Nervousness

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “I can't concentrate,” Sehun mumbled, staring at the textbook in front of him. Tomorrow he, as well as all the other third year students, had to take the graduation exam. The most important exam of their school life. Nervousness and panic were filling him up. And he wasn’t the only one. “Same,” Ara mumbled as she closed the textbook in front of her. Again, the two of them were in his apartment to study like they had the past few weeks. Because of all the pressure, even Ara, who normally had a hundred percent concentration, couldn’t focus. felt dry and her eyes ached from staring at the words for such a long time. Concentrating for such a long time needed energy.

There was a lot coming at them: the graduation exams, the graduation itself and their birthday. However, the last two thing weren't the priority for either of them. The stress caused by the exam took up most of their attention.

By now Sehun had grown used to his friendship with Miyoung having ended. Since they were sitting far apart at school, he barely saw her during class. And during the breaks, she still disappeared to somewhere. He had once asked her if it was really alright for her to be walking around alone – he was referring to her health problems – but the girl had put him off, saying it was no problem at all before she walked away again. As she had also looked relatively healthy, Sehun just believed her. Besides, he could sense that she wanted to be alone.

“Let's just stop then, huh?” Sehun stood up and also closed the textbook he was holding.

Ara tilted her head a tiny bit to relax her neck. “But it's tomorrow; we shouldn’t slack off,” she mumbled, looking both serious and worried.

“I think forcing ourselves to concentrate when we can't won't get us anywhere,” Sehun replied. “Besides, we studied enough the past few weeks. Let's take a break first.” He walked to the couch and pulled Ara up. The girl pressed her lips together because she couldn’t argue about what he said. It really wouldn’t get them anywhere, if they couldn’t concentrate. But at the same, wasting time doing nonsense when tomorrow was the day of their exam was just as worse. If not worse. By forcing herself to read through her notes and textbooks again and again, she could at least reassure her conscience.

“How about taking a stroll?” The male smiled as he pulled Ara to the door. Feeling that any attempt to persuade him not to go anywhere was useless as she felt too tired to even think of what to say, she only nodded and let him drag her with him.

Once outside, Ara couldn’t help but smile to herself. Why was it that Sehun always knew what was the best for her? Having breathed in the fresh air, she had to admit that this break was necessary. Any minute longer in that stuffy room and her head would have exploded. However, the break shouldn’t be too long in her opinion.

From the corner of his eye, Sehun could see the little twitch of Ara's lips. He knew that twitch. It was the one she had whenever she knew she'd been wrong, but was too prideful and stubborn to admit. It might be weird, but Sehun actually found that side of hers to be very adorable.

“Being outside is good, huh?” He broached the subject in an attempt to make her finally admit it. Because as much as he found the little twitch of her lips to be endearing, he liked her way of admitting things even more.

“Mhmm,” Ara mumbled in reply, automatically avoiding his gaze as she looked around the streets, quietly enjoying the air and her body finally moving again. Still, somewhere inside she felt her responsible part urging her to back and continue to study, so she couldn’t completely relish being outside.

Sehun quickened his pace and turned his head to get a better view on her face. “The air is nice and a little bit of exercise is always good,” he continued to probe, grinning to himself as he saw Ara bite her lower lip.

“I feel so refreshed. How about you?” He tried to hide his grin, but failed miserably.

“Oh Sehun, stop it.” Ara shot him a little glare, to which Sehun only raised his eyebrows innocently. “Stop what?”

“Trying to get me say what you want to hear,” the girl explained as she continued to glare him with an accusing look in her eyes.

Sehun gave her an innocent look before he broke into a wide, childish grin. “You caught me red-handed,” he laughed as he turned around and quickened his pace, jogging backwards.

A little “tch” mixed with the sound of a chuckle escaped Ara's lips and she, as well, broke into a smile. “You're so childish!” She called out, shaking her head. In contrast to the accusing content, her tone was an admiring one. She wished to be as playful as Sehun at times. At this very second, she wished. Why? Because all the pressure to do well tomorrow stressed her a lot. Although Sehun was just as pressured – if not even more due to his family name – he was able to put it away and let out his other side when it was necessary.

The said male might seem rather calm and disinterested at first, but the more you got to know him, the more you'd realize that he had a very playful side to him. One that made Ara laugh and loosen up when it was necessary. And it was often necessary, even if the girl didn’t realize it herself. Maybe even right now.

Sehun grinned. “I know!” And at this very moment, when the male had given her his bright grin with smiling eyes together with his childish and provoking behavior, Ara completely forgot about the pressure that had been haunting her until this second. A grin made its way to her lips as she took a big step forward to catch up with the male. “Yah!”

Upon seeing her grin, the male inwardly sighed in relief. Why? Why was he relieved about a little grin? Because he didn’t like seeing Ara pressuring herself so much. Because it wasn’t just a little grin. It was proof that the girl had forgotten all the stress, even if it was only for a second. Sehun knew that Ara, when met with stress, would always go on. No matter what, her determination won. But at times, too much determination c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter