Happiness

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ara took a deep breath as she stepped out of the room. She felt a bit dizzy now that the exam was over – it had been several hours – but except for that, she was fine. In fact, she felt really good now that it was finally over. She couldn't really speculate about the result, but her feeling was good, so she she decided just to trust it.

Once outside the room, she immediately looked around for Sehun because she hadn't seen him when she'd left the exam room due to the mass of students leaving. Knowing that the exam was over and that she had a fairly good feeling about it was really relieving, indeed, but without the certainty that Sehun felt the same as her, it was only half of it.

As her eyes spotted the male among all the reddened and tired faces, both relief and dejection written on them, and she sighed loudly at the sight of Sehun's small smile. His smile had relief written all over it, and she was utterly glad about that. She didn't know how she would have reacted upon seeing a stressed and dejected expression on his face.

“How did it go?” Sehun asked. Even though he could read Ara's expression, hearing it was just better.

Ara smiled a little. “Quite well, and yours?” She, as well, wanted to hear it from him.

“Same.” Sehun returned the smile. He then took the girl's hand and pulled her with him. “It's so filled. Let's get away from here,” he mumbled, glancing at the many students. Ara nodded quietly as she followed him. Both of them weren't all to fond of crowded places, so they left the corridor and went to the schoolyard, where they also spotted Kai and Hyejin.

“Unnie! Sehun Oppa, how was it?” The younger girl asked curiously. She had automatically gone to look for Kai when she'd seen the first seniors in the corridors, signaling that the exam time was over. She looked really happy next to Kai, who had the same aura of relief around him now that the exam was over.

“It was alright,” both replied before asking Kai, who said the same. The four of them walked around the schoolyard to find the other boys. All the students were strolling around, sharing their relief or disappointment at the exam.

The school day quickly came to an end, and as Ara, Sehun and the others went to the exit, Baekhyun put out his hand to stop Chanyeol, who was walking next to him, and suddenly called out, “Guys!” The others flinched slightly at the suddenness and turned around with surprised expression at the male's loud and urging tone. Some already expected bad news when the said male continued while a bright grin spread across his lips, “Shouldn’t we celebrate that the exam is finally over?”

That caused some to laugh and others to snort. “Yah, Byun Baekhyun! Don't you ever do something like this again,” Chanyeol half yelled as he pushed away the shorter male's hand from his chest. “I thought you peed your pants or something.” The tall male scrunched up his nose; he was embarrassed to have flinched and gasped when Baekhyun suddenly called that out.

“Tch, you're such a , Yeol,” Baekhyun retorted before fastening his pace to escape Chanyeol, who was reaching out to grab him. “Anyways, I'm up for arcade!” Baekhyun called out, still running away.

Kyungsoo shook his head. “The same procedure everyday.” Suho silently agreed, while Sehun watched it all with a tiny little upward turn of his lips.

Some things never change, do they?

Ara stole a glance at Sehun, thinking that the way the male looked at his friends was beautiful. It wasn’t even the little smile; it was the twinkling in his eyes while his gaze rested on them. She realized that a situation like this hadn't occurred in a long time. In this whole month studying had been the priority for almost everyone of them, and before that Sehun had been abroad, together with the tension between her and the male. And she realized, in a way, she liked this kind of company once in a while. It was comfortable and light, and the little laughter the boys' and Hyejin's jokes lured out of Ara were a nice contrast to her the daily stress and quiet understanding with Sehun. Although Sehun's friends weren't exactly her best friends, they had surely become good acquaintances. It wasn’t in her nature to seek for deep friendships, but she knew that she got along with the boys better than she did with other peers. Sehun had good friends, she could see that. Especially his friendship with Kai was something Ara would always admire, for they were like brothers. The bond – her thoughts halted as she was suddenly met with two deep brown eyes.

Sehun had just turned his face to steal a glance at the girl when he'd caught her staring at him. And not just some stare; it was one that had contentment radiating from it. Contentment and relief and also a hint of admiration.

To see many emotions at once in Ara's expression, he felt that the day was special. His lips curled into a smirk, which he tried to bite back, though, as he then saw how the girl turned away, looking rather embarrassed. His hand snuggled to the hem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter