Bitter Taste

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What do you think about these?” Sehun asked as he held up a photos, on which a graphic of the biggest expansion of the antarctic ozone hole could be seen. Ara averted her gaze from the computer screen and glanced over her shoulder to him.

 

“They're good.” She nodded her head.

 

It had been two weeks since the evening Sehun had accompanied her to work and she was glad to see him act normal again. What was still bothering a bit though, was Hyejin – precisely her and Kai. She didn’t like seeing her little sister so sad. Wasn’t there anything she could do? Just to give her sister inner peace … So, what happened could be concluded and Hyejin could look forward again, instead of regretting everything and feeling bad. 

 

Ara didn’t even realize that her mind was slowly losing focus, her eyes were just staring at the bright white of the screen, while her thoughts were far away from the ozone layer.

 

Sehun, on the other hand, watched the whole thing with an amused smirk. He enjoyed seeing her gnaw on her lower lip while she was deep in thought. What he didn’t realize himself, though, was that he was constantly his lips while watching her.

 

His eyes traced the strands of her hair that fell over her shoulder and ended a bit below the middle of her back. If they scented sweet like raspberry again? His inner-voice halted when the girl straightened all of a sudden. He watched as she pushed a strand behind her ear and cleared . She just thought of something regarding her sister, but he didn’t know that, of course.

 

He wondered what she'd just been thinking about, and unknowingly, his tongue had made its way to his lips again, moistening them. As the door to the library suddenly banged open, he almost bit his lower lip. He turned his head a bit and raised his eyebrow at the sight.

 

“Sehun!” Kai called out, his arm around Baekhyun's shoulder, who was pulling Chanyeol by the latter's arm. Kyungsoo and Suho were behind them, waving their hands.

 

Sehun quickly glanced at Ara again, assessing that she'd stiffened. He stayed seated and watched as his friends made their way to where him. “What are you doing here?” He mumbled, giving them a questioning look.

 

Baekhyun shrugged his shoulder. “My partner is sick.”

 

“I was too lazy today,” Chanyeol admitted with a dumb grin.

 

“The café Kai and I always go to for the project was closed due to renovation.” Kyungsoo pulled a chair away from the table and sat down. The two of them, him and Kai, had been put in the same class after the dissolution of their old class, and for the project their teacher thought it was the best to pair them up with each other (to avoid any cat fights between the female students).

 

Kai sat down on the chair next to Kyungsoo's. Suho cleared his throat and said, “We're already finished.” He was a good student and the girl he'd been paired up with, too, hence they were faster than everyone else.

 

“I'm bored,” the five males chorused.

 

Sehun heaved a sigh before he turned his attention back to his fact book. “Then be it,” he retorted with a dry, slightly mocking voice. He could hear them whispering to each other, hear as the chairs moved. They were idiots, but also his friends. Friends, who had gone through a lot together with him.

 

And those idiots continued to talk and laugh with each other. When Sehun looked up again, he noticed that Kyungsoo had just pointed at Ara, before the latter turned to him. Kyungsoo wriggled his eyebrows and gave him a grin before he continued to chatter with Kai. Baekhyun, who'd just been tapping his finger against the table in an attempt to annoy Chanyeol, turned around. “Is she also also clinging on you twenty-four seven?” Baekhyun mouthed, pointing at Ara. His partner, a girl, was really sticking to him like glue – if she wasn’t sick, she'd probably be creeping around in the library at the moment.

 

Sehun cocked his head lightly, remembering that his friends didn’t know anything about what had happened between him and Ara. He glanced at the girl's back. Maybe, just maybe, he didn’t want them to know. There wasn’t much to know anyway, but he liked the silence when he was with Ara. It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter