In The Hospital

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The doctor turned his head to look at Sehun. “It's not a cold but a flu. Two weeks of rest would be good.” He stated, glancing at Ara who was lying in the bed, still unconscious. “Right now, she's very weak and I believe the cause of syncope was over exertion. I gave her an IV bag with vitamins for her to gain some strength and to help her combat the flu."

 

He nodded his head at Sehun, who nodded back, before he left the room. The boy let his gaze wander across Ara's face. Now that the frown disappeared, she looked very peaceful. Her eyes weren't glaring, her lips weren't firmly pressed together, nor was she hissing or swearing. She was like a completely different person. In this state, he could see a strong resemblance between Ara and her sister.

 

He continued to watch her for a while. And again, that undefinable look appeared.

 

-

 

Ara's eyelids fluttered open, perceiving a white room and the light dimmed down. She could feel soft fabric against her skin and unconsciously relished the comfortable feeling before shock swept her body. Where the hell was she? With a jolt, she sat up and realized that she'd been lying on a bed. As well as that she she had an IV line and its needle in her arm. Her eyes wide, she looked around the room – which was decorated with two flower vases on the sill, a few paintings hanging on the wall, a pretty settee and a medium-sized closet made of oak wood – and spotted a tall figure.

 

She tried to recall what she remembered to have happened last. Byunghee and his friends … and Sehun. Sehun! Having an assumption of who the figure, that was standing near the windows, was, she started putting several memory pieces together until she roughly had in mind what happened. But one part was really unclear. The one after Sehun had arrived. Arching her neck slightly, she tried to see his face, but couldn’t as he was back-facing her.

 

“Where am I? And how long already?” Ara asked, suspicious of the unfamiliar room. Her voice seemed to croak every single word, feeling hoarse. “And what's in that?” She eyed the IV bag suspiciously. What if he drugged her?

 

The sound of her voice made him turn around slowly. Giving her a look, Ara couldn’t exactly define, Sehun mumbled, “You're awake.”

 

“I know that. Answer my questions,” Ara demanded dryly, impatient as she was completely confused about how she ended up in this room together with him. The male raised his eyebrow barely noticeably, but answered nonetheless. “Oh General Hospital. Two hours … don’t glare at me like this. I didn’t drug you, it's Vitamins and minerals.”

 

Oh General Hospital. Her inner voice repeated it a few times before the realization finally hit her.

 

“What?!” Ara's eyes widened and she immediately jumped out of the bed, aiming for the door. Once she stood, she noticed how weak she was on her legs and supported herself by grabbing the bed frame. When she was steady on her legs, she immediately turned around. Without further hesitation, she gathered all strength and walked to the door. The frame for the IV rolled to her. However, she was stopped when a hand wrapped around her wrist, forcing her to take a few steps.

 

“What are you doing?” The voice behind her asked, the tone showing slight annoyance mixed with a tad of indifference.

 

With a jolt, she turned around and looked at him and stared at him, aghast at how calm he sounded. “What are you doing?” She retorted in a sharp voice. “Oh General Hospital …” she said slowly, “in case you didn’t know, is the most expensive hospital in Seoul. I wouldn’t even be able to afford five minutes in this hospital, let alone two hours …” she trailed off and glanced around the room. “And in such a ing expensive room!” She half yelled, eyes widening at how expensive the room looked. From the floor to the ceiling, nothing looked like a normal hospital room. It looked too comfortable and too expensive.

 

Any more minute in this room, and Ara was sure her family would be broke. Shaking off the hand, she grabbed the doorknob. Just as she opened the door, she was forcefully grabbed by her shoulder and turned around. Sehun narrowed his eyes at her. “In case you didn’t know, my family owns the hospital,” he said.

 

“What?! ”

 

Sehun bit back the small smile that wanted to spread across his lips. It was the first time he'd seen Ara talk so much at once. The past two days she had always been quiet, aside from a few hissed demands for him to stop doing something.

 

“Yeah,” he grabbed her wrist again, “So, you won't have to pay.” H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter