Odd and Uncertain

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The school day dragged, and Ara caught herself glancing over at the male sitting next to her quite a few times. It was the abnormity of not feeling Sehun's stare in her back that made the whole day a bit odd. Why was he not all relaxed, propping his chin up, with a oh-so-mocking look in his eyes? Instead, he was sitting there, looking really tired. Something was definitely off.

 

When the last class was over, Sehun just stood up and walked out of the classroom. A frown appeared on Ara's face. Weren't they supposed to go to the library today? Last time, it had even been him who dragged her along to work together instead of her doing everything alone at home.

 

The girl quickly grabbed her bag, throwing the bag strap over her shoulder, and rushed out of the classroom. Looking around, she spotted Sehun's tall figure a few meters from her. She quickened her pace and caught up with him. “Where're you going?” She grabbed his arm, turning him around. “We have to work on our project,” Ara said. The male's eyes widened and he stared at her for a few seconds before blinked several times, looking like he just awoke from a dream. And that dream didn’t seem like a good one.

 

“Ah,” Sehun run a hand through his hair, disheveling it, “Sorry, I forgot.” He quickly walked past her, leaving a confused Ara back. Furrowing her brows, she followed him slowly.

 

-

 

Ara picked out the books again, putting them on the table, before she one of the computers. After clicking on the browser, she stole a glance at Sehun, who was sitting at the table, the books laying untouched in front of him. Her gaze followed his hand, that laid on the table, wandering across his arm to his face. His gaze was directed at the table, but the look in his eyes was empty. His thoughts were somewhere else, Ara was sure of it.

 

She unconsciously started gnawing on her lower lip while looking at him. Letting go of the mouse, she stood up from her chair and walked to the table. Sehun was still sitting there so oddly halfheartedly; it looked out of place, as she perfectly remembered last time when he was fully concentrated on the books. Having already pulled another chair away from the table, she sat down.

 

“Hey.” She waved her hand lightly in front of Sehun's face, startling the latter. He blinked several times before staring at her, surprised at her sudden appearance. Hadn't he just seen her sitting at the computers?

 

“Should I work with the books today?” Ara carefully asked. It was unlikely for her voice to sound so normal. When Park Ara spoke, she either hissed angrily, yelled, or aggressively scolded one. But something in her told her not to be like this to Sehun, not today.

 

Sehun shook his head lightly and declined. “No – no, I'll work with them. You can stay at the computers,” he quickly said.

 

Narrowing her eyes at how odd Sehun was behaving today, Ara stood up from the chair again and went back to the computers. With an weird feeling, she sat down and started her research on a few topics regarding the ozone layer. Ten minutes passed before she already found herself glancing over at Sehun again.

 

With a jolt, she stood up and walked to the table he was sitting at, slamming her hand on one of the books. “You're distracted,” she shortly stated. Glancing at the heading of the opened page, she assessed that this was a subtopic he already worked through – she had gotten a copy from his notes.

 

Ara sighed. Was he alright? It seemed unlikely for Sehun to make such a mistake. “You've already read this page.”

 

Just as Sehun wanted to say something, she grabbed his arm and pulled him up from the chair. He gave her a bewildered look. “What are you doing?”

 

“Listen, Oh Sehun. Working on his project makes no sense, if your thoughts are somewhere else,” Ara said, shifting her weight onto one leg, “I'll just do it alone today.” Oh. She sounded annoyed and pissed again, completely opposed to her intention of wanting to tell him that it was okay, if she did the project work today.

 

Why in the world couldn’t she sound nice for once? Looking at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter