Of Cellphones and Thanks

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Before his mind thought of something proper to say, Sehun already reached out his hand and grabbed her wrist. “How can you not have a cellphone?” He blurted, turning her around by pulling her by her wrist in a rather rough manner. The girl blinked twice, surprised by the shocked and almost angry tone in his voice.

 

“Because I don’t need one,” she simply retorted and already raised her hand to shake off his hand, when he tightened his grip.

 

He gave her a incomprehensible look. “Are you stupid?” He asked, his voice low.

 

“You're an 18-year-old girl who's working part-time till late at night. Of course you need a cellphone.”

 

Ara ran her free hand through her hair and sighed. “Listen, I see where you’re going,” she said. “But I can perfectly manage going home from my part-time. I have legs; I can run. And even if I had a cellphone, how would it help me?” She gave him a questioning look

 

Sehun furrowed his brows. “The city is big, you never know what could happen …”

 

“Even if someone attacked me, who would I call?” Ara said, raising her eyebrows. “My mother? My little sister? Please, I'm twice as strong as the two of them together.”

 

With that being said, the girl shook off his hand and turned around, already taking one step.

 

Sehun unconsciously leaned against the wall next to him. “Me …” he muttered under his breath, not realizing himself what he was saying – Ara didn’t hear it though. Even his thoughts were unfamiliar to him at the moment. You could call me. For a few seconds, he just stood there, his mouth slightly opened, his mind elsewhere.

 

He shook his head lightly, attempting to snap back to reality again. When he looked up, his eyes automatically focused on the away walking figure. He unconsciously stepped forward. “Wait!” And before he knew what was happening, he had already grabbed Ara's wrist.

 

“Maybe you don’t care about having a cellphone or not, but you’re my project partner, and I don’t want to relinquish the comfort of easily reaching you if there's matter with something,” he casually stated. Oh, how well he was lying. Actually, he could care less about that comfort; it was just (even if he didnt't want to admit it) that he didn't like the thought of the girl possessing no cellphone . 

 

Ara stared at him dumbly for a second before sighing and narrowing her eyes at him. “We only meet up to work on the project. It's not like your life depends on me,” she said.

 

Sehun shrugged his shoulder. “Still, I don’t want to go through the trouble of looking for you if there's something about the project.”

 

The girl started gnawing on her upper lip, before she looked him in the eyes. “I'm not going to buy a cellphone just for your comfort.” I don’t have the money anyway.

 

Before she knew what happened, he already pulled her with him. “What – let go.” She already grabbed the hand that was wrapped around her wrist, when all of a sudden, she could feel a palm against it and fingers wrapping around it.

 

“Who said you'd buy?” Sehun asked with a smirk playing around his lips.

 

A frown appeared on her Ara's forehead and it took her a while to get what he meant. “But you buying me a cellphone is bullshi–”

 

“ –it is for my comfort after all,” Sehun interrupted her and lightened the grip around her wrist when he noticed her following him, albeit rather unwillingly. She didn’t like the thought of him buying her a cellphone; she didn’t need it and it was just adding to the debt she already had to him. She hadn't even thanked him properly for what he'd done for her. But seeing how he didn’t seem to change his mind all too soon and how he wanted that comfort and that he'd stop bothering her once she had a cellphone made her agree to it.

 

After they left the school building, Sehun completely let go of her wrist, but he turned his head lightly and glanced at her occasionally to make sure she was still behind him. They reached his car and after three seconds of Ara eying him and the car suspiciously, she finally got in – he had even opened the door for her. Biting back a grin that wanted to creep onto his lips, he opened the driver's door. Her over-caution and suspicion was amusing. He was sure that any other girl would have gotten inside the car in a blank of an eye. Her suspicion was … different.

 

After he was seated, he stole a glance at the rear-view mirror, thus looking at Ara. The girl was looking out the window, her chin propped up on her elbow and the latter resting on the small extension under the window glass. Even though her eyes were directed at the window glass and what was outside it, Sehun had the hunch that she wasn’t even looking at something in particular. He thought it looked as if she was sleeping with opened eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter