Raspberry

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A sigh slipped from Ara's lips, as she pushed open the door to the restaurant she was working part-time at. Glancing over her shoulder to Sehun, she pressed her lips together. What was she doing right now? They barely knew each other, didn’t they? What was he going to do while she worked anyway? She shook her head and entered the restaurant.

 

“Ara? Why are you here so early?” Seoji, her co-worker, said, frowning, as she spotted Ara at the door. Her boss looked up from the glass he was just drying with a towel. “I thought you said you wanted to work one shift later a few days ago,” he muttered.

 

“Uh yeah …” Ara cleared , “ Something got canceled and I was free earlier than expected. I just thought I'd come here,” she finished, letting go of the doorknob and stepping away from the door.

 

“It's okay,” her boss slowly answered, continuing to clean the glass. Seoji was just about to continue with whatever she had been doing before, when the door got pushed open again and Sehun appeared. Her eyes round, she gawked at the handsome male. The said one cleared his throat as he glanced around the restaurant. Ara gnawed on her lower lip. “I brought … a classmate,” she said in a quiet voice.

 

Seoji almost ran over to her. “What?!” She half screamed, earning a scolding look from their boss. “Y-Your classmate?” Upon that Ara frowned a bit. Her co-worker was usually a rather collected person, easily annoyed and never so … loud. The said woman looked up and met with Sehun's eyes. “You're here as a customer, aren't you? Let noona treat you something,” she said and smiled at him. Ara gave her a weird look, but she didn’t notice it.

 

Sehun put her off with a wave of his hand. “It's okay. I intend to pay,” he shortly said.

 

Seeing that the said male made his way to a table, Ara gave him a quick nod. Then she went to the corridor to put her stuff into a locker and to change into her work attire – that consisted of black pants and a white blouse –, tying her hair into a ponytail.

 

Just as she came back again, Seoji grabbed her by her arm and whispered something at her ear, “Which school do you attend, Ara?”

 

Furrowing her brows, the said girl slowly answered, “Seoul – Seoji, he's a minor,” before avoiding the question by saying that. That made the older girl shut up in an instant. Seoji retreated with a pout gracing her lips and went to get the dishes from the kitchen. Ara shook her head and glanced around the room. There weren't many guests today, and the few ones were all served. Her gaze wandered to Sehun, who was sitting there, a cola standing in front of him, untouched.

 

She slowly walked to him, clearing when she stood in front of his table. “Don't you … want to eat something?” She awkwardly asked, feeling a bit weird to serve him.

 

Sehun sighed softly and shook his head, a small smile playing around his lips.

 

Furrowing her brows, Ara walked away, to the counter. Just then the door opened and a big group of people entered. When they were all seated, she quickly took their order and passed them to the kitchen, before going around and making sure the other guests were alright. A few minutes passed just like this and soon more guests came, making it busier for Ara. Then Seoji's shift was over and she and her boss and his wife were the only ones working.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter