Stop Staring

Touch of Fear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“The only free seats are over here and there,” the female teacher said and pointed to the front of the class, where three free seats were – the seats no one wanted to sit on –, and to the seat next to Ara. In fact, that seat next to her had only become free because after the scissors incident, no one wanted to sit beside her anymore; her classmates were too scared. The other students, who transferred into this class, immediately rushed to the three seats at the front. They all knew about the scissors incident and a few other rumors ...

 

“Oh, the only seat left now, is the one next to Park Ara,” the teacher said, glancing at the three occupied seats at the front, mentally pouting because she had wanted Sehun to sit at the front. 

 

"I hope that's okay with you.” She smiled her best smile for Sehun, who just nodded at her, his expression bland as ever. He slowly walked to the back of the classroom, ignoring the squeals and 'oppas' all the female students gave him. When he reached the seat next to Ara, the almost smirk from earlier appeared again.

 

Ara slightly narrowed her eyes at him before turning her head to the teacher again. Having one of them in her class was the least she needed … even sitting next to one. At least it's not Kai, Ara thought. From the corner of her eye, she watched as Sehun took out nothing but a water bottle. Seeing him from so close, she involuntarily remembered what happened on Friday.

 

He had saved her … somehow. Or maybe he'd just been poking fun of her. That thought made Ara crease her eyebrows. She didn’t know the reason behind his help, and she refused to feel grateful as for now. It wasn’t like he'd done much. Or so did Ara want to convince herself. There was this small, small spark of gratefulness somewhere in her conscious, but she didn’t like the thought of being thankful to one the Kings.

Shaking her head lightly, she scattered away the thoughts and averted her gaze to the front.

 

The normal routine continued after the short introduction of the new students - Sehun hadn't really said anything; the girls' screams when it was his turn had been too loud anyway. Ara listened and notes, as usual. When the first period was nearing its end though, she noticed something: a pair of eyes. Staring at her, that is.

 

Turning her head irreducibly, she glanced at Sehun, who had nonchalantly propped up his chin with his hand, his elbow supporting the whole construction. He looked at her, his face totally blank. Ara's right twitched lightly; she was irritated pince she hated it when people were staring at her, but she turned away nonetheless. It was best to ignore things that disturbed one. Ara knew that; she had lived half of her life according to that principle.

 

When the small break began, she took out a slip of paper and wrote down what she had to buy. The small breaks on Monday mornings were usually the time Ara made the grocery list. Writing down the vegetables, she glanced to the side and noticed that Sehun hadn't changed his position. Taking a deep breath, she turned her head even more and continued with her grocery list. When she heard the chair next to hers move, she stole a glance and assessed that Sehun had stood up. Noticing that he walked to the door, she heaved a small sigh.

 

But, someone cheered too soon. Sehun didn’t leave the classroom, only stood at the door-frame and not even a second later he came back again. He sat down, positioning himself the same way as before, and stared at her. Ara narrowed her eyes at him again and turned her head away. From the corner of her eye though, she could still see him not shifting his position.

 

Ara ignored him for the next two periods, but she perfectly knew he'd been watching her the whole time. He wasn’t watching her interestedly though; it was more of glancing around. His eyes seemed to be half-open only, his lips slightly parted while he was watching her with his usual exrpession: the blank face.

 

When the fifth period was over, Ara quickly finished the notes she had made for Maths and put the notebook in her bag. While she was bending, she turned her face, only to be met with Sehun's gaze. The way he stared at her made her feel so incredibly uncomfortable that she just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter