.03

Fatal attraction

 

 

This has got to be the fifth cup of coffee she had today. She knew it was bad to drink coffee this much for a day but they were much needed to keep her awake and although they were delicious, she had lost the appreciation of the sweet aroma as her eyes shifted from the folders on her right, to the folders on her left. It had been five days since she had worked as Nam Woohyun’s secretary and she had not seen him ever since that interview. The day she arrived for her first day as his secretary, she was only informed about his vacation then. All of his meetings were cancelled. Meanwhile, she was glad she was excused from meeting him again, but the pile of work she received was no joke.

 

Apart from her work, she also had to cover for his work plus the big, final presentation she had to deliver within two days. Flexing her neck a little, her eyes darted to the clock on the wall. Another ten minutes before 7 p.m.

The company had the best, top notch security system so she didn’t feel afraid of working into late hour. It wasn’t just her who stayed up late, she was aware of that, thus the reason why she could afford to spend another few extra hours to finish the piling work. She had already informed the security guards and was granted permission to stay in the building until 8 p.m. Her car was also granted an access to a reserved parking under Nam Woohyun’s name.

 

She hated bringing her car to work. Not only the petrol price has increased but she hated the traffic jam she had to endure. She had always preferred the public transportation before but since she had been staying up late, she felt the necessary to use the car again.

Switching off the computer and the air conditioner, and after making sure she had arranged the finished work and the unfinished work properly, she was more than ready to go home and hit the bed. Her body ached for the soft mattress and her favorite fluffy pillows. The throbbing in her head had gone away after she had swallowed the panadols. She also made a mental note to not skip any breakfast from onwards again. She would always end up feeling sick if she skipped her meals and her mother would be outraged if she knew about this. But this week had messed up  her routines and  meals. Even her life had been upside down ever since she started working as Nam Woohyun’s secretary. He wasn’t kidding when he said that it required a lot of sacrifices if you wanted to work for him.

 

She felt as if her burden lessened a little when she saw the finished and completed task papers  that were neatly arranged across her desk. After saying goodbye to one of the security guard, she headed for her car. There was less traffic jam around this hour and less irresponsible drivers too, which was a big plus for her.

Her stomach growled and as if in cue, she saw her favorite restaurant across the road was still open. ‘Amour’ was the name for the restaurant and not they only served Korean foods, but also French cuisines. She wasn’t really a French food lover at first, but after trying out a few dishes recommended by Dongwoo; the son of the restaurant’s owner, she’d been a fan since . But of course, she could not afford to eat at such an expensive restaurant every day. She would rather save the money and order from a less expensive delivery takeout instead but it was good to spend your penny to good, delicious foods sometimes.

 

The car made all sort of weird noises when she tried to start the engine earlier on and she made another mental note to bring it to the workshop on the weekend.

Ah, there goes my money again.

 

Sighing, she reached for her briefcase and her coat and was ready to go up to her apartment when she saw someone familiar inside the restaurant. It wasn’t weird that she saw him there, considering he was the owner’s son but there was just something about him that had drawn her to him involuntarily. She’d know him for months now and it wasn’t like she hadn’t talked to him before. She didn’t want to be a creep, but she could not help but to stare at the man himself. He’s not dating anyone, she was sure of that. And she wondered why; such a gentleman like him would be any woman’s fantasy and a perfect ideal for a husband.

 

Not like that someone.

 

A slight dull throb inside her head stopped her from the nonsense thinking and after making sure she had locked the car, she went inside the building. And of course, the security guard wasn’t at his place as usual. She swore she had only seen him only a couple of times after she rented the place and it was probably the reason why Woohyun could easily enter the building before.

 

 

“You have got to be kidding me.”

She stared at the ‘out of service’ notification plastered at the lift.

 

“Oh come on, this goddamn lift was just fixed yesterday and now it’s out of service again!”

She huffed angrily, and when she opened her eyes again she saw an elderly woman was coming through the front door and she had probably heard her cursing because she was shaking her head. Yoonji just smiled sheepishly at the elderly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was just before four in the morning when her phone rang. She was just able to sleep after the ache in her stomach had subdued a little.

 

Damn you gas.

Groaning, she answered her phone and she didn’t care if she sounded like a grumpy fifty years old woman.

 

“Hello?”

“Go to my penthouse and my housekeeper will be waiting for you with a bag. Bring it to the Grand Hyatt hotel and my room number is 570. Ask for the access card to my room at the receptionist and I’m expecting to see you in 30 minutes. Don’t be late.”

 

The masculine voice on the other line totally snapped her back from her drowsiness and she blinked rapidly. Before she could utter a word, the line went off and she looked at her phone, dumbfounded.

“What..”

 

Checking the history log on her phone, she wasn’t surprise to see his name on the top of the list. His voice has becoming familiar to her but still, she wanted to make sure. It didn’t make sense for him to be calling her at this hour and..

“Shoot. I’ve got to hurry..”

 

Was he insane to expect her to arrive within thirty minutes? Grabbing her purse and not caring whether she looked like as if she had just gotten out of the bed, she raced to her car and setting the gps she had just gotten recently to his penthouse’s address. It wasn’t hard to find it but the location from her low cost neighborhood to his luxurious penthouse was pretty far. And not to forget she had to deliver whatever things inside the bag he wanted to the hotel after that.

The weird noises coming from her car was becoming worse and she prayed for it to survive until the end of this weekend. She arrived at his house exactly fifteen minutes later and thankfully his housekeeper was already waiting for her at the front door so there was no need for her to get inside the house and judging by the size of it, she would probably get lost inside it. The drive to the hotel didn’t take long but as she just got out from her car, Yoonji realized how stupid she looked right now, with wearing only her pajamas. Her hair was a mess and she praised herself for choosing the hoodie instead of a jacket. People were looking weirdly at her. Some girls were looking at her as if she was a weird object as she entered the expensive building and she mentally cursed the man that caused her embarrassment.

 

The pain returned and she clutched at her stomach. She felt like vomiting right there and then. The gentleman that rode the lift with her showed his concern but she just waved it off. She knocked the door for a few times but there was no answer and deciding it was the best just to use the access card that was given to her by the receptionist, she slide it across the knob and entered the room. There was a sound coming from the bathroom and she assumed that Woohyun must be taking a shower. She thought of just leaving the bag and gets the hell out of the room, but it was probably the best to wait and hand it to him personally.

Wishing that she should have worn something thicker, Yoonji clung to her hoodie tighter, feeling the sudden uncomfortable chills seeping to her spine. The waiting was excruciating, with her stomach’s pain and her head was getting heavier.

 

She was almost asleep when she heard the door to the bathroom was opened and she called out for his name.

“Mr. Nam, your bag is here.”

 

She heard his voice from inside the room but it was almost impossible for her to understand what he was saying so she called out for his name again.

 

“Woohyun sshi?”

 

The door to the main bedroom she assumed, was opened. There stood the man and she froze in her standing. He was only in his towel and he was not ashamed to show off his glorious body to her. Yoonji’s reaction remained the same although she found it hard to do that but she managed to keep her cool demeanor as he approached her. Woohyun was just only a few feet away from her and the scent he used enveloped her consciousness. His wet hair was sticking into the right places where you just wanted to thread your fingers..

 

Her absurd imagination was interrupted when a silhouette figure was blocking the light that was coming from the room. Her eyes shifted from Woohyun to the person and there she saw a half woman, only wrapped in a blanket leaning against the door. She felt the bag from her grip was taken from her and her eyes darted back to him.

 

“You can go now.”

 

What?

 

She just stood there mindlessly when Woohyun took out the clothes from the bag. Clothes?

Woohyun turned around to look at her again and the smirk on his face was the answer to her question. He could have damn well asked his driver to send the clothes to him but he had instructed her to bring them to him instead.

Just for fun.

 

“Well, anything else?”

 

Yoonji was too speechless to reply to him and her eyes followed as he draped his hand on the woman’s waist. But his eyes never left hers.  There was that dark, almost alluring and menacing gaze pinning her own. There was also a challenge behind that gaze; a challenge that was created and reserved only for her, Han Yoonji.

 

“Maybe you could hang around a little bit. There are three of us and well, we could have fun a little. What do you think babe?”

Woohyun said as he changed his attention back to the woman beside him. Yoonji did not wait to hear the reply from the woman as she took a step back. Making sure that Woohyun was aware of her movement; with a dramatic hand gesture, she flipped her hair and with a graceful turn, she exited the damn room.

 

Try harder, you jerk.