Umbrella

The Dollhouse: Clandestine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

um·brel·la

[ʌmˈbrɛlə]

noun

Something that encompasses or covers many different elements or groups.

 

 

 

 

 

Sometimes, just sometimes I doubt my existence.

Why have I lived? Did I ever live?

One can be defined by looking at the traces they left behind and that scares me.

There are plenty of traces, but none of them actually leads to me.

Frankly, I do believe in his lies. Sometimes I do.

He has turned everything around. I only started to realize earlier that he wiped out the traces.

It’s not my fault.

It’s his.

I’ll never come back.

I’ll be trapped here.

 

Sometimes, I feel bad about not telling whoever reads the actual truth,

but for that, it is too late.

 

I’m sorry.

 

To calm my mind, I tried closing me eyes just for a second. Yong Guk never left, he was truly here. I didn’t understand why, though. How did he find me? I was in the cellars of this house. He did say he searched the entire house. My head hurt.

“What are you doing here?”

“Same as you. Trying to solve this mess.” I didn’t trust him. I didn’t trust anyone, but what was there to do right now? I tried to move, but he kept following me.

“Look, Yong Guk…” I bit on my lip and tried to hide my anger. There was a possibility that he would be in this complot. A small possibility, but right now, my paranoia seemed to be my only friend.

“What? You seem different.”

“Nothing.” I tried finding the cold touch of my handgun again and exhaled deeply. He couldn’t hurt me. I was going to die either way. If he would make a suspicious move… I would end his life.

What?

“Look at this place.” he mumbled. “They renovated an old asylum. Have you seen the other chambers? I have seen this stuff in movies.”

“You did, huh?” I whispered and looked around. Yong Guk was right, though. These were rooms that belonged to an asylum. This was a place where they kept the mentally insane locked up ages ago. My head started to hurt. This room freaked me out.

“Not like any mental hospital. This looks…” his voice died.

“Cruel.” I took over and stepped back. “The dead body…I can’t seem to…”

I covered my eyes and wanted the stinging pain in my head to go away. Nothing could make it stop. Yong Guk came closer and stared at the corpse.

“I don’t recognize her either. She’s been tied to the bed like some patient.”

The anger that I had boiling inside me, blended with the deadly poison that was running through my veins, faded away. This was… I didn’t understand what was happening, but everything became clearer and darker at the same time.

It was as if I got to take one step forward and suddenly three steps back.

The longer I stared at the corpse, the more I started to understand what was going on. Even though my mind forbade me to think about it, deep inside my heart, I knew. Yong Guk was faster with putting our thoughts into a full phrase.

“She wasn’t a patient. Look at her clothes. There’s some kind of ID attached to her shirt.”

I grabbed it with trembling hands and looked at her name.

 

 

       Dr. Jung Jessica.

      Head-psychiatrist

      White Raven Hospital.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter