Back in Seoul

Reset

 

It was still dark outside, when Heerin woke up. She slowly got up, rubbed her eyes and stretched her arms. When she checked the time, it's 3:20AM. As she turned to her side, she looked at Donghae, who was sleeping soundly .

"I can't believe, you fell in love with me," she thought, caressing his hair, then brushing the back of her hand with his face.

When she was to withdraw, Donghae held her hand.

"Babe, what's the matter? It's still early..." he uttered, still in a dreamy state.

"Just sleep, eh?" Heerin chuckled.

"Let's sleep~" Donghae sat up, pouting.

"My insomnia's making it hard for me to go back to sleep. I feel excited for we will be back in Seoul, but I'm also uneasy because we'll leave this place later."

"Shall we go outside?"

"To where?"

"...the sea. Let's ride my bike."

"Really?"

"Yeah-- You love the sea, as much as you love me right?"

"Ne," she answered cutely.

 

Donghae got up and took two jackets from his closet. He gave the other one to Heerin.

"Thanks."

She helped him zip his jacket, making him curve his lips.

"Komawo," said Donghae, still smiling.

"No, I should thank you," Heerin responded.

“Kaja~”

He held her hand as they walked out of the room. They fixed their hoods over their heads and proceeded to the garage. Donghae got his bicycle and brought it outside. He positioned the bike and signaled Heerin to come over.

“You can sit here,” he offered, pointing to the area between the bike’s hand control and seat.

“Aniyo, I’ll stay on the back seat,” she insisted.

“Why?”

“Just because,” she grinned. He just nodded and not long after, they left for the sea.

As they were passing several houses in the village, Heerin rested her head on Donghae’s back, closing her eyes.

Already sleepy?” he asked.

“Not really…I just want to feel your back,” she answered.

He chuckled. “My back’s rental fee’s quite expensive. You’ve got to pay me~”

“Aye~” she pouted. “I’ll pay—how much is it?”

Donghae cannot help but smile widely with his girl’s question.

“I don’t need money.”

“…then how will I pay you?”

“I’ll tell you when we get back to our house.”

“Fine.”


A few more minutes passed, when they finally reached the sea. The moon’s reflection was painted on the dark blue waters; the waves were splashing across the shoreline and the leaves of the trees were swaying along the singing of the wind.

“Whoa~ it’s refreshing,” Heerin blurted. “I’ll miss the fresh air and wonderful places, especially the sea. I’ll miss everything about Meokpo!”

Heerin closed her eyes as the wind blows against her fair face. Her hair was swaying gracefully as she lowered her hood. Not from afar, Donghae snapped a picture of her on his iPhone. He slowly neared her, wrapping his arms around her.

Don’t worry babe. Sooner or later, you’ll be back here… I’ll take you with me.”

Donghae whispered in her ear, gaining a smile from her. She slowly turned around to face him.

“I don’t know what to do with you anymore…You got me speechless.” Heerin arched her lips, her heart thumping with so much happiness.

Donghae stared at her, lovingly. “Kiss me.”

Without second thoughts, Heerin flung her arms around his neck, leaning in closer and closer…She gazed through his eyes for a moment before finally, sealing it off with a kiss. The two of them went home after taking some shots of the sea and themselves.

When they reached home, Donghae remembered about their deal.

“Babe, about your payment…”

“What is it? I thought that kiss was my payment.” She uttered pouting.

“I won’t ask for more. Your kiss was more than enough…let’s sleep, okay?”

“As you wish~”

They entered his room and lie on his bed. He interlaced his fingers with her, while they were on their backs.

“Babe, can we keep this relationship a secret?” Heerin asked in soft voice. “I know it’s hard for you, but I want us to be private as possible.”

Donghae faced her. “…I understand. As much as I want others to acknowledge us, but I respect you. Does it have something to do with Eunho?”

“…Maybe. My colleagues didn’t know about our break-up, only the three girls. It’s not that I want to protect my image alone, but also, I want to protect my image as your girlfriend…I want to protect you. I don’t want you to be criticized just because of me.”

He suddenly kissed her forehead.

“Wae?”

“We’ve only started, yet you’re already considering my situation… Thank you, Rin,” he muttered. “As long as you’re with me, I’ll have the strength to do everything.”

“…Hae…saranghae.”

Nado, saranghae.”

 

The sun rises. The birds fill the atmosphere with their joyful song. Everyone is getting ready to end their short yet happy encounter of the place.

“Auntie, we really enjoyed here. I hope, we’re always welcome here,” Leeteuk spoke first.

“Of course, you’re my son’s dearest friends and members,” Mrs. Lee held the latter’s shoulder. “I’m glad that you had paid us a short visit.”

“Thank you, auntie,” the other members chorused.

“Have a safe trip ahead,” Donghwa and his wife waved their hands.

“Kamsahamnida unnie and oppa~” the four girls bowed briefly.

As the others were going inside the cars and vans, Heerin stayed for a moment with Donghae.

“Heerin-yang, please take care of your body, eh? Eat a lot and have a rest,” Mrs. Lee brushed the latter’s hair with her hand. “I’m so happy that you’re Donghae’s girlfriend.”

“Ne. I’m so grateful to you, umma. Please watch your health, too. I hope to see you next time,” Heerin said softly, holding Mrs. Lee’s hands. “Jolsimhada.”

“Ye. Komapda, Heerin. I’ll gladly welcome you here, next time.”

“Ah ye. Kamsahamnida,” she bowed lowly.

“Donghae, take care of her. She’s one of a kind. All the best for the both of you,” Donghwa tapped his dongsaeng’s shoulder.

“He’s right. I hope that the two of you will make it to the church someday,” Donghwa’s wife blurted, smiling.

“Komawo, noona,” Donghae bowed quickly. “I hope that’ll happen.”

“Kamsahae unnie, oppa.”

“Take care,eh? Annyeong.”

“Annyeong~” the two wave at them brightly. They got inside the van, and seated at the back.

“It took you for awhile there,” JaeEun started.

“Just bidding goodbyes,” Heerin replied.

“Yah Donghae~ did you sleep with her last night?” Eunhyuk questioned, suspiciously. “I heard, she only went back to their room when it was shower time.”

“Hmm. That’s right,” RaSeul seconded. “Unnie, what did you do last night?”

“She went to see the sea,” Donghae responded.

“With you?” JaeEun asked.

“”What’s wrong with that?” Heerin defended. “I wasn’t an expert with the place, so I had him as my tour guide.”

“Whatever,” they chorused.

In the middle of their trip, almost everyone fell asleep. Donghae and Heerin were still wide awake, taking some pictures. When Heerin noticed that Donghae had started yawning, she held his hand, making him surprised.

“You can sleep here, if you want,” she muttered, tapping her shoulder.

“Can I?” he whispered. She only nodded. He immediately rested his head on her shoulder, while she also did the same thing to him. They both fell asleep.