Right Decision

Reset

The morning starts again in SM Entertainment. Many fans waited along the sidewalks, hoping for a chance to catch a glimpse of their idols.

 

“Whoa, there are so many fans out there,” JaeEun’s eyes widened, viewing through the window of the taxi, “…as always.”

“Those are what you called avid fans,” Raseul said..

“Ahjussi, we’ll get off here. Here’s our payment.”

 

*  *  *

 

“You’re pretty hard working, aren’t you?” Solbi, their supervisor, praised the girls.  “You’re going to last on this field,” she added.

“Thank you, unnie,” Heerin and Heeyeon spoke in unison.

“Though it’s hard, we love this job,” Heeyeon added. “Our inspiration is here.”

“Keep it up!”

“Good morning, Ms. Kwon,” JaeEun and Raseul greeted at once.

“Oh, good morning.”

“Lots of work? Raseul asked, worrying.

“Fewer than expected,” Heeyeon said, smiling.

“Oh, I heard Teukie-oppa has a cough.”

“Raseul, show him what you’ve got,” Heerin encouraged. “Men like caring women.”

“I can’t do it. You guys would just make fun of me,” she blurted, pouting.

“Give a break to your love life. It’s your time to shine,” JaeEun said, giggling. “Knock and the door will be opened.”

“Gals,” Heeyeon butted in. “Let’s go back to work.”

 

During lunchtime, Raseul secretly made a cough remedy. It was a mixture of egg white, honey and lemon juice. She went to SJ’s dressing room and knocked.

 

“Knock and the door will be opened.” She chuckled at herself as she recalled her unnie’s advice.

 

Suddenly, the door opened. It showed Leeteuk who was wearing a mask.

 

“Hi,” the guy greeted, voice hoarse.

“Oh, sunbae…” she uttered, not knowing what to do.

Seeing her holding a tumbler, he asked. “What’s that?”

“Er…Uhm...This one is for you. It is a remedy for cough. I heard this works well, so I made it. Please try it.”

“Seul-sshi, that’s so sweet of you. Please have a seat.”

 

Nodding, she entered the dressing room.

 

“It’s so clean here,” she complimented. “I bet you tell the other members not to make a mess here.”

“You seem to know many things about me.”

“Well, I’m your number 1 fan,” she said proudly. “By the way, how does it taste?”

“It’s like honey-water. Did you add lemon?”

“Yes.”

Smiling, Leeteuk pinched her nose, softly.

“Thanks for your effort, Seullie.”

“Seullie?” Her own name sounded strange in her ears. “Oh my, I made the right decision,” she thought. “You’re always welcome, sunbae,” she added, a beat later.

“Please don’t be so formal. I want to forget about my age,” he said frankly, slurping the remedy until the last drop.

“Okay. So I call you oppa, then.”

“Now, that’s better.”