His Apology

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ara made a face – it was barely noticeable though – when Sehun pushed her a bit forward. Before class had started in the morning, she had told him about her non-existent plan, since he had asked her what she would do now. Sehun's friends were once again in the library and Kai stood a few meters away from Ara and Sehun. She needed to ask for his help for this, since he was going to apologize. However, her pride was making it hard, so Sehun pushed her yet again.

 

Shooting the Sehun a glare, she slowly made her way to Kai. Sehun chuckled at how annoyed she looked. When she was standing in front of Kai, she cleared and began awkwardly, “Um,” she took a deep breath, “about apologizing to Hyejin, how do you … plan to do that?” It was simply impossible for her just to ask for help straight away, so she tried to do it indirectly.

 

Kai gave her a questioning look before responding, “I'll just apologize.” Ara rolled her eyes thereupon. As if that wasn’t clear. She raised a hand, “Don't you have any idea on how you'll do it? You two haven't talked in a while and …” she trailed off, realizing that she didn’t exactly want to tell him that Hyejin had been very down because of the incident. “You two haven't talked in a while,” she said again and looked at Kai.

 

“So?” Kai smirked. “I'll only apologize, I don’t think much of a plan would be needed,” he casually said, making the girl shut up. Well, he was somehow right, but that was because he didn’t know how Hyejin had been feeling. Ara bit her lower lip. So, the only obstacle was to make Hyejin come and listen to Kai. And that was her task alone, unfortunately.

 

“I'll make it somehow,” Kai added, seeing how unsatisfied she looked with his answer. Wasn’t she trusting his skills?

 

“Mhmm,” Ara mumbled before walking back to the table – today she'd been working with the books together with Sehun. The said male looked at her questioningly. “And?”

 

Ara twisted her lips. “Your friend doesn’t think he needs a plan for a mere apology,” she said dryly.

 

“Kai's not someone to calculate and plan things,” Sehun retorted with a soft smile. “He always makes it somehow.” Ara's eyes widened a bit at the way he smiled whilst speaking of Kai. “He said the same,” she mumbled, making Sehun look at her askingly. “Hmm?”

 

“No, it's just …” Ara trailed off. “You really seem to know him very well,” she finished slowly and barely audible, looking to the side and twisting her lips, before she opened the page she had been reading before. A smile played around Sehun's lips, seeing how the girl acted. Was it just him or did it really look almost bashful? But that was something he hadn't expected from Park Ara, not at all. Though, it didn’t mean that he didn’t like it.

 

“Mhmm,” he hummed in answer and continued reading in his book.

 

Ara leaned back against her chair. It was no doubt that Sehun and Kai were really close, and she felt a bit worse now about what she'd said to Kai. It seemed like Sehun really knew him well and when he talked about his friend, he had a really soft expression on his face. And after these weeks with Sehun, she could say that he wasn’t a bad person, so Kai … wouldn’t be one, too, would he? But still, she knew what happened and she cringed at the memory.

 

Heaving a huge sigh, she stopped thinking about it. Instead, her thoughts wandered to her plan again. She would most-likely go back to her plan of dragging Hyejin with her, since she didn’t like the idea of explaining to her sister that Kai was going to apologize – as this was probably one of the most unexpected happenings, so Hyejin would also wonder how it came to that. Ara wasn’t good with words, so in the end it was likely that the words of her half forcing Kai to do this would slip from her lips.

 

When she accepted that as her plan, she unconsciously nodded to herself. Sehun, who had just averted his eyes from the book, looked up and caught that. He watched as she pressed her lips together and as she looked up with a tiny spark of determination in her eyes. Was it just him, or did Ara become somehow … cuter? Whenever he watched her, he found her actions or simple movements to be amusing, but for a while now it was more than just amusing. It – it was actually adorable, in a way. Just like a few minutes before, when she talked about him and Kai being close. The way she had tilted her head only lightly and the way she'd avoided eye-contact then.

 

Was it due to the fact that Ara seemed to have a bit more of facial expression? Or did Sehun's perception simply change?

 

Shaking his head, he averted his gaze from the girl's face and returned his attention to the book he should be reading. Probably because she opened up a bit to me, he thought, but even he knew that this explanation didn’t hit the bull's eye.

 

-

 

The next day, Ara immediately stood up from her chair as class ended and turned to Sehun. “Can you bring Kai to the library?” She asked quickly, before she realized a small thing after a few seconds and added in a small voice, “Please.”

 

Sehun chuckled. “Yeah.” He watched as she rushed out of the room to get her sister. wasn’t this the first time she said 'please' to him? Not just to him, but had he ever heard the word 'please' from Ara's lips? As far as he was concerned, it hadn't happened yet. And he caught himself relishing that like a young child relished winning a game. 

 

Shaking off his childish thoughts, he proceeded to go to Kai's classroom.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter