The Player

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyejin flinched as the glass hit the floor and broke. “Unnie,” she whispered, intimidated.

 

“You're in love?” Ara slowly asked, taking deep breaths to calm down, and crouched down to pick up the bigger pieces of the broken glass. Upon seeing that, Hyejin crouched down as well and reached out her hand to pick up a piece, but Ara pushed her hand away. “Don't.”

 

“You'll cut yourself. Just get a swab,” she said. Hyejin glanced back, uncertain what to do, before she went to get the swab. Wrapping her fingers around the wood, she took a deep breath. She grabbed the swab strongly and returned to the living room. Without saying anything, she started to wipe the water off the laminated flooring. Her sister had picked up most of the pieces and within a few minutes the floor looked perfectly fine again.

 

“Who is it?” Ara asked, her voice so low that it was almost inaudible. Hyejin bit her lower lip nervously as the put the swab next to the table. She rubbed her hands against her thighs and looked to the side. The excitement from earlier was gone; replaced with anxiety. Judging from how Ara already reacted to the news that she was in love, she would probably rip a pillow once she'd know who it was.

 

Clearing , she answered, “It's Kai.”

 

There was a moment's silence before Ara's mouth fell open. “Kai? That Kai?! One of those Kings?” She half yelled.

 

Hyejin squeezed her eyes shut and nodded lightly.

 

Are ran a hand through her hair agitatedly. “I already feared it'd be someone from our school. But to think that it was actually one of the Kings! They are the richest and snobbiest and most arrogant – “

 

“Unnie!” Hyejin called out and grabbed her sister's hand.

 

“You don’t even know them personally. How can you assume that they are arrogant?” She squeaked, seemingly hurt that her sister had such a bad image of the one she was in love with. He didn’t seem arrogant or snobby at all in her eyes.

 

“So? Do you know him personally?” Ara gave her sister a piercing look. Hyejin gulped. Actually, she didn’t know him personally; they had only talked two times or so, but there had been this tingling feeling that had spread across her body, and it just felt so, so wonderful.

 

“I know him better than you do,” Hyejin said under her breath.

 

Ara drew in a sharp breath. “How long has it been since you transferred? One week? There's no way you fell in love within one damn week!”

 

“But I did!” Hyejin screamed, and her older sister gulped when she saw she had tears in her eyes. Oh boy. Hyejin had always been a crybaby …

 

Ara watched as her little sister nervously tapped the heel of her feet on the ground. Again and again. “I want to confess,” she slowly said, playing with her fingers. Ara drew in a sharp breath at that word. “No. Do you want to get your heart broken?” She plainly asked, remembering the girl who had been rejected by one of the Kings – Chanyeol – today. She made a face as the memory rushed through her mind.

 

“Unnie. Please don't be so pessimistic, I beg you,” Hyejin whispered and pouted lightly. “I know Kai's repu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter