Nemesis

The Dollhouse: Clandestine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

nem·e·sis

   [nem-uh-sis]

noun

an opponent or rival whom a person cannot best or overcome.

 

 

 

 

 

Don’t try to convince yourself that you have any idea of what’s going on. Kris himself feels inferior because his clever mind can’t figure things out.

Of course I have found it out already. You would feel stupid if you knew. But then again, who am I to spoil things for you?

You must read and understand it yourself. I’m nothing but an observer.

You, on the other hand, you are something else.

 

“Well, well, well. Who do we have here?” Zico’s teeth sparkled in the moonlight. He walked towards me and pushed me against the wall, with only one finger. It didn’t happen because I was weak, but because I had no other choice than being submissive.

There was this littleness about him that I couldn’t describe with mere words. He was utterly anomalistic and it bothered me. He did not seem like a gentleman running an entire household. But I had said that many times before already.

Right now, all I could do was stare into his intimidating eyes and feel…disconnected from the world. What could I do? What should I say?

“Lost your tongue?” His eyes were just centimeters apart from mine and for the first time in my life, I had nothing to say. How could I explain being in his house at this random hour? I had nothing to do here.

The little dictator looked left and right and then back at me, making sure we were entirely alone in here. “Listen to me, gayboy,” this wasn’t even the time to deal with him looking down on me. “This is my house, so stop screwing around.” he pushed me again. I groaned ferocious and bit on my lip afterwards. He was pissing me off. But I couldn’t do a single thing for I wanted to speak with Tao again.

“I’m the master here.” He pushed me again, this time in a place that nobody ever was allowed to touch. My side. I could feel my scar burning underneath my shirt. He…just…touched…m-my…s-scar…

My scar was the greatest taboo that could ever exist. No one, not even Hyoyeon, dared touching nor asking about it. It was tattooed in my medical records, mind and body. Everything orbited around that scar. It had made me into the person who I was today.

“I can make you disappear just as easy as breathing is.” he grinned, which later turned into a vicious smirk.

“Just like you did with Zelo, I suppose.” Oh my God, I had really said that. My stomach collapsed while realizing what just happened. I really did say that.

In my mind my vivid imagination took over and foretold me that Zico would probably stab me because of that remark. Even though none of us had a knife. Well, except for that ice pick. But I wasn’t going to stab anyone right now.

Going straight back to reality, Zico had grabbed me by the collar seconds ago and slammed my head against the wall. Again, I couldn’t do anything, which was really mind wrenching. I could lose the privilege of seeing Tao just when he was about to give me information. Or that’s what I told myself. The true meaning of my sudden interest in Tao was kept hidden deep inside myself. I was unable to find it yet.

Zico’s lips were right next to my ear, he was the one groaning right now. But something distracted him, for he had let go of me and I was able to breathe again. I wanted to kick his so badly, but again, I couldn’t.

We both turned our heads, unaware of our former confrontation and noticed how a girl was standing there, in the middle of the hallway. She wore a thin, white robe, which was see-through by the way (very distracting). Her hair was platinum blonde and her lips were as white as snow.

This was the same girl Tao and I had seen before. She opened to speak, but Zico was faster and before I knew it, he had slapped her in the face. “I told you to stay in your room!”

Her expression never changed, though. She was strong and spat right in Zico’s face. I stepped back and looked at his head turning crimson red.

“Gayboy, just leave. I’ll get you later.” That was my sign to go. I didn’t want to witness anything else while being unable to stop Zico from acting this cruel. I couldn’t even imagine what he had done and would do to that girl.

Hyoyeon had dyed her hair blonde again. I liked it better this way. She looked young

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter