Her Confession?

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yawning, Ara entered the kitchen. Her one part-time job had her working until 11pm and then she still had to study for the test today. But at least her first period was a free one, so she could sleep longer. Gulping down the milk, her gaze fell on the small note on the table. She picked it up and eyed it. The girl almost choked on her milk as she read what was written on it:


Good morning, Unnie ^-^ 
I hope work wasn't too much stress and that you had a good rest. 
PS: I'm going to confess today >\\\<
Wish me luck! 

Slamming the note on the table, she grabbed her bag and hurried to the door. She hadn't expected her sister to confess this soon. Hadn't it been merely two days since Hyejin told her about her 'crush'?




Panting, Ara arrived at the school building. She had to talk to Hyejin. Now. She walked through the corridor with firm steps, pondering about where to look for Hyejin. Lost in her thoughts, she didn't even realize that she stepped on a book and just continued walking.

The owner of the book cocked his head, watching Ara as she walked through the corridor until she disappeared from his sight.

The girl from yesterday.

He bent down and grabbed his book, hitting the dust off. "Yah, Sehun, hurry up," a tall male - his friend - called out, grabbing the latter by his arm. "Yeah, yeah, Yeol."



With a cuss leaving her lips, Ara entered the classroom and automatically slammed the door shut. Just where was Hyejin? She had actually expected to find Hyejin during the break, but in the end she had just skipped her meal for nothing. 

Some girls who sat near the door  flinched at the sudden bang of the door. Murmurs swept across the students. Things like 'That Ara has a really bad attitude, doesn't she?' 'Pff, why's she always like this?', but Ara was used to stuff like that, hence she ignored it.

Sitting on her chair, she propped up her chin with her hand and looked out of the window. She had to talk to Hyejin. She really had to. As the whispering around her got louder, she automatically pricked up her ears, out of habit, since she'd been listening to some  gossip during the past few days because she wanted to find out more about that Kai.

"How was your weekend?" An energized, cute voice asked. Ara blinked at the bright voice; her own voice was rather calm. "Terrible!" A different voice harrumphed. "My dad locked my cellphone away!" 

A wave of 'Oh my God's later, the voice continued to explain why it happened. Apparently, the girl had been on her phone even during lunch, and her father had just snapped.

Ara cocked her head lightly. Besides a few snobby and rather arrogant students, the majority was actually okay, meaning they didn't use every single opportunity to look down on her or to annoy her. But still, there was whispering behind her back - well, with her problems, Ara could really care less. 

But she still found it hard to get along with her classmates. When she heard about problems like getting the cellphone locked away, while she didn't even own one, she simply couldn't bring herself to show sympathy. And all the 'Oh my God! Poor you's sounded so ... sincere, that Ara just cringed. How in the world could those people view not having one's cellphone as so terrible? 

She continued to listen to her classmates 'worries', since the teacher was taking longer to come. Another girl complained about not being invited to that big birthday party - of which Ara didn't even know it existed.

After a while she turned around, now seeing the girls. They didn't look bad. They weren't even one of the popular group, no, just the ordinary girls. Judging from their gestures, they were probably sweet girls. All raised with great care. All naive. 

Sometimes, Ara'd find herself becoming envious of those girls. How would life be, if she still pos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter