Touch of Fear

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After thirty minutes of walking, Sehun's phone rang, interrupting his thoughts. He picked up the phone call, his expression immediately changing. His father wanted him to come to a meeting. Running a hand through his hair annoyed, he walked back to the school where his car was still parked. The drive was quick, and within twenty minutes, he found himself in front of the room the meeting was going to take place today.

 

The topics discussed in this meeting were a bit more interesting than the ones from the other meetings, and he had to admit that this time he was even fully paying attention – something Mr. Oh was happy to see. The meeting was longer than the usual ones, but Sehun didn’t notice the time that had passed, as he'd been honestly interested. By the time it was reaching its end, the sun was soon going to set.

 

Just as Mr. Oh stood up to end the meeting for today, Sehun's phone rang, surprising the elders in the room. The boy, as well, frowned upon seeing an unknown number being displayed. He actually wanted to decline it, but oddly his thumb brushed over the display and before he knew it, he'd already picked up. “Hello?” He asked confused, but his confusion disappeared the second he heard the voice on the other side.

 

“Sehun Oppa! Do you know where unnie is?” He could hear Hyejin ask, voice filled with panic. Before he even had the chance to say something, the younger girl continued, “She should've come home two hours ago already! And I’ve called her boss, but he told me she left long ago. What to do …?” Hyejin's voice was shivering from panic and worry.

 

Sehun froze for a moment before an awful feeling spread inside him – the kind of worry when your mind creates terrible scenarios before you can even grasp a proper thought. Within a second, the meeting was forgotten and all he could think about was Ara, and he rushed out of the room, leaving his father and the other men back with wondering faces. Two hours, he thought as he ran through the corridor. That's a damn long time span. “Hello?” Hyejin asked over the phone, snapping the male back to reality. “No, she's not with me,” he replied absent-mindedly. When he reached the elevator, he pressed and looked up, only to assess that the lift was more than ten levels from the one he was in. A silent curse slipped from his lips before he tried to focus on the call again. “When exactly did she leave her workplace?” He asked through heavy breaths as he ran to the stairs.

 

“Her boss said it was more than two and a half hours ago,” Hyejin panicky replied, sounding like she was close to crying. “M-Mom's not home from work yet, and I-I called unnie at least five times.” The awful feeling increased and the scenarios in his head worsened, making him almost lose his balance as he rushed down the stairs. “I'll go look for her. Continue to call her.” When he hung up, he took a deep breath to calm himself down and pushed all those scenarios to the back of his mind.

 

Once he was outside the building, panic overtook him again. How was he supposed to start looking for her? The city was huge and if she should have been home two hours ago already, then … Argh! He shook his head. Focus! He ran to his car and drove to Ara's workplace. It was so damn hard not to jump the lights when his whole body was dying to get there as soon as possible, but he forced himself to drive normally; at least he tried to.

 

Sehun slammed the door shut as he got out of the car and immediately ran to her workplace. Getting out his phone, he quickly opened the contacts (he saved Ara as his first contact, but no one besides him knew that) and pressed her name. No one picked up, and he put his phone back into his pocket, proceeding to enter the workplace. Without further ado, he approached the boss. “Did Ara say something about where she wanted to go?” The man in front of him shook his head. “She said nothing and just left.” That made Sehun even more suspicious and worried. All the times he accompanied her to work, she had never once left without bidding goodbye to her boss.

 

“She got a phone call, but that's all I know.” Sehun turned around as he heard a female voice say. It was her co-worker, Seoji. “The call was extremely short and Ara immediately grabbed all things and left.” Sehun quickly thanked her before he left the restaurant.

 

Just what happened?

 

He ran around the whole area near Ara's workplace, and after twenty minutes, he surrendered and sat on a bench. By now, the sun had completely set, and the sky was of a greyish blue, leaving a dull feeling when looking at it. Just as the male grabbed his phone again to call the police, it rang. It was the same number as before, and he already wanted to tell Hyejin he hadn't found her, when the heavy sobs on the other side made him halt. “Sehun Oppa … I-I don’t know where unnie is, b-but I just received a call. They told me mom-” her shaky voice broke off. “c-collapsed and – and die-” The sobs were getting stronger and stronger, and there was no need to say it anymore, as Sehun understood already. She died. “T-They said that they contacted unnie first … and she'd told them not to tell me first, but they still did… Go – go look for her,” the girl shakily said. “I'm sure she's somewhere out there and … crying for herself, so go … and find her!” Hyejin said between her uncontrollable sobs.

 

“I'm so sorry …” Sehun whispered, not knowing what to say. The news shocked him, but he had only seen their mother once in his life. Still, she'd seem very kind that time, and the thought of her being dead was … he found it hard to realize. “I will find your sister, don’t worry. Just worry about yourself right now … and …” he trailed off, listening to the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter