Solemn Midnight

Reset

After finishing cleaning up, the girls went to the living room.

 

“Now, let’s hear the girls sing!” Leeteuk requested.

HeeYeon seated in front of the piano, Heerin played the guitar. JaeEun and RaSeul sang with them.

The loneliness of nights alone
The search for strength to carry on
My every hope has seem to die
My eyes had no more tears to cry

And like the sun shining up above
You surrounded me with your endless love
And everything I couldn’t see
Are now so clear to me

Listening, the other members reminisced the past and tears formed in their eyes. Leeteuk put his arm around Donghae, who was wiping his river of tears.

You are my everything
Nothing your love won’t bring
My life is yours alone
The only love I’ve ever known
Your spirit pulls me through
When nothing else will do
Everynight I pray down on bended knee…
That you will always be my everything.

 

“Mianhaeyo,” Heerin apologized after seeing them tearing up...especially HIM.

"Not our intention," JaeEun and the others added.

"I'm really sorry if it ended like this," Heerin apologized once more seeing Donghae leave, heading to the garden.

Leeteuk placed his hand on Heerin’s head. "He needs to be alone. Let us go to our rooms for now. It's late."

"Ne…"

 

While the boys are preparing to sleep, the girls first stayed in HeeYeon's room.

"Unnie, what should I do?" Heerin bit her lips pacing back and forth. "…Of all the people, WHY DID I HURT HIM?"

"Guilty?" RaSeul said teasingly. "Hey unnie, is Eunho keeping you away from Donghae?"

"Why?"

"I and Teukie saw the three of you...and the guys' stares at each other were different. COLD AS ICE."

"Because he's jealous," Heerin said casually. "You guys know how much I like Hae."

"But that's not it..." JaeEun tilted her head, searching for the right words.

"IT'S BECAUSE EUNHO KNOWS THAT DONGHAE HAS A SPECIAL FEELING FOR YOU." HeeYeon covered her face with a pillow and slept.

"Huh? That's impossible..."

"Rinnie, what you see is what you get." JaeEun stood up and started to leave going to RaSeul’s room.

"Yeah. To see is to believe,"RaSeul seconded, yawning, following her unnie.

"All of you would leave me alone? What will I do?" she scratched her head.

"You can do it! Good night and SWEET MEMORABLE DREAMS," the two chuckled.

"Eottohke?"

 

***************************************************************

 

The moon was shining brightly, as the stars twinkle. Everywhere is peaceful and only silence is heard.

It was already midnight when Heerin woke up from her "can-be-considered-as-sleep."

 

"What is he doing right now? Ugh. I gotta see him."

I went straight down into the kitchen to drink some water. Out of my nervousness, I drank five glasses of water, instantly.

Wanting to go outside, I wore my blue hooded jacket and went out.

To my surprise, HE is still there...burying his face on his hands.

 

"...Donghae-ah...m-mianhae." I stated trembling, as I sat beside him.

He said nothing. He just looked up and stared at me, giving me those lonely crying eyes.

My heart sunk. I did not know what to do. It is something I cannot handle.

I clenched my fists hard---hard enough to prevent myself from crying. It was years ago, but I know how it hurts.

 

"Bogoshipeoyo..." he said faintly, trying his best to stop his tears.”I miss my father."

"...this ain't enough to comfort you, but...The members are with you. They will always be here for you...also, I'm HERE for you." these words suddenly came out from her.

 

I slowly reach for him and wipe all the tears away, but I did not realize that I was crying too.

I almost froze when he touched my hand on his face. He closed his eyes, feeling the warmth of my hand.

In my mind, I know this is wrong, but in my heart, it felt so right.

 

"Rin-ah, stay with me," His sweet voice is calling me.


He suddenly pulled me closer, hugging me tightly. "Don't leave me..."

At that time, I cannot really say no. Things looked the other way around...only when I am with him.

He accompanied me in getting a blanket and we stayed under the shady tree in the garden, seated on a bench.

Although tired, he rested my head on his shoulder. That midnight, was indeed a memorable midnight, we shared together.