Thanks

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The restaurant wasn’t really filled – with Sehun and a couple being the only customers – so Ara didn’t have a lot to do, and she caught herself thinking about Sehun's father again. Just what had they been talking about for Sehun to become so angry? Even before her shift was over, she already cleaned up everything, and her boss told her she could stop earlier today. 

 

As Ara walked walked out of the changing room, her things with her, she noticed that Sehun's cellphone was lying on the table, both of his hands wrapped around it. The said male was staring at it, his eyes hardened like before and his lips pressed into a firm line. Without further ado, she walked over to him and grabbed him by his arm. Dragging him to the door, she bade goodbye to her boss and closed the door afterward.

 

Even as they were several meters away from the restaurant, she didn’t let go of his arm and continued to drag him with her. Since it was very dark already, Sehun couldn’t exactly make out where she was dragging him. But when he tried to struggle, her grip tightened, so he just followed her quietly. His mind was elsewhere anyway.

 

However, when they seemed to have reached the destination as Ara slowed down, he squinted his eyes to scan their surroundings. And his eyes widened at the sight. They were standing on a playground. To his right was a swing, to his left a red slide in an elephant form and in front of them was a climbing contraption with a tiny house downstairs, for children to go in and hide. It was a normal playground, but in the dark night it didn’t emit a cheerful aura but more of a somber aura. No one was there, and one would think something was missing.

 

Unconsciously, Sehun stepped forward as he was looking at everything, now back-facing Ara. “What … are we doing here?” He slowly asked, still eying the playground.

 

When he didn’t hear an answer, he turned around, and his eyes widened slightly. Ara stood there, gnawing on her lower lip, looking almost – almost nervous! “When Hyejin was down back then, I always brought her here,” she mumbled almost inaudibly. And when I was feeling unwell, I came here too, she added mentally. Looking at the ground, she scrunched up her nose in awkwardness. Why did she even bring him here? It wasn’t like this place had the same effect on other people as it had on her and Hyejin. Ara didn’t know; her feet had just brought her here and her hands had just dragged him along.

 

A sudden hearty laugh erupted and the girl looked up, surprised at the sight of Sehun chuckling softly while gazing at her. However, she mistook his laugh for something it wasn’t. “Stop laughing! I know we're too old to be playing, but this place is still …” She said loudly, her voice strong, but began faltering after a few seconds. “It's calming,” she mumbled with an almost ashamed expression as she looked away again.

 

She looked at the side for a while, as she still felt a bit too embarrassed to turn around and glare at him, but as she couldn’t hear anything from his side, she slowly turned her head lightly in an attempt to peek at him. However, when she was met with a pair of eyes only thirty centimeters away from hers, her eyes widened in shock, and she took a step back. Her eyes rounded even more when Sehun suddenly reached out his hand and she stared at it as it moved closer to her.

 

When the hand was so close to her that she had to arch her neck a bit to stare at it, she wondered why she didn’t slap away his hand. But somehow, her body didn’t listen and just stood there, stiff. All of a sudden, she could feel a touch, and she involuntarily flinched a tiny little bit, closing her eyes in an instinct, as if she was waiting for the worst. However, there was nothing to be afraid of. Only a soft touch on her head.

 

The girl's eyelids fluttered open and with wide eyes she stared into his brown eyes  that were gazing at her warmly while his hand still rested on her head. He patted her head twice and mumbled in a soft tone, “Thanks.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter