Sleep Tight

Reset

It was another tiring day for the girls. JaeEun took a break in the backstage, as she waited for some errands to do.

 

“Yeonnie, I’ll take a nap. Just wake me up, if the managers need something.”

“I will,” Heeyeon said, patting her on the back.

 

 Minutes passed. JaeEun fell into a deep sleep, with her head rested on a desk.

 

“She’s asleep,” Solbi noticed. “Can I instruct you Miss Kwon instead?”

“Yes, ma’am,” Heeyeon answered. “…how about unnie?”

“Don’t worry, no one will disturb her.”

 

*  *  *

 

Eunhyuk, together with Shindong and Siwon, came across the backstage and saw JaeEun.

 

“You guys go ahead,” Eunhyuk said, going directly to the sleeping person.

“Okay,” the two responded, flashing him a knowing grin.

“Good luck, my friend.” Siwon added, doing his usual hand gestures.

 

 As he neared her and sat next to her, Eunhyuk’s mouth quirked up on the corners. “Beautiful,” he whispered, propping his chin with his hands on the desk, as he stared at the latter. Taking his coat off, he draped it over JaeEun’s body. “Sweet dreams.”

 

It was not so long when he fell asleep as well. When JaeEun woke up, she noticed the coat wrapped around her.

 

“Oh, whose is this?” she wondered, turning around and saw Eunhyuk sleeping. A smile painted across her lips. She carefully reached for his face and traced his features. “Forgive me if I invade your personal space,” she thought. “You look so good, up close.”

 

As she was about to withdraw her hand, Eunhyuk suddenly woke up, making JaeEun sit bolt upright.

 

“Oppa, thank you for this,” she said in a rush, returning his coat.

“I fell asleep as well," Eunhyuk uttered, yawning.

“I guess this day makes everyone so sleepy," JaeEun responded, smiling.

 

Unexpectedly, Eunhyuk flung his arm around JaeEun and slowly rested her head on his shoulder.

 

"O-Oppa..." she stuttered, surprised from his action.

"It's okay. You can sleep if you want. This is more comfortable than a desk." he said softly, leaning against her.

Stealing a glance at him, JaeEun blushed. “I can feel his breath…oh god, is this real?” she thought, resisting the urge to giggle.