Series of Unfortunate Events + The Encounter

Reset

"Darn! I'm so late!" Heerin blurted, pissed off, still making her way through the SM Building. “Not again~”

"Ms. Han, the orientation for the new staffs has already started," Ms. Song, one of the facilitator, informed her.

"Really? Oh, thank you."

 

 As she peeked through the glass door, she saw JaeEun and HeeYeon already seated in the long conference table, while listening to Lee Sooman, one of the agency’s stockholders and producers.

 

 "Oh my god…Han Heerin, fighting!" she mumbled, rubbing her temples in an attempt of calming herself.

 

Without second thoughts, she gently opened the door and crawled in slowly towards her seat. Seeing her, JaeEun and HeeYeon snickered.

 

"Yosh! Success!" Heerin blurted, sighing of relief.

 

"…and since you already know your teams, I'll assign you to different groups here in SM Entertainment. You’ll have your supervisors to monitor your performance," Lee Sooman stated.

 

But as he looked around, he noticed something strange.

"Miss, did you happen to come in just now?" he inquired referring to Heerin, who froze on the spot.

 

"W-What? Me? A-Aniyo...I've been here a while ago." she lied, stuttering nervously.

 

"Oh, is that so?  Sorry miss, I’m probably just aging fast," Mr. Sooman uttered smiled, making the whole room burst into laughter.

 

*  *  *

 

"Heerin-ah, you almost blew it off earlier," JaeEun said, patting her.

Heaving a sigh, Heerin crossed her arms. "Yeah, and I almost got fired out. This is just not my lucky day."

"Nah, I beg to disagree,” HeeYeon opposed, smiling. "Your special someone is working here, right? Why don't you go, see him?"

"Oh, yeah...Thanks for reminding me!" Heerin said, blushing.

The former pinched her cheek. "I'm sure he's excited to see you. Goodluck, dongsaeng-ah!"

"Thanks, HeeYeon-unnie. JaeEun-unnie, I’ll go first."

“Alright…see you later!”

 

*  *  *

 

Utterly excited, Heerin made her way to the third floor to see her special person.

 

“He said he’s wearing a blue shirt under a black suit. Wow, what a chic guy! But wait a minute…This building is driving me nuts! Why does this have to be so BIG! Where on earth, are you Eunho?" she mumbled as she walked along the wide corridor.

 

When she was about to call him, a guy came running, drastically bumping onto her.

 

"YAH! What's wrong with you?! Are you blind?" she hollered, not looking at the guy. "...Ouch, my hurts. Why am I so unlucky today?"

 

"Miss, I'm sorry. I’m really sorry." The guy with a low-pitched voice neared her and offered her his hand.

 

Heerin brushed her fringe to the side, showing her cute and annoyed face as she chanced a look upon the guy, "Next time—"

 

Time stopped. She was speechless. Her heartbeat raced faster as she realized who the person is, in front of her.

 

"K-Kim…Kibum?"

 

Kibum smiled and reached for her hand. "I’m really sorry, I should’ve seen you."

 

Holding his hand, Heerin stood up slowly. "Oh, I'm fine...Y-You don't have to worry. My bones are intact…and yeah, nothing’s broken." she stammered, cheeks flushed.

 

"Are you sure? By the way, are you a newbie? It’s my first time seeing you in here," he asked, mustering a friendly smile.

 

"Y-Yes."

 

Feeling the awkwardness between them, Kibum placed his hand at the back of his neck.

"Uh, Heerin, I'm so sorry. I have to go out for shooting. It was not my intention to hurt you."

 

Flustered, Heerin knitted her brows. "...Oh, how did you know my name?"

 

Pointing at her staff ID, Kibum bit on his lower lip.

"Well, it's written in your ID," he smiled.

 

Embarrassed, Heerin smiled even more awkwardly while holding onto her ID.

"Ah yes, my I.D."

 

Kibum smiled as he looked at her.  "I have to go now. See you soon!" And then, he swiftly walked away.

 

"Wait—Sorry for what I’ve said earlier. I didn't mean it."

 

Turning around, Kibum showed her his killer-smile "…It's alright. Annyeong!" he responded, waving a hand.

 

Without even realizing, Heerin’s hand mirrored a wave at his direction making him chuckle.

 

"He's so sweet," she whispered, watching him enter the nearest elevator. "Oh no, I forgot about Eunho."