Connected

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ara's eyes widened as she felt a sudden but soft pressure against her lips. From that moment on, she knew, there was no turning back anymore. There was no rescue. Because feeling his lips, that seemed to be as tender as rose petals, move gently against hers was overwhelming with such sweetness that she completely lost control over her thoughts. Her body was tingling in every single part, the pain of her ankle drowned in the beauty of their kiss. 

 

As Sehun was about to pull away, Ara didn’t know why her body reacted quicker than her mind. Automatically, she tiptoed so she wouldn’t lose contact with his lips. The thereupon following touch, however, broke every string of Sehun's reluctance.

 

Sehun's hand, that was still on her back, wandered up to her neck and gently caressed the nape of her neck, sending prickling, electric shocks down Ara's spine, as he leaned down again to claim her lips again. This time, he moved his lips against her with more strength. With more passion.

 

Without to think, Ara felt her lips respond to his movements. And soon the two of them forgot about time and place, as the soft moonlight embraced them during their kiss. All that mattered was this moment. This magical moment.

 

When Sehun pulled away from her lips, Ara was left panting lightly. The girl's cheeks were tinted in a light shade of red as she stared up at him, slowly removing her hands from his shoulders, not yet realizing what had just happened.

 

There was a moment of silence before a smile spread across Sehun's lips. “You missed me?” He asked, his eyes glistening with an almost child-like contentment.

 

Ara could literally feel her cheeks turn into a deeper shade of red as the realization hit her. She couldn’t believe what just happened. She had told him she missed him. They had kissed. Kissed, her inner voice repeated.

 

Feeling utterly embarrassed, she could only nod her head lightly and glanced to the side to avoid his strong gaze. She did not now how those three words had just slipped from her lips. She hadn't intended to speak them out. And yet, it had happened.

 

Sehun could feel his heart soften at the sight of Ara avoiding eye-contact due to embarrassment. How long had it been since he had last seen this? It felt great to see her act like before again. To see her show her adorable side to him and not to some other male. To have her in his arms. To be the one around her. To be the one to save her. And before he could hold his tongue back, he said, “I missed you, too. I missed you so much.”

 

He looked into her eyes with such sincerity that Ara could only stare back, unable to say something.

 

“I missed you the two and a half months. I … was craving for you. I wanted to contact you, but I really couldn’t,” Sehun whispered. His mind was against talking about their issues right now. Why couldn’t he have just held his tongue? Now they couldn’t just enjoy the moment in which they had forgotten about what happened and decided to enjoy the obliviousness. Now, they had to deal with it.

 

He could see in Ara's eyes that something changed. The look in her eyes hardened a tad. Not much, but he noticed it. It was similar to the look that had been filling her eyes the past few days, and suddenly panic shot through him. He was afraid that she'd go back to ignoring him. No, he couldn’t let that happen. Not after today. Not after the embraces, not after the kiss, not after her admitting she missed him. Not after he had realized that he wouldn’t withstand another day of Ara's indifference after having tasted again just how beautiful her presence was to him.

 

Immediately reaching out, he wrapped his arms around her. “Ara, please hear me out, I have a lot to say … to explain.” She didn’t say anything, only kept quiet to listen to him. And he was thankful for the calm she was giving him. She'd let him explain.

 

Ara knew that her rationality was slowly returning after he had mentioned the two and a half months. She knew, her self-protection was trying to take over, but this time, she forced herself to stay calm. She wasn’t going to let her rationality ruin it. She knew now, by ignoring him she'd only end up hurting herself as well. Because, she realized, she needed him. Even if it had taken her so long to realize, she knew t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter