Followed

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Ara muffled her cough with her right hand, standing a few meters in front of the school building. She rubbed her temples tiredly and looked at the sky. Even though the problem between her and Hyejin had been solved, there were still a few things worrying her. One, was her condition today, as she felt really weak. Two, was what her mother was hiding. She had the hunch that her mother was having a cold or the flu. Maybe she should confront the said one about it.

 

Taking one pill against the headache, she fastened her pace, until she entered the school building.

 

Once she entered the classroom, she narrowed her eyes at the sight of the sight next to her desk. Again, Sehun was sitting there nonchalantly, his chin propped up with his hand, and his gaze automatically wandered across the room until it reached Ara. She just wanted to shoot him a glare, when a cough attack suddenly made her bend lightly. She quickly muffled the coughs with her arm, pushing the fabric of her jacket against her lips.

 

It remained unnoticed by the class. The only one who noticed it was the male in front of her, whose eyes now seemed to have changed. The look in Sehun's eyes was no longer the blank one. For a second, Ara caught a glimpse of the look in his eyes. A look she couldn’t define.

 

With a small frown, she sat down, but decided to ignore him.

 

And again, he was staring at her. After the small glimpse she caught, his old expression was back. Still, there was something else. Shaking her head lightly, Ara turned away. From the small, albeit fast movement, her view suddenly became blurry. Putting her elbow on the desk, she touched her head, rubbing her temples. It seemed like the cold had become even worse … Oh, she mentally groaned. It was impossible to concentrate on class.

 

After what felt like eternity for Ara, the first period finally ended. She just wanted to stand up and go to the windows to get some fresh air, when a wave of dizziness swept her. Before she could react though, a strong hand grabbed her left arm. Blinking a few times, she looked up and was met with the pair of eyes she wasn’t all too unfamiliar with anymore.

 

Sehun had this undefinable look in his eyes again, while his hand was wrapped around Ara's wrist. His grip didn’t hurt though, he kept it gentle.

 

When her view became clear again and the throbbing inside her head lessened, Ara automatically pulled back her hand and stared at him for a good two seconds before she turned away and slowly walked to the windows. Sehun didn’t make any effort to hold her back and just watched as the girl made her way to the window, holding her head during the process.

 

He watched as she opened one window and took several deep breaths. Then she came back and sat down again. The undefinable look never disappeared.

 

 

Class continued like this. Ara was entirely quiet, she didn’t even turn around to glare at him or narrow her eyes. Nor did she write a lot down. Her head seemed to just hang above the notepad, the pencil loosely in her hand. Eventually, in the fifth period, the headache got replaced by constant dizziness. After her lower lip for the umpteenth time, she noticed how dry and throat felt, and took out her water bottle and drank a bit, hoping for it to get better.

 

The light in the classroom hurt her eyes and she squinted them when she looked up. With her body's condition came her obliviousness (or ignorance) of Sehun's unwavering gaze, and she seemed to have forgotten that he even existed.

 

When her last period was finished, Ara felt another cough attack coming up and she immediately left the classroom, wanting fresh air. Once outside, she just let her coughs out, and replaced the sick feeling in with the fresh air. Feeling a bit better, she made her way to her part-time job.

 

When Ara left the school's property, she noticed something: footsteps. Not her own, though. Turning her head slightly, she spotted a tall figure in the corner of her eye. At the next street corner, she turned her head even more and her eyes widened at what she saw: it was Sehun.

 

The male was casually walking a few meters behind her, his gaze wandering around the streets, seemingly unfocused on anything in particular. Ara frowned. It wasn’t coincidence, was it? Deciding to ignore it, she fastened her pace. Much to her dismay, the steps behind her quickened as well. After several minutes of still having Sehun follow her, she turned around with a jolt, cursing herself for the sudden movement afterwards as her view became slightly blurry again.

 

“Why are you following me?” S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter