Déjà-Vu

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Feeling her heart clench at the sight of the two people together, smiling at each other and … kissing, Miyoung slowly stepped back. What the hell was this? It seemed unbelievable for her. Just what in the world was happening right now? Sehun. Oh Sehun, who always avoided physical contact and rarely smiled, had just initiated a kiss. Not only that; he hadn't pushed away the hand when his hair had been ruffled. He hadn't seemed annoyed. Instead, he was smiling. And his eyes were sparkling with a kind of happiness that Miyoung hadn't seen in his eyes yet. 

 

That girl … Park Ara. She faintly recalled her name and remembered having seen her during school. But not even once had she seen her even talk with Sehun. Heck, she hadn't even seen her look at him. And yet, Sehun had suddenly run into the forest yesterday when a random male student stepped out of the forest alone. He hadn't returned until today. Now with a girl at his side. A girl, Miyoung hadn't really paid attention to yet. A girl, he was smiling at and kissing.

 

Just who was this girl?

 

-

 

“Sehun, my ankle is fine already. We really don’t need to–” “–No, it's not fine,” Sehun interrupted Ara as she began to protest for the umpteen time during their car ride. “Seriously – Ah!” A gasp escaped the girl as her boyfriend suddenly lifted her leg, grabbing her ankle – gently, though. Immediately pain shot through her and she made a face. “See! It's not fine yet,” Sehun firmly said and let go of her leg again. He looked at Ara apologetically, feeling bad for having made her injury ache again, but it seemed that his stubborn girlfriend would've never listened to him unless he made her realize it, be it one way or another.

 

“I got it!” Ara called out, annoyed that Sehun just had to be right. Admittedly, her ankle wasn’t alright yet, but it didn’t really hurt anymore – unless it's touched – so a visit to the hospital seemed unnecessary in her opinion. But Sehun had always been like this. Always worrying about her because of small things. Always making sure she was alright, even if it was just her way home after work was over, or a little cold. Always so attentive.

 

Such a worrywart, she thought and despite the light scolding, a smile played around her lips. It was one of the things she'd come to love about him, wasn’t it? His care and attentiveness towards her. It always caused her to feel warm and fuzzy. Having someone worry so sincerely about her had never been common for Ara. Given, she had to get used to it, but liked the feeling of being cared for. The way he cared for her touched her, made her trust him and made her care for him, as well.

 

Sehun caught her little smile and he immediately knew that despite her louder tone earlier, she was glad about his worry. A lop-sided smile made its way to his lips as he locked gazes with her. For a while they just smiled at each other, their eyes so full of warmth.

 

Thereupon the car ride was dominated by silence again. It was the kind of comfortable silence only Ara and Sehun could share. So calm, so familiar. So beautiful.

 

-

 

“It was only sprained a little. Although the injury is not severe, it can cause quite some pain, so I'll prescribe you painkillers. In a few days – maximum a week – it should be completely fine,” the doctor said, and Sehun sighed in relief. Ara bit back a little smile upon seeing how much more relieved he was than her, even though it was about her ankle.

 

“Thank you,” the two of them thanked the doctor. “Especially for the quick help, even when we came so suddenly,” Sehun added. “Ah, Mr. Oh, that's nothing! I will gladly help our wonderful heir out.” The doctor beamed. “Don't say that, Mr. Kim,” Sehun mumbled, glancing to the side, as he was embarrassed to be addressed as “heir”. He never really liked his title as heir; it made him feel weird. To him, it sounded too hierarchical, as he wanted to view himself as a normal person in the hospital and not the CEO's son. Not as the next boss.“But it's true. Such a nice heir, always willing to learn and help at the hospital. I still know how you helped decrease the chaos last year when more than twenty nurses and five doctors were suddenly missing, as though it was yesterday. How you immediately gained the control and managed everything,” he said, a smile gracing his old face. “Your father can be proud,” the doctor finished before he bad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter