Shattered

Reset

It’s 4:00 am, when Donghae woke up without her beside him. He walked to the balcony and found her there, thinking and breathing deeply.

 

“So you’re up this early?” He stood beside her, lowering his head. “I thought you already left.”

“What made you think I’ll leave you?” she tilted her head, looking at him. “Besides, I’m not yet ready to face him.”

“By the way, when did you manage to change?”

 

“I sneaked in our room and immediately changed my clothes. Don’t worry, I’ve send your clothes to the laundry. It’ll be given shortly."

 

She pinned her eyes back on the sea.

“It’s refreshing breathing the morning sea breeze~”

“Let’s walk around the beach.” Donghae grabbed her hand, as they exited his room.

 

****************************************************

Heerin kept blushing while walking, with his hand still holding hers. They let the wave splash through their feet when she suddenly squealed.

 

“Whoa~ it’s cold…” she shivered, squatting down as she rubbed her palms together.

“Well, that’s because you’re wearing a strapless summer dress~” Donghae chuckled, watching her.   “You’re cute~”

“Ah, you’re not helping oppa!”

 

To her surprise, Donghae made her stood up, bringing her body close to his.

“This will keep you warm,” he rested his head on her shoulder, while wrapping his arms around her.

 

Heerin smiled at his act, while returning the favor.

“Your touch is so warm…UNLIKE HIS.”

 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“36…37…38…39…”

“Yeonnie, can’t sleep?” Yesung turned to face her. “YOU’VE BEEN COUNTING SHEEPS SINCE THEN.”

“Sorry, Jongwoon-oppa. I’m just thinking about my little sister.” HeeYeon giggled to her boyfriend’s reaction.

“Oh, Heerin-sshi,” he embraced her, tightly. “If she’s with Donghae, nothing will happen. HE CARES FOR HER THAT MUCH.”

“Maybe as a dongsaeng? Or friend perhaps?” HeeYeon asked.

“More than that…I and the others can assure you. Donghae has been so lovesick from that moment he knew about Eunho and Rin-ah.”

“SO WE’RE RIGHT! Then why didn’t he confess yet?” HeeYeon suddenly felt fired up. “If he only did, they are happy now.”

“How can you say that? Didn’t she love him?

“Ugh. Yeah right. I forgot.” She said, annoyed. “But IF THAT FLIRTATIOUS LIAR evaporates from this world…or if he ceased to exist…she could have accepted Kibum’s love that time.”

“I see. Kibum…he had grown mature enough to express his feelings, unlike his Fish-hyung.”

“Kibum’s not that bad for her…but then again, I prefer Donghae.”

“Favoritism, huh? Sweetie, let’s mind our own business here,” Yesung smirked.

“Silly~” she poked his nose slightly and kissed him to sleep.

 

 

***********************************************************

 

“Eunhyuk, do it slower…”

“What?!” Leeteuk and RaSeul almost squeak after eavesdropping.

“Yes JaeEunnie…” said Eunhyuk in a sweet manner.

“Oppa, let’s go back to our room. I can’t stand listening to this ‘loveness’ anymore!” RaSeul tugged his arms repeatedly.

“YOU’RE GREAT~” JaeEun uttered inside the said room.

“I wonder what they’re doing,” Leeteuk grinned, naughtily.

 

But carelessly, the two pushed the door which happened to be unlocked.

 

‘WE’RE SORRY. WE’RE REALLY SORRY” the two sincerely apologized, covering their eyes with their hands.

“WHY ARE YOU COVERING YOUR EYES?” Eunhyuk, who was startled with the unexpected guests, stood up. “You’re eavesdropping, right?” He grinned with his gummy smile.

“We didn’t mean it. Sorry for interrupting YOUR SESSION!” RaSeul who was still covering her eyes, bowed apolegitically.

“YAH MOON RASEUL! WHAT SESSION ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!” the shocked JaeEun sat bolt upright.

“Weren’t you…” the ‘eavesdropper couple’ slowly opened their eyes, finding out that Eunhyuk was just massaging JaeEun’s sprained ankle.

“Ah! Unnie you almost killed me!” RaSeul sighed of relief. “Why didn’t tell us you got sprained?”

“Well, that was because I never realized that I twisted my leg while we were busy dancing in that ‘Music Room’…not until the pain striked now.” JaeEun stated as-a-matter-of-factly.

“Leeteuk-hyung, it was your idea to be here, eh?”

“Aish Eunhyuk-ah. We’re too bored in our room…that’s why we’re here,” Leeteuk smiled sheepishly. “I THOUGHT WE’LL BE SEEING YOU …”

“YAH!”

 

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

 

Heerin and Donghae went to resort resto to warm and feed their selves.

 

“Rin-ah, just wait for our orders, okay? I’ll just go to the restroom. It’s REALLY CHILLY OUTSIDE.”

 

Donghae winked at her, while she smiled to herself.

He’s too cute to handle,” she thought. “…how I wish HE WAS MINE.”

 

Instead of eating, Heerin ordered Soju and gulped down a bottle straightly.

 

When he came back, Donghae was taken abacked at the sight of 3 empty bottles of Soju scattered on top of the table, with their food untouched.

“Heerin!” he ran to her and snatched a bottle from her hand. “HAVE YOU GONE MAD?!”

 

He shook her shoulders with a mixed of angry and worried look.

 

“Y-YEAH! I’M SO MAD!” she spoke in a tone of a drunken person. “I’m so…so mad~!” Heerin suddenly sob. “Leave me.”

“I-I’m sorry…but didn’t we discuss this already?” His voice is calmer than before. Seeing the few people eyeing and talking about them, Donghae automatically knelt in front of her and wiped her tears.

“…Shush. It’s alright. Forget about it, aratji?” Donghae held her chin up and and touched her right hand with his left hand. “BABY don’t cry~"

 

Uhm…Wait…Oh my God! What have I done? This is awkward~” Heerin thought as she was coming to her senses.”What happened to my alcohol tolerance?!”

 

“Shucks~ Is that Donghae? Lee Donghae?” said a girl in white, who was seated two tables away from them.

“You’re right! And is that his girl?” added the other girl in floral dress. “I only knew about Leeteuk’s, Yesung’s and Eunhyuk’s.”

“So do I…but gosh, he’s so sweet!” she said, giggling. “I wonder how it feels to have a celebrity lover.”

“Well, she’s lucky, but I do think she’s pretty~”

“I agree. Maybe they are in a LOVE QUARREL now. Ahh~will he kiss her?”

“Aigoo…here you go again with your assumptions. This is a public place. I doubt if they will ‘show-off’ here.” The third girl blurted.

 

The waiter removed those bottles away and Donghae seated right next to Heerin. He sliced the fish meat for her and fed her.

 

“This is good for you. Come on eat this. AH~”

“I feel so special,” she finally blurted out after a long moment of silence. “It’s more than having a VIP Treatment.”

“Yeah, and you’re one extra-special person.”

 

 Minutes after, the other members of the group appeared with the 3 girls.

 

“What happened to our friend?” JaeEun asked, checking Heerin’s temperature. “Did something happen between the two of you, Donghae?”

“Huh?” Heerin and Donghae uttered at once.

“SEEMS LIKE IT,” Raseul giggled.

That’s not a joke,” Kibum mumbled to his self.

 

All the happy momentum was ruined when Eunho joined the table. His and Heerin’s eyes made contact for a moment when he sat across her, but then she looked away.

 

Kibum and Donghae started to feel uncomfortable. HeeYeon, Raseul and JaeEun sent meaningful stares to each other, reading the whole situation.

 

“Uhm, so let’s eat first. It is 6:30…we got a lot of things to do, right?” Leeteuk made the first move, trying to divert the attention. “Everyone eat~”

“Ye~” all of them except that FOUR fakedly answered.

“Rin-sshi, try this,” Kibum smiled, offering her a sliced roasted squid.

“Uh~thanks.”

“Babe…” said Eunho. “…why haven’t you slept with me? You were not answering my calls.”

 

Heerin glared at him, clenching her fist to stop her tears from forming.

 

“T-That’s because…”

“BECAUSE I ASK HER TO SLEEP WITH ME~” Donghae immediately answered, seeing her stutter.

 

Due to his confession, everyone’s attention was thrown at them.

 

“WHY DID YOU ASK HER?” Eunho’s voice rose higher.

“JUST BECAUSE,” Donghae answered flatly.

“Babe, is that true?”

“This isn’t the right place for this Eunho.” Heerin avoided his eyes, pulling her hand away from his touch.

“Tell me~”

“Guys, please calm down,” Kangin tried to control the situation.

 

“…YES!”

“What?” the others asked in unison.

“Yes, I slept with him but please Eunho, stop now. I’m not in the mood to argue with things here.”

“You heard her,” Kibum added with his eyes glaring.

“Babe, let’s talk~” Eunho stood up, grabbing her by the wrist.

“Yah!  Let go of me!”

“If you may excuse us~” he said, anger showing in his voice.

“Tsk. He has the guts to be angry with her sleeping with another guy?” HeeYeon crossed her arms, gritting her teeth.

“See? HE’S A POSSESSIVE FLIRT!” JaeEun blurted out, while Eunhyuk tried to calm her.

“Donghae, maybe it is now time to tell us what exacty happened, right?” RaSeul sighed.

 

He hesitated for a while but then he started the story. “You’re right. Last night, Heerin knew about it. He knew about Eunho’s other relationship."

 

“How?” they all chorused.

“If you remembered it, she was out for awhile to fetch him, right? When I followed her, she was already crying in front of their room’s door. When I went to peek there, I found Eunho and that ex-worker Haneul making out. THAT is with him and she even works here.”

“So that’s why she resigned?” RaSeul bit her lip. “I wonder how unnie is feeling.”

“She should have listened to us. Maybe this won’t happen,” JaeEun sighed.

 

Hearing all of those, Kibum balled his fist and stood up.

 

“He’s a player! He does not deserve her! I should’ve insisted on warning her.”

“Where are you going?” Heechul asked nervously for the first time.

“Getting rid of HIM!”

“Hajima,” Hankyung and Siwon uttered at once. “That won’t do any good.”

Leeteuk nodded and spoke, “They’re right. They have to fix it themselves.”

“But hyung~ If only you have seen her cried, you can’t let it be just like that.”

 

 Donghae became teary-eyed. Startled, the others turned silent.

 

“I’m going,” he managed to say.

“Hyung, I’ll go with you,” Kibum said, walking away with him.

“It’s a pity.” HeeYeon’s face saddened. “Those guys are way better than Eunho.”

 

 **************************************************

 

Eunho dragged her back to their hotel room. Emotions were overpowering inside.

 

“Now, what do you want from me?” Heerin shoved his hand away. “I’m so tired of you.”

“Why did you do it? Why did you spend the night with him? Do you really want him that bad? Is he better than me?” Eunho bursted out, pinning her against the wall. He started kissing her roughly, however he stopped when she continued crying.

“W-What?” she uttered in disbelief, trembling. “Am I really that LOW to you? Ha~ I didn’t know you thought of me that way, Eunho-sshi. AND AM I THE ONE TO BLAME NOW? Besides, Donghae isn’t the kind of guy you’re thinking. Yes, I slept with him but he never took advantage of my weakness.”

“It’s our day yesterday and yet you failed to be with me.” He grasped her hands even tighter.

“Yes, it was our day…our anniversary to be exact…but where were you? You’re there spending your romantic night with Haneul! Why didn’t you tell me about her? That she was your former love~ that you never did break up with her? All this time, I was fooled. I’ve been blinded.”

“How did you---”

“How did I find out? I came here last night to fetch you and invite you to our little get-together in the Music Room. It’s disgusting seeing you making love with her! It hurts my pride being your girlfriend. I’m your girlfriend, Eunho~ do you even remember this?”

“I’m sorry. I was going to tell you but---” He wanted to explain but she cut him off.

“STOP. Don’t speak~ I’ve had enough. There’s no point of lying in front of me. I heard it all. You don’t have to deny it. But you know what hurts me the most? It’s when I found out that you have a baby with her. She’s pregnant! How could you deny that fact?! Why did you let me believe that you love me? Do you really plan of telling me the truth? You’ve been playing with my heart.  Am I just a toy for you? I feel like I’m just your pastime. Is my love not enough? Now tell me, AM I NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU?”

 

Heerin’s tears poured down. Guilt struck Eunho as he let go of her.


Donghae clenched his fist harder as he listened from the slightly opened door.

“Pregnant? He made that pregnant?!”

 

********************************************

“I’m really sorry, babe. I know I lied. But I really love you. I’m afraid of losing you the moment you knew about Haneul, that’s why I kept it as a secret from you. Babe, please forgive me~ I can’t let you go.”

 

He tried hard to convince her, hugging her tightly.

 

“Please Eunho…I’m begging you. I can’t take this anymore. I trusted you. I never thought you would lose my love this way. I should have listened to my friends in the first place; maybe I won’t feel this pain.”

“Rin…I love you~”

“No…please stop saying that. You don’t love me; you only needed me to cover and fill that empty space of longing in you. The one you love is Haneul…After all; she’s been with you even when we had our relationship. Be happy, she’ll be giving birth to your future child.”

 

Although loneliness in her eyes, Heerin forced a smile at him, but in the end, her eyes betrayed her.

“Even if my heart is shattered, I’ll always treasure those happy times I’ve got to spend in this short time with you. I’ll never forget you~ I loved you Eunho but…Let’s keep it this way. Let’s just end it here~”

 

As she began to walk away, Eunho slowly pulled her over for a last kiss.

 “I swear I regret hurting you, Rin-ah. I’m sorry, I love you~”

 

Heerin bit her lips as she turned away, letting her last tears for him, fall. When she reached outside, Donghae and Kibum came into her sight.

 

“W-Why are you here?” her cracked voice asked.

“Why didn’t you tell me about last night?” Kibum cupped her face, holding her arm. “Starting today, you can’t hide any secrets from me, okay?”

 

She miserably wept in his arms. “It’s over~”

“Stay strong.”

 

Donghae’s tears rolled down from the corner of his eye as he watched them.

Why does this hurt?”

 

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

 

“Hey Heerin-sshi, don’t cry. Your eyes are swollen~” Heechul neared her face, holding onto her shoulders. “This is ain’t the HEE girl I knew.”

“Ne. Komawo oppa,” She smiled at him, making him surprised.

“YAH~ you’re red as tomato, Chul-ah,” Kangin teased, thus making him receive a death-glare from Heechul.

“Alright everyone, let’s do island hopping,” Leeteuk suggested.

“Good idea,” Raseul commented. “Come on, unnies!”

“NE!” HeeYeon and JaeEun said in full enthusiasm.

“What about you Rin-ah?” Donghae asked worriedly. “…You don’t look good.”

“Don’t worry. I’m okay,” said she, reassuringly. “It’s you who doesn’t look fine. Hae-sshi, are you sick?”

 

Immediately, Heerin placed the back of her palm on his forehead.

 

“Good, nothing’s wrong~” she expressed brightly.

“I told you…” he replied. “…it’s my heart that’s sick.”

He concealed the last part to his self.

 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Whoa~ the weather seems so fine,” Raseul squealed.

“Yeah,” Kyuhyun, Ryeowook and Sungmin nodded.

“HEECHUL-AH, Rinnie would melt after your long hours of staring at her,” Siwon chuckled.

“Huh? Aiyah!” Heechul slapped Siwon’s arm. “W-What…what are you talking about? Haha…you’re funny.”

“Jeez. Stop staring at MY GIRL,” Kibum grinned cutely, putting an arm on Heerin’s shoulder.

“Girl? Your girl? Since when?” Kangin blurted.

“I’m not telling.”

 

While everyone especially Kibum is laughing playfully, Heerin’s face flushed pink, not because of him…but because she recalled what Donghae said in the restaurant.

 

*BABY, don’t cry…argh…it’s playing in my head all over again*

 

She stared at Donghae, who happened to be enjoying the sea.

 

“Enjoying the view?” Yesung popped up all of a sudden, with HeeYeon resting her head on his shoulder.

“Ah? Aish. Aniyo,” she shrugged and shook her head.

“Don’t be shy dongsaeng,” Yesung grinned. “This is a secret between the two of us. Are you perhaps, falling for Donghae?”

“Am I too obvious? She said shyly, almost whispering. When she turned, Donghae’s eyes caught hers. *Darn… why can’t I take my eyes off those eyes?*

“Jagiya, look at them.” Eunhyuk chuckled. “True feelings are unfolding.”

“Oh my~ that’s true. With those meeting of the eyes, they can surely read one’s mind,” JaeEun giggled.

“The eyes are speaking what the heart can’t say~” Leeteuk continued, smiling. “I want them to be together. It is brand new seeing Donghae’s persistence towards a girl. HEERIN KNOCKED HIM OFF HIS FEET.”

“Of course. We, all, knocked you off.,” said Raseul, proudly.

 

Since Heerin didn’t eat much during breakfast, her stomach started contracting painfully. Although suffering from spasm, she tried hard not to show anything that’ll ruin the atmosphere of their happy journey.

 

“Unnie, gwaenchahna?”

“Raseul, I’m okay~”

“But you’re face is pale…”

“Maybe seasickness,” she lied.

“I didn’t know you’re seasick,” HeeYeon uttered, doubtful.

“Just rest,” Donghae came closer to her. “You’re stomach is aching again, right?”

“Aching? Why?” HeeYeon butted in.

 

Heerin was surprised hearing it from him. She remembered the time she passed out because of skipping a meal.

 

“Aniyo. I’m just seasick.”

*Liar*Donghae thought.

 

Suddenly, Heerin felt an urge to throw up.

 

“Rin!” Shindong bursted, nervously.

“Donghae, are you really sure that you didn’t touch Heerin?” HeeYeon asked suspiciously, panicking.

“AIYAH! I-I...I can’t do that!” he answered defensively, gesturing an X with his hands. “Promise, I didn’t.”

“Tsk.”

 

Just as Heerin was walking along the boat to let it out, she felt dizzy and accidentally slipped, falling to the water.

 

“HEERIN!”

 

“Aish~!” Donghae eventually jumped into the water to save her. When he managed to bring her back, she was unconscious. *I knew this was going to happen*

 

“Yah~ Rin-ah! Wake up! Can you hear me?” He shook her face lightly, scared again for the second time.

“Eottohke?” the girls began to panic.

“I don’t have a choice but to do this~”

“Do what?” Everyone asked, while Kibum felt helpless, watching.

 

Without any warning Donghae did a mouth-to-mouth to gain her consciousness back.

 

“Rin-ah, you must wake up,” He gasped in between breaths.

 

Fortunately, she woke up; coughing out the sea water she had taken in.

 

“Thank God~” Raseul felt relieved.

“That was frightening,” JaeEun and HeeYeon spoke at once.

 

When she fully opened her eyes, she saw Donghae’s tears falling.

 

“Donghae-ah, why are you crying?” she caressed his face, as she was lying in his arms. “You’re the one who saved me, right?”

He only nodded, but continued to cry.

“…I was so scared.”

“Shush…” Heerin calmed him. She sat up and embraced him. “I’m grateful, you saved me.”

 

Everybody felt relieved as they helped the two dry theirselves.

 

“That was a quick move~” Eunhyuk said, as things sink into his head one by one. “Not only that you saved her, you also kissed her.”

“Cut that crap~” Kangin and Heechul elbowed him. “Be ashamed in front of Heerin.”

“Oh mian. Sorry Rin-ah~ just thinking about random things.

“You are~” Heerin uttered.

“Are you okay now?” She turned around to face Kibum. “Why did you pass out?”

“She drank soju early in the morning.” Donghae answered for her.

“Yes, he’s right. Gaahh, I don’t think I can manage to drink alcoholic beverages now.”

“Heerin, don’t do it again,” Kibum said sternly.

“Arasseo, oppa.” Heerin pouted, childishly. “I scared you, huh?”

“TO DEATH~!” he poked her nose.