Nice Girl

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A few days later, when Ara entered the classroom she noticed that Sehun was missing. Or maybe he was just late. But it was unlikely for the said male to be late. Why are you even thinking about that? Ara thought, shaking her head, and took out her books and notepad. The teacher entered and greeted the class and when the teacher asked if someone knew why Sehun was missing, turmoil went through the class. No one really knew the exact reason. Ara remembered Sehun's hardened expression, a few days ago when his cellphone had beeped while they'd been out to buy her a cellphone. If his absence had something to do with the SMS he received the day before? The girl furrowed her brows; she didn’t know who sent the SMS. Admittedly, a tiny little bit did she want to know who sent it. Shaking her head again in an attempt to scatter away the unnecessary thoughts to concentrate, she straightened. 

 

During the first two periods, Ara noticed how weird it felt not to have that pair of eyes stare in her direction. Sehun's constant staring had become part of daily school life, somehow – or rather, it had become part of the classroom. And without it, class felt unusual.

 

When the first break began, a few girls stormed inside the classroom – that was a routine of them, though – and spread the newest gossips. When Ara's ears caught a certain name, she pricked up her ears.

 

“I heard the Kings talk about Sehun Oppa,” the girl, still slightly out of breath, blurted excitedly once she closed the door. Ara leaned a bit forward as the girl continued, “I heard something about Sehun's father coming to school yesterday and this morning.”

 

Ara's eyes widened at the mention of Sehun's father. Maybe the SMS was from his father? But in what way would that be connected to his father coming to the school …?

 

Nah, she shook her head. Why was she thinking about it anyway? It didn’t concern her, did it?

 

Taking a deep breath, she opened her notepad and ripped out a sheet of paper. She still had some things to catch up from the days she had been missing. Especially, in maths she had some problems with the new topic. She looked at the rules she had copied from the book. After a few minutes, though, a heavy sigh escaped her lips. The rules written in the book didn’t help a lot, truth be told.

 

She furrowed her brows wildly in concentration, but didn’t understand it.

 

“Do you need help?” A voice said, startling her. With a jolt, she looked up and was met with a pair of soft eyes. A girl with shoulder-length hair and a cute, round face, was standing in front of her. The girl's face rang a bell somewhere in Ara's memory. She eyed the lass precisely. Ah,she her lower lip. It was the girl she bumped into yesterday.

 

“You were missing last week, weren't you?” The girl shyly asked, avoiding to look in Ara's eyes, as she found the latter's stare to be a bit intimidating.

 

Ara nodded her head. “Eh, yeah.”

 

What was the girl's name again? She hadn't been paying attention at all when the new students were introduced last week. The girl nervously gnawed on her lower lip, noting that Ara didn’t say anything else. She was already about to retreat, when Ara quickly called out, “Minah-ssi, right?” snapping her fingers.

 

Minah blinked several times, surprised at the sudden change of voice. “Y-yes, my name is Kim Minah.”

 

“It'd be … very nice, if you could help me with the new rules in maths,” Ara awkwardly said, pushing the notepad to the middle of the table. The corners of Minah's lips twitched a bit and she started explaining the rules without using the words the book chose. When Ara asked her for an example, she quickly wrote down one. Kim Minah had been the best student in her old class, but she had also been a bit homely – like a wallflower.

 

Ara nodded, her brows furrowing in concentration. “I think I got it,” she mumbled and looked up to meet with Minah's eyes. “Um, thanks.”

 

The other girl gave her a small smile. “If you have problems with any other stuff you missed, you can ask me anytime,” she suddenly beamed, before quickly turning around, a bit embarrassed at her sudden enthusiasm.

 

“Okay,” Ara's voice made her turn around again and she nodded her head at the other girl.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter