Back

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh my God, where have you been?” One older teacher asked as Sehun and Ara stepped out of the forest, approaching the two immediately. The teachers were the only ones standing at the place around the wooden hut; the students were still sleeping in their tents. “We have tried to send signals to both of your tracker devices, but Mr. Oh's turned out to haven't taken his backpack with him and Ms. Park's couldn’t be reached,” the teacher explained and the two adolescents only listened halfheartedly – they had had realized the problem about the tracker devices one day ago – and stared at the teacher for a while, contemplating on what to tell.

 

As Luhan also approached them, face filled with worry as he looked at Ara, they were urged to finally answer. Ara decided to quickly lie. She told them, she had slipped and therefore fallen and Lee Byunghee hadn't noticed that as he had walked far ahead. As much as she wanted him to suffer for what he had done, she knew that by trying to make the teachers believe that he pushed her was dumb. Between a student whose family is rich and powerful and a simple scholarship student with average to poor background, which one's story would be more convenient to believe? Ara isn’t dumb; she knows life isn’t fair. So she has to make the best of it.

 

However, Ara vowed to herself to make him receive his deserved punishment, be it one way or the other.

 

Sehun side-glanced at Ara upon hearing what she said, and he had the urge to ask her what she was saying, before realization dawned upon him. Well, the school's punishment would have probably been too light anyway. That bastard was going to pay for injuring Ara; Sehun wouldn’t let him get away easily. And even if the girl didn’t seem to have problems walking by now (she hadn't said anything, nor had she looked as if she was in pain), Sehun wanted to make sure, she'd get a proper check up at the hospital.

 

“ … I found Ara with a sprained ankle and we couldn’t find the way out, so we decided to wait until the night was over,” Sehun finished the explanation, earning a raised eyebrow from Luhan. “You didn’t have your backpack with you, no tent, no bedroll …” the male trailed off, not wanting to speak out what was evident. Sehun and Ara had slept in one tent. Whether they also slept in one bedroll, Luhan wasn’t sure of, but judging from the look in Sehun's eyes – one of huge contentment, even if the younger tried to hide it – told him that them sleeping together wasn’t even the worst.

 

There was a spark of jealousy in Luhan's eyes as he continued to let his gaze rest on Sehun. The younger male, as childish as it was, felt a kind of satisfaction at the sight of the intern being jealous. A part of him would have loved to tell the intern that there was even more to be jealous of – the embraces, the kisses, the confessions –, but of course he wasn’t dumb enough to let his childish part get the better of him. Besides, those happenings were intimate; they were magical. They were things he didn’t want to share with anyone beside Ara. They were theirs and only theirs.

 

“Ara needs to go to a hospital and get a check up. Her ankle still hurts a lot,” Sehun suddenly said while the teachers were still taking in what happened. Ara glanced up at him with a confused expression. “What? It doesn't–“, she began to say, only to get interrupted by the male as he bumped her lightly and threw her gaze, that told her he'd handle this.

 

Luhan watched the two of them exchange gazes, thereupon wondering what happened between them. At school they hadn't talked to each other at all, indicating they didn’t really know each other, and now they seemed very familiar with each other. It wasn’t as if Luhan felt like that was wrong; it was simply arousing his interest. Ara wasn’t someone to easily open up to other people – at least she hadn't been so when she was small – and after having talked to her for quite a while yesterday he could say that this was one thing that hadn't changed in all the years. Something's off …

 

“I also hurt my foot when I stumbled in the dark,” Sehun added, earning another confused, but also worried gaze from Ara. She hadn't known at all that he'd been hurt all the time; he even carried her! “I'll just call my driver and he can bring the two of us to the hospital's. You won't have to arrange any driver.” He gave Ara an assuring gaze, hoping to successfully tell her he wasn’t hurt. Actually, he only wanted to have Ara's ankle checked up without having to leave her side. Besides, he could feel that if he stayed here a second longer, he might murder Lee Byunghee, so leaving would be the better option.

 

The teachers nodded understanding; they wouldn’t want to bother with arranging an extra driver anyway, so his suggestion was quickly accepted. Having cleared everything up, the teachers left again, returning to their own tents. Only Luhan stayed.

 

He reached out and placed one hand on Ara's shoulder. Sehun stared at his hand on her shoulder, he could see that, but he didn’t feel the need to remove his hand “Are you alright?” He asked, his concerned eyes searching for hers.

 

Ara blinked twice when his gaze met hers. It felt weird to be lying to Luhan. Although he didn’t really know him, it felt as if she knew him. It was the memory of her favorite oppa that made her believe he was relatively trustworthy.

 

“Uh, yeah,” she replied after a few seconds.

 

“Did you really just slip and fall?”

 

Upon that question, Ara knew why she found Luhan trustworthy. It wasn’t only because he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter