Imperfect

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The following days passed very peacefully, and to Ara it seemed as if in all her eighteen years she hadn't been so content for such a long period. She and Sehun always studied together for the graduation exams that were approaching; she continued to work and watched Hyejin, who was now officially dating Kai again, having the same contentment written all over her face. Of course, there was the usual stress. But as it was nothing new to the girl, she found life peaceful.

Weirdly though, Lee Miyoung was still missing. Which didn’t exactly worry Ara, as she didn’t really know the other girl. However, Sehun was bothered by it. The male couldn’t help but wonder what happened to Miyoung. Of course he had the assumption that her absence was probably due to her health problems. Which was why he decided to visit the said girl at home. However, he also had a different reason to do so.

He had told Ara of course, since he saw no reason to keep it a secret because his girlfriend had already told him once that she would never interfere with things between his friends and him. There was a tint of jealousy in Ara's eyes whenever Sehun brought up Miyoung, but she never presented it directly. It was just the little bit of natural jealousy. And for that Sehun loved her even more. For the fact that she always reassured him that she was alright with his friendship with Miyoung despite the bit of jealousy she felt. She always tried to burden him as little as possible. And every time his thoughts whirled around that, a smile would appear on his lips.

Sehun looked around as he entered the Lee property, having passed the guard at the entrance to the property – like the Oh mansion, the Lee one was surrounded by a strong fence – by saying his name and informing him that he was a friend of Miyoung. He then walked to the the stairs that led the main entrance. He had a folder that contained all the worksheets and copies of his notes that Miyoung had missed with him. Whatever had happened, he still had the responsibility as her friend.

As he reached the door, it already opened and a maid asked him to follow her after he introduced himself again. The fancy interior design didn’t awe Sehun one bit, as it looked utterly similar to the one in the Oh mansion. Silently, he followed the maid until they reached the second level. A few meters in front of a big door, the maid asked him to wait there. She went forward alone and knocked before opening the door a bit.

“Miss, it seems that a friend of yours, Oh Sehun, wants to visit you. Is that alright with you?” He heard the maid ask. Something about her tone disturbed him, though. Although she spoke softly, there was a hint of obnoxiousness in her voice. Strong dislike for having to treat her mistress respectfully. He immediately recognized the tone because he had often heard it in servants' voices when they had talked to his little brother. He, as well, had sometimes been faced with such servants.

Sehun could see that the maid bit on her lower lip in slight anger before she stepped away and turned to him. “Do as you please, Mr. Oh,” she mumbled before retreating.

Sehun eyed the maid for a second before he entered the room. Her bedroom was similarly decorated as the rest of the mansion. Classy and elegant. He immediately spotted Miyoung, who lay in her bed, leaning her back against the bedstead. She looked a paler compared to last time he'd seen her, which had been around one week ago in the infirmary. He skin was of a sickish white color.

“How are you?” He automatically asked upon seeing how weak she looked.

Miyoung shrugged her shoulders. “As always, just worse,” In contrast to her bland tone and the sarcasm in her words, she laughed a little before looking at him. “What brings you here, Oppa?”

Sehun frowned a little. Where was the overly cheerful Miyoung who always tried to use aegyo on him? In the infirmary she had also seemed rather gloomy. But then again, this was her home, so there was no need to put on a mask and hide all negativeness. This Miyoung had a dull aura around her. This was the real Miyoung.

“Can't I even check on my friend without being accused of having another reason?” He joked dully.

A little chuckle slipped from Miyoung's lips. “Seems like you can't.”

Sehun walked closer to her bed. “I'm serious, Miyoung. I came to visit you because we're friends. If you're missing for such a long time, of course I'd be worried.” He then held up the folder. “I copied my notes and brought the worksheets our teachers assigned the class to do while you were missing.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter