Clandestine

The Dollhouse: Clandestine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

clan·des·tine

   [klan-des-tin]

adjective

hidden, underhand, confidential, illicit.

 

 

 

The universe:

 

The universe in which this story took place was a dystopian South Korea that had been overtaken by a Japanese dictator. He was shameless, arrogant and no friend, not even to his own people back home.

A lot of people were poor, ill and unemployed. Men were forced to join the army, while women weren’t allowed to step a foot outside anymore.

 

White Raven Hospital:

It was a mental asylum before the dictator took over the country. Tao and the others were locked up in this place. When they heard the country was overrun, they saw an opportunity and started a riot against the doctors.

Most patients escaped the hospital when seeing Tao’s cruelties, others stayed. They didn’t have any other place to live.

 

The Lennox House:

After Tao earned money by ing the others patients, they started renovating the house and using it for its true purpose. While half of the house was still kept being used as a brothel, they had the time and money to start deceiving and killing people once more.

It was all a game to them.

They were bored.

 

The Wu twins:

            Kris: Kris was the weak twin. And by weak, I mean his soft personality and his lagging body. He depended on Yifan and his naivety held both of them down. When the dictator demanded their parents for them to get separated, for the sake of science, he was the one who died during the operation. He had promised Yifan to die together with him, but that never happened. We never hear of Kris ever again in the story. The only true Kris you read about is in the oneshot I wrote. All the rest is Yifan.

 

            Yifan: Yifan is the strong twin. He is arrogant, blunt and overly protective if his other half. When Kris dies during surgery, his mind became infested. He feels guilty of not being dead as well, but can’t seem to kill himself. His parents start to see some kind of change in his behavior, of course they ask for a psychiatrist’s help. This is Amber*.

Yifan is slowly killing his own mind only to become Kris. He feels guilty and makes it possible for his brother to live through him. This is not the real Kris. It’s a projection of his loss.

When his mother starts taking notice, she herself can’t deal with that and kills herself. Yifan then asks his father to get into the army and gets approached by Hyoyeon there.*

 

The Patients:

            Tao: Tao was an aspiring psychiatrist who was hiding behind his intelligence. Even so, once his insanity started building up inside his brain, no one could stop him. He blinded his mentor during his training days and was sent to White Raven. There he was being diagnosed as a psychopath. He then saw his chance in overpowering the house by killing Amber* and everyone else.

His personality throughout the story is fake, because of the bet. Tao, here a psychopath, takes over the part of a pathological liar.

            Hyosung: Hyosung, a pathological liar, was sent to White Raven because her parents couldn’t stand her behavior and lies anymore. She follows Tao blindly and takes part in his schemes. She became a depressed person.

            Zico: Zico came to White Raven after his several suicide attempts. His depression made him who he was throughout the story. Being bored after the many plots they had thought of, he wanted to prove to Tao that they were all strong. So they switched roles and Zico became the leader.

            Sulli: A sociopath who is in constant rivalry with Tao. She took the part of a schizophrenic and spied on Yifan whenever she could.

            Yong Guk: He is truly schizophrenic and very unstable. Nevertheless, he played the role of a customer quite well. He was amused by Zelo and how both were using each other. At the same time, he pretended to be in love with him and made Yifan believe that Zelo was taken away, while he just ran and hide somewhere inside the house.

Whether it was Yong Guk who freed Zelo in the end… no one knows.

            Mihye/Miryo: Two people using one brain. There is not that much known about them. She gets killed when trying to escape.

            Hyoyeon: Believe it or not, but she was a patient as well. She ran away after the revolution, but kept her connections with the house. She is the one who provides Tao with victims. Her pinky was used to scare Yifan. No one knows what she’s suffering from. Maybe it’s best to keep it that way.

 

The doctors:

 

Dr. Amber Liu

Amber was a well known psychiatrist who was also the owner of White Raven. She also treated Yifan when he was a kid and had stored his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter