Panoply

The Dollhouse: Clandestine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  

 

 

pa·no·ply

  [ˈpænəplɪ]

noun

a wide-ranging and impressive array or display.

 

 

 

I can’t do this anymore.

I want you to know the truth.

My mind forbids me to spill it, though.

There is only one thing I’m allowed to tell and I will.

This is the end and it’s no use to be silent anymore.

 

The end is here and I’ll slowly fade away.

 

I believed in his lies and look at me now.

 

I forgot who I was.

 

You guys don’t even know who I am

and I don’t know how long I’ll be able to communicate anymore.

 

That’s truly sad.

 

 

Sulli got trapped in some kind of psychosis and I saw my only chance to get away. I escaped and turned back, completely forgetting that Tao was down here too. I sighed deeply when reaching the room Yong Guk had been hiding in and initially expected the worse.

I never did stumble upon a fresh corpse in the corner of the room. There was no one here. No living person. Jessica’s dead body was the only thing keeping me company right now. I sat on the dirty floor and frowned. Yong Guk was gone.

My head never stopped aching. I felt like there was someone inside my head pushing my brain to get outside. A never ending pain that tried tearing me apart. Something called fear and cowardice. A thing this house had taught me.

I remembered the Kris I used to be. I was brave, solved cases in mere days. If it wasn’t for my college Kevin, I would’ve been the best agent from the start. I had it all even though I had nothing. I remembered being completely satisfied when neglecting the fact that Yifan wasn’t a part of me anymore. He was gone.

Nevertheless, I was not happy, yet satisfied. It was a feeling I missed. The end for me was near and this was the only thing I could do, clean up this mess. I needed to find out the truth and bring my killers down.

They had kidnapped me, put me into an artificial coma and poisoned my body. I had been missing for more than two weeks.

I got up and nodded slowly. There were no signs of any fight, nor blood. Yong Guk was gone. Maybe he heard someone coming and fled himself? I didn’t know.

Suddenly I heard a buzzing noise. It wasn’t loud, but hearable. Slowly, I turned around and let my ears scan the room for a change.

Then I found it, when looking at Jessica’s corpse. The pocket in her medical coat was filled. It wasn’t that stuffed before. I slipped my hand inside that pocket and felt my heart skip a beat.

It was Yong Guk’s phone.

I frowned and realized that it wasn’t locked.

 

Before Yong Guk disappeared he had been reading a forbidden blog entry from someone called GodOfRivalry. There was a lot to take in, but when I got to the interesting part, I finally understood the essence of the house and its dolls. It gave another definition to my world and somehow, the urge of getting out of this place was eating me alive.

 

What happened at White Raven Hospital?

   an analysis by GodOfRivalry; the truth teller.  

 

So that’s how people started to neglect the existence of that hospital. When the takeover of Leader Kamenashi began, the rules changed.

People with mental diseases were something to experiment on. He showed no mercy and forced doctors to try other methods. With those methods I would like you to imagine the world before technology.

Rumors spread soon enough and people u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter