Confrontation II.

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Light. Ara felt so light, it was unbelievable. Right now, things just seemed so idyllic. Almost a tad too idyllic, but Ara pushed away that thought, telling herself it was only because she wasn’t used to such happiness that she questioned it. Things between her and Sehun were alright. More than that, even. Much more. This beautiful feeling, it was reality. Back into life, back in her flat, doing her job, going to school, and yet he was there. Here. Together with her. 

 

The girl breathed in deeply as she stepped out of the flat, together with Hyejin, and she relished the temperature, that was slowly getting warmer. She relished the soft sunlight, the mild wind, and the feeling in her chest. Even if she did grow embarrassed when Hyejin , she had to admit, it didn’t matter. It was unusual for her, but she'd gladly grow used to it. To love. To being loved. She was happy at the moment, and that's all that counts, isn’t it? Maybe it was a bit rash to be so happy with everything just after one day, but Ara couldn’t help it. Not after three months of feeling empty. The warmth inside her was overwhelming, and she'd gladly let it subdue her.

 

And Hyejin just looked as happy as her. This morning, when both had drunk their milk, the younger girl had told Ara that she informed Kai about Sehun and Ara's cleared issues via phone last night. She'd told Ara just how glad Kai had sounded to hear that. And that was also when the older girl found out that Hyejin regularly called the other male. During all those months, it seemed that Ara hadn't really paid attention to her surroundings, and only now did she get scent of the fact that Hyejin and Kai had also been meeting more regularly. However, Hyejin said, she didn’t want to rush things. Not anymore. She enjoyed her current friendship – or maybe more – with Kai and maybe she'd try to go further some time. But there was still enough time, and this time she wanted to be a hundred percent sure about what she was feeling.

 

Upon hearing that, Ara knew that she could completely let go of her overprotective side. Hyejin had matured and learned from her mistakes. She smiled, feeling like a mother when finally deciding to let the child follow his own path. It was a little sad, yes, but necessary nonetheless.

 

 

When Ara entered the classroom, her eyes immediately found their way to Sehun. However, contrary to her own happiness, she couldn’t really find it in Sehun's face. He did look happy to see her, as he gave her a smile, but at the same time Ara could detect something else: a tint of anxiety. It was barely noticeable, but Ara could see the difference between the twinkling of his eyes and the flash of worry. And right now, there was worry evident in his eyes. Besides, he looked rather tired, and the girl wondered when he went to sleep the day before.

 

What she didn’t know was what had all taken place the last night. She didn’t know of Miyoung's unexpected meeting with Sehun, nor did she know that Sehun wanted to confront his parents today. Therefore he had thought about it almost the whole night. About how he'd tell his parents. And he decided that he would try to tell them about Ara slowly. Today, he wouldn’t bring her with him. No. Firstly, he had to make it clear to his parents that he wasn’t going to accept an arranged marriage. However, the reason wouldn’t be the real one – he'd try to convince them that he wasn’t interested in things as love, thought of them as a waste of time. He was certain that his father would rather accept such a statement, it was of the same rationality his parents had raised him with. Adding to that, he had also thought about his talk with Miyoung, wondering if he had been too harsh or too nice or anything else. He was glad that the girl didn’t show up today because he didn’t want to face so soon her after yesterday's talk. He could already assume that the said girl just felt weak from the forest trip. Nothing severe, so he could tone down the worry that he felt towards her as a friend.

 

He felt bad for not having told Ara about the confrontation of Miyoung and the planned one of his parents yet, but the first step of confronting his parents was something he had to do himself, and telling her would only burden her. As of right now. But once he'd have it managed (hopefully), he would tell her of his plan. However, little did he know that the girl would notice something. As the walked past his seat, she gave him a wondering look. “You look tired. Did something happen?” She whispered. She tried to keep it unobtrusive, even if Miyoung, who actually sat next to him, was missing, which surprised her a bit. Rumors could quickly arise, especially in this school.

 

To her question, Sehun only shook his head. “No, I just had some paperwork yesterday because there will be a meeting soon,” he lied. The girl had looked so happy when entering the classroom, even though she hadn't been smiling. He, after having spent so much time with her, could see the contentment literally written on her face. And for now, he just wanted to keep her so happy. He didn’t want to have her worried because of Miyoung and his parents. After all, those were problems from his side.

 

When it was about meetings, Ara wouldn’t question it. Because he often was tired around the time of meetings, as they required a lot preparation. So she just walked further, not asking anymore.

 

-

 

During the break Ara left the classroom to get her books from her locker. As she opened her locker, an empty one faced her – no books, no gym shoes, nothing – and she stared at it confusedly, before her gaze fell upon the little sticky note of the locker door's inside.

 

Come to the rooftop, if you want your stuff, .

 

Ara narrowed her eyes at the message. How childish, was all that shot through her mind and she blew some hair strands out of her face. She knew there had always been people at this school who disliked her very much, but during the past few months that had decreased. So something like this came really unexpected – wait a moment. Now that she thought of it, it could be Lee Byunghee. And that bastard still owed her.

 

Positive that it had to be Lee Byunghee and tired of his childish games, she stomped to the stairs. Besides, she needed to get her stuff back before the next period began. Within a few minutes, she already arrived at the rooftop. But instead of a male, she was met with a petite girl. Lee Miyoung.

 

Ara immediately stepped back, but the sound of the door to the stairs being snapped shut made her turn around. And there he stood. Lee Byunghee, a smirk on his lips while he locked the door. “What the hell,” Ara muttered as she turned halfway around and stepped back to have both Miyoung and Byunghee in her field of view.

 

“You two actually plotted something? Are you being serious?” She mumbled, trying not to laugh. This situation was just too absurd. Too ridiculous. For them to be actually so childish. She didn’t even know whether to take this seriously or not, but she was still on the alert. It was two against one, after all.

 

“No, I only wanted to have a talk with you, but he offered to help me,” Miyoung answered with a soft voice. “And how he's responsible for my safety while I'm talking to you. Who knows what you might do,” the petite girl finished as she eyed Ara from head to toe. It had been a preventative me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter