbed her hand.

“Let me get my coat first.”

Heerin wore the knee-length gray coat over her black cotton long sleeves and denim skinny jeans. The two of them went to the dressing room; Donghae took off his white top and changed into his black long sleeves. He also wore a gray bonnet.

Seeing this, Heerin chuckled. “…So much for your liveshow. Wear a scarf, it is cold outside.” She wrapped a black knitted scarf around his neck, making his lips curved into a smile. “Won’t you also wear your specs? Someone might notice you. You’re such an eyecandy, you know,” she pouted.

He s his hands around her waist. “Are you jealous?”

“Enough, Lee Donghae,” she smiled, with her index finger playing with the bridge of his nose.

“Let’s go.”

“Mm,” she nodded.

 

As they went outside the building, Heerin was busy looking around.

Donghae grinned. “You’re too anxious. Keep calm and focus only on me.”

“Ha-ha. Where did you learn that?”

“It’s in the internet.”

“I see,” she giggled. “You’re a fast learner when it comes to SNS (social networking sites).”

“Of course, I’m a genius.”

They both laughed at his remarks. They stroll around the area, looking for a coffee house. While walking, Heerin’s phone rang several times.

It’s him again,” she muttered.

“Who? Why don’t you take that call? It seems urgent,” Donghae wondered, looking at her troubled face.

“Aniyo. Let’s just walk, eh?” she faked a smile as she turned off her phone.

“Alright.”

Not later, they finally found a coffee house about two blocks away from SME Building. Fortunately, there were few customers at that time. Heerin reserved a seat for them at the sides, near the glass wall while Donghae made the order.

“What do you want to have?” Donghae asked, mouthing at her.

“Americano,” Heerin replied.

“Great. Two Americano please,” he smiled as he ordered.

“Are you Donghae from Super Junior? Is she your girlfriend?” The lady cashier asked, straightforwardly.

Donghae only smiled.

“Whoa—I can’t believe this! She’s not a trainee, right?” was half-opened.

“Aniyo…” he shook his head slightly.

“Omo!” The lady cashier giggled with the sight of Donghae smiling.

“Shush,” he gestured, placing his index in front of his own mouth.

“Mian,” the lady bowed slightly. “Omo, she’s so lucky.”

“I’m blessed,” Donghae replied proudly.

The former lady heaved a very deep sigh of jealousy and took a glance at Heerin, who happened to be looking at their direction, clueless.

“Enjoy your drinks!” she uttered as she hand him their Americanos.

“Thanks.”

 

Donghae went directly to the table where Heerin is, still smiling.

“What happened? Did that lady say something?” she asked.

“I’ll tell you later, but for now, let’s drink up, hm?” he replied.

“Alright…”

“By the way, why do you like Americano? I noticed that you like bitter stuffs.”

“Uh-huh. Although sweets are delicious, I find bitter drinks great. It’s not like I’m a bitter person.” she explained, sipping her Americano. “I’ve learned to drink in college…it was my other friends’ influence. As what you had observed, I’m quite good at drinking tequila and soju, right?”

“Definitely; you’re even better than me. I have low alcohol tolerance. Lately, I’ve been trying to work on it.”

“…that’s not a bad thing though,” Heerin stopped for a moment from sipping. “I like guys who are not drunkards…just occasional drinkers.”

“Well, you’re also not bad. You only drink when you’re utterly disappointed. But you should take care of yourself.”

Heerin gazed at his face for a moment, and smiled. “You know me quite well…just like an old friend.”

“…Right now, I’m your man more than anything else.”

“Exactly, you are the man that I love…”

With all that’s being said, the two created such a lovely and vibrant atmosphere which filled the whole café. Few customers had their eyes glued on them including the baristas and the lady cashier who are on their places, silently watching.

 

After finishing their coffees, they stroll once more and went to a nearby park. They sat on the bench and reminisced on the night that they shared in the backyard of the girls’ house. Heerin was seated to the right of Donghae.

 

“Time flies so fast. It’s been a year since the day that I met you…”

“Heerin, let me ask you one thing.”

“What is it?”

“If it didn’t become us, would you be together with Kibum?”

“Are you still jealous over him?” she turned to face him.

“I mean, what if. I’m fully aware that your heart is mine now,” he blurted confidently.

“Tsk. Kibum’s good-looking; he raps well and acts well. He also has a deep voice. He’s kind and caring.  In short, I like him. Maybe he’ll have a chance.”

“So you like deep voice, huh?” Donghae replied, trying to deepen his voice, making Heerin chuckle. “I can sing, dance, rap and act, too!” he added, pouting childishly.

“Ha-ha. Why are you trying to make your voice sound deeper?”She held his face, making him face her. “Your voice is y…it’s not too pitchy or heavy…it’s just perfect. I love it when I hear your voice over the phone. It makes me want to listen for more.”

Donghae sighed, and then pouted. “…Only over the phone?”

“Hae,” she pinched his nose. “I love having a conversation with you, not only because of your voice; not only because you’re undoubtedly handsome…but because it’s you.”

He wrapped an arm around her, leaning on her shoulder after. “Your words are music to my ears.”

“Sleepy?”

“Mm,” he murmured. “Can I sleep at your place?”

“…At my pIace? It’s alright for me but will your manager permit?”

“Don’t worry, he’s considerate.”

“What about the other members? They might as well stay over.”

“They’d better stay in dorms, so that I can be alone with you.”

“My goodness…You just want to be alone with me.”

“Don’t you feel the same?”

“You already know my answer,” she answered playfully. “Let’s go back. It’s very late.”

 

After taking some pictures together, they stood up and walked away from the park. As they were traversing the marbled path at the side of the street, the back of their hands kept on brushing and bumping against each other. They immediately looked at each other, smiling.

 

Donghae slowly slipped his hand with her hand, interlacing his fingers with hers; holding them close to his chest, while staring at her.

“You look good with that specs on,” she complimented, taking a candid and stolen photo of him.

“Let’s take a picture,” he suggested.

 

Donghae took a photo of Heerin posing like a real model, with her standing by the streetlight pole, swaying around and leaning to it.

 

“You’re a pro!”

“I forgot to tell you, I did a part-time modeling in my college days for support. Aside from my Management degree, I also had my diploma in Music. Currently, I’m planning to have a crash course in Journalism.”

“…you really love schooling.” He was awed, his eyes fixed on her. “By the way, what sort of magazines?” he asked curiously.

“…School fashion and teenage trendy stuffs.”

“That’s great. I wish we could be together for a clothing brand or any ads.”

She got her iPad and took pictures. “It’s your turn now.”

 

As expected, Donghae made professional and cool poses, playfully looking at her. He stood and leaned against the pole—looking up and looking at the camera spontaneously. He did his signature, lip-biting pose making her grin.

“That’s good,” Heerin praised, nearing him. “At any angles, you’re utterly handsome.”

Out of the blue, Donghae grabbed Heerin by the waist, bringing her body close to him. fell half-opened by his sudden gesture.

What’s going on?”

“Stay still,” he muttered seriously.

 

Clueless as she was, she stood still. Donghae tried hard, not to show his anxiousness. He saw a well-known paparazzi driving near the area they’re currently in. He did not want any scandalous photos of them published, especially when they are only starting.

 

Suddenly, Heerin embraced him tightly, making him forget about his worries at that moment. Her embrace was so warm that he felt relieved. He responded, hugging her tighter, burying his head on her right shoulder.

 

“Gwaenchana?” she asked in a soft voice.

He only sighed. “I was scared for a moment.”

“I think we have to go back.”

“I’ll text manager hyung about me sleeping over at your place.”

Seeing his worried expression, she only nodded.

 

Soon after, they walked back to SME building and prepared their things before going home. Some of the members already went back to their dorms, except for Kangin, Shindong and Eunhyuk.  Donghae approached one of their managers and asked permission.

“Where are you staying?” Junghoon asked.

“At Ms. Han’s place, hyung,” Donghae replied.

The manager was shocked for a moment, “W-What are you doing there?”

“Just sleeping… there are things that I want to discuss with them.”

“With them or with her?” the former grinned.

“Hyung—” Donghae uttered, trying not to smile.

“Perhaps, you can tag the other members along with you. You sound suspicious…You’re so strange.”

“It would only attract attention if there are four of us in their place.”

“You’re persistent. Alright, I’ll tell them that you will stay out with a friend.”

“Kamsahae hyung!”

Junghoon just patted Donghae on his back and left. The latter went to Heerin. Meanwhile, Junghoon talked to the remaining boys.

“…A friend?” Kangin asked.

“Who?” Eunhyuk added.

“Aish…whatever,” Shindong scrunched his nose.

“Let’s just take a rest, okay?” Junghoon led the boys towards the dressing room.

***************

“Have you gotten all of your things?” Donghae asked, buckling up Heerin’s seat belt first, before attending to his.

“…Yeah,” she smiled. “What did they say?”

“Junghoon-hyung helped me in making excuses. They’ll head home soon.”

“I see. Here, have some water.”

Heerin opened the cap of the bottled water and offered it to Donghae.

“Thanks,” he said, smiling. “What time is it right now?”

“2:50 am. I didn’t realize it has gotten this late.”

“Time seems so short when we’re together. It’s not even enough.”

Without saying anything, she just nodded, regretful.

 

Not too long after, Donghae worked on reversing and moving the car out of the parking lot. Since the highway is free, the trip was smooth and fast. After 15 minutes, they already arrived at the girls’ place. Only the outdoor light was left on in the house. Heerin opened the gate, while Donghae parked the car in the garage.

“They must be asleep,” Donghae blurted.

“It’s not waking hours anymore,” Heerin answered as a matter-of-factly. “Let’s get inside. It’s quite cold here outside.”

Both of them went inside. Heerin reboil the water in the heater, while toasting some bread, simultaneously. Several minutes after, she placed the toasted breads on the breakfast bar and prepared some milk.

“I know that you’re very tired. Have some and then, you can go upstairs and wash. This’ll help you relax.”

“Komawo,” He took a sip of hot milk and ate two slices of toasted bread.

On the other hand, Heerin went to the guest room near the living room and prepared the bed and some toiletries, including a newly opened white bath towel. When she was done, she headed back into the kitchen and washed the dishes.

“Let me help you,” said he.

“I’m almost done. Just help me place these back to their respective cabinets and containers.”

“Arasseo.”

“Is it okay for you to sleep in one of the guest rooms?” she looked up, to face him.

“Sure.”

“We’re done here. Let’s take a bath,” she uttered suddenly, confusing him.

“Bath…together?” He bit his lower lip.

“Aniyo, what I mean is that we’ll wash separately. It’s not like we’re a married couple to do things like that—”

“… I can’t wait for that time to come,” he spoke, almost unconsciously.

Heerin’s face was heating up, while Donghae’s ears were burning red.

“Aish, I guess summer’s really not over yet,” Donghae fanned himself, with his face and his neck already turning red.

“Let’s just go to our respective rooms for now,” Heerin avoided his eyes, gulping nervously.

 

Even though the two of them are taking their separate shower, they keep on recalling each other’s words.

Why did he say those words?” Heerin shook her head, covering her face.

Donghae, on the other hand was trying to clear his mind with his head low, his eyes closed, his hands leaning and pushing against the wall just below the shower.

Control, Lee Donghae, control,” he hissed under his breath. “You mustn’t think about those things.”

After few minutes of contemplating under the hot shower, both of them went out of their bathrooms. Heerin was in her white bathrobe, thoroughly drying her hair with a towel. She used the hair dryer afterwards. She changed into her violet cotton long-sleeves and black fitted leggings. When she was done combing her hair, she got a liniment from the dresser drawer and went downstairs.

She stopped in front of his room and knocked. The door opened and revealed Donghae wiping his wet, messy hair, still half-, with a towel hanging around his waist.

“I’ve got some liniment for you. I thought your back must have hurt from practicing,” she lowered her head, reaching out to offer the liniment.

All of a sudden, he grabbed her inside the room, closing the door afterwards. He stared at her for awhile, and smiled.

“Did I surprise you?” Donghae fixed her hair, behind her ears.

“…Y-Yes,” Heerin stuttered. She placed the liniment on the dresser and got the towel from his shoulder. She started drying his hair thoroughly. Donghae stood still, looking at her.

“You’re melting me.”

“Will you give me a back massage?” he spoke, softly.

She stopped drying his hair and faced him. “I was planning to ask you that...” she grinned. “But please wear some pants at least.”

He took some spare jogging pants from his bag and went back to the bathroom to change.

While waiting, Heerin sat on the left edge near the foot of the bed. She was busy examining the room when Donghae went out.

“Sorry about earlier,” he said, sitting beside her.

“What do you mean?”

“You know…about taking a bath together,” he scratched the back of his head, embarrassed.

“Ah—stop mentioning it. It gives me goosebumps.” Heerin got on the bed, kneeling. “Come here; lie flat on your stomach.”

Donghae did as he was told. Heerin started to pour some liniment on her palm, rubbing her palms together, afterward. Sitting on her feet in a knelt position beside him, she started massaging the base of his neck, down to his shoulders, all the way to his lumbar area.

“Your back muscles have become stiff,” she said, applying gentle pressure. “I must say, you’re back is quite a view.”

He smiled. “You’re good,” he muttered under his breath.

“Do you want it hard or soft, Sir?” she giggled.

Her remarks made Donghae's face reddened, which spread to his neck and upper back.

“Donghae-ah, you're flushing!” Heerin stopped for a moment. “I thought you got allergies.”

It just felt different,” he answered, his head slightly sideways, on the pillow. “...I guess my hormones are just working right now. Don't mind me.”

Heerin gulped down, coughing to clear . “…So much for that hormonal talk.” She chuckled slightly, looking at his flushed back. “You're body's response is way too obvious.”

Donghae gave a short awkward laugh, biting his lower lip out of embarassment. “Ah, eotteokhaji?”

Smiling, Heerin continued to massage his back. She was almost finishing when Donghae suddenly turned to face her, sitting bolt upright after.

“What is i--”

Out of the blue, Donghae embraced Heerin, drawing her body closer to his as he buried his head on her shoulder.

“...I want to keep you in my arms,” he whispered.

“Donghae-ah...” She muttered, patting his back gently, with her right hand. “...and so do I.”

He loosened his embrace, gazing at her face. With no other words said, they just look into each other's eyes. Heerin kissed him on the corner of his lips, making his heart waiver for a second. He slowly balled his fists to control himself.

When she withdrew, she realized that he was trying to hold back. She held his hands, relieving the stiffness of his body.

“You should take a rest. It'll be another tiring day for you,” she whispered.

He held her hands back. “Komawo.”

She nodded, reassuringly. He helped her in standing up and walked with her towards the doorstep.

“Babe, good night,” she whispered.

“Sweet dreams, babe,” he muttered, regretting to part with her.

She bit her lip, scratching the back of her head. “...eh, I should go.”

He nodded. He watched her walking away from his room. When she was nowhere to be seen, he went inside his room, turned off the main light, leaving the lampshade on. They both fell asleep a few minutes later, in their own rooms.

Later in the morning, JaeEun woke up first. She cooked rice and fried some eggs and meat. Heerin who also woke up, went to the guest room to check Donghae. He had just finished changing after taking the shower, when she knocked.

“How's your sleep?”

“Great,” he smiled.

“Jae-unnie woke up. She's in the kitchen right now. I think you should eat breakfast first.”

“But she'll wonder why I am here. I'll just go.”

She sighed, “Just eat first, please?” She tugged onto his shirt, her eyes pleading. “She'll understand.”

“Alright,” he sighed.

JaeEun was surprised when they went to the dining room. She eyed Heerin, and then Donghae.

“I stayed for the night,” he uttered.

“It's fine. I hope you took Hyukjae with you,” JaeEun said, not bothering to ask other questions.

“Ah, he went home instead. I'll tell him when I go back to the dorm,” he stammered.

“Where are Seullie and HeeYeon-unnie?”

“They're still asleep. Let's just take our breakfast first.”

“Ne,” Heerin and Donghae chorused.

“Now, that's something.” JaeEun grinned.

 

------------------------

“Hyung, wake up,” Ryeowook shook Leeteuk who happened to be sleeping.

“Ara...arasseo,” Leeteuk obediently sat up, rubbing his eyes.

 

On the other hand, in the other dorm....

“Shindong-hyung, wake up,” Eunhyuk who was half-asleep and half-awake, shook Shindong's arm.

“Aish...5 minutes,” the latter mumbled.

“It’s time for practice.”

With this, Shindong threw his body up and started to prepare.

 

The routine schedule of activities happened in SME. As planned, Heerin worked on her online application in SNU. The dance practice of the boys went on, as well as the work of the girls. During breaks, the members would talk to the girls, and vice versa.

 

“Here, wipe your sweat,” Raseul offered a handkerchief to Leeteuk.

“Thanks Seul.”

“You must be very tired. Rest your voice once in awhile,” Heeyeon said concernedly, looking at Yesung.

“I do feel tired, but seeing you makes me feel great.”

 

Jaeeun on the other hand, massaged Eunhyuk’s shoulders.

“Whoa—joha (it’s good).”Eunhyuk was smiling ear to ear.

“My goodness!” the other members whined.

“It gives me goosebumps,” Sungmin scrunched his nose cutely.

“Same here,” Kyuhyun added.

 

Awkwardness crept between Heerin and Donghae who are sitting across each other on the floor in the dancing room. They were merely stealing glances to one another.

 

“Donghae-ah,” Kangin called out.

“Ne, hyung,” he stuttered, surprised.

“Here, take this,” the former handed him a lunch box prepared by the coordi noonas.

“Ah ye, komawo.”

“Rinnie, say something. You are so silent. Is something bothering you?” Jaeeun sat near her, to Heerin’s right.

“Nothing,” she denied.