Kris Analysis

A Psychological EXO Analysis

Kris

Okay I'll start off with Kris. He is probably the one who has the heaviest baggage in the group. I feel that he has gone through a lot of setbacks and difficulties in his life, the reason behind this is the way he acts.

He always puts others first, I've seen a lot of EXO-Ms' interviews and I could definitely notice that he always puts the other members before himself. He makes sure that they are settled before him and that they have what they need. He has kind of taken the role of being the father figure in the group. Many say that it's because he is the leader, but the sincerity and the gentleness of his movements show that he really does care and that's it isn't based solely on him being the leader. Taking so much responsibility and being able to handle it so well shows that he has probably faced a situation in his life where he had to be the one who took care of things. He comes of like a very strong person, and as I mentioned being strong and such a responsible person doesn't come out from nowhere.

He doesn't show a lot of emotions and that's why many perceive him to be cold, but let me tell you that he probably has the purest heart in EXO. He just has a different way of dealing with emotions. We all act based on things that has happened to us in our past right? From past experiences and past hardship we create this image on how to be and act. They are called cognitive schedules, cognitive schedules are our experiences in life that make our personality. I feel that Kris cognitive schedule is to '' always show yourself strong and never allow weakness''. I feel that there's a lot of pain behind his eyes, and he always refuses to bring up things concerning his family and past. He has made this image about himself and I can't help but believe that he thinks that crying or showing yourself weak is unacceptable. He gives me this feeling that he's the type that rather sit alone and deal with his problems by himself because he keeps telling himself he's ''strong enough'' to handle his situation alone. And I feel that he doesn't want to be a burden to others and therefor decides to deal with his problems alone. Weakness is not a choice, he wants to show us and himself that he is strong enough even if he isn't. It's very hard to change cognitive schedules, a change can be seen as a threat for the personality structure so it makes me sad when people want him to open up and not be so ''cold''. It's not that simple.

He really does care and love his group members, but I feel that he feels alone sometimes. Like nobody will ever understand him so he doesn't bother telling them about his problems and how he feels. He is probably the one that listens to their problems and wants to help, but when it comes to his own issues he tends to keep it to himself. People who want to help but doesn't want to talk about their issues themselves have usually encountered big problems in their life. It's because these individuals most likely didn't have anyone to listen or care for them when they were going through a rough time so they become that type of person that wants to be there for others because that's something they never had. They become people who care about others because going through something hard gives a new perspective on things and makes you more appreciative of the things you have and if you can be there for someone you will because you know that it can make a difference for that person. It makes them feel good in a way, to feel that they can help,make others feel good and that they are trusted. Because Kris doesn't tell the other members the details of his personal life they never really feel that close to him. They love him but they might feel that he doesn't trust them enough to let them know. Their bond with Kris might be a bit so-so, since the members don't seems to be able to get through to him they might feel it's hard to connect with him on a deeper level. If that makes sense. But Kris does trust them but the thing is that it's just really hard for Kris to open up. He trusts them but he doesn't want to be a burden and just dislikes talking about it because it might stir up a lot of unwanted emotions in him. And as I said if you always tell yourself to be strong then it's hard to open yourself up when you have to talk about things that might cause ''weakness'', such as tears.

Kris is also not that affectionate I've noticed, he doesn't like long hugs and things like that. I think it's because he never felt a lot of affection when he was younger since he had to grow up fast. He had to take care of his mom and had all these responsibilities that I child shouldn't have. When you grow up to fast and haven't really had a nice childhood it makes you kind of scared of things you didn't really feel or encounter. Like being scared of affection since you're not used to it, it's just an unfamiliar feeling. Unfamiliar things come off as strange and weird in a way because you're not really used to it. But Kris is actually becoming a little more affectionate than before and I love this progress in him, he is starting to accept new things and some physical love could do some good for his tormented soul. 

He sometimes acts childish, and jokes around with the other members. He likes to just be carefree sometimes and more himself  because that's his right element. He really is a child by heart. 

Kris wants to feel appreciated, all he needs is for someone to have his back and just show him that they care. He just wants to feel that he is important and that he is someone rather than no one. Maybe that's the reason people think he is cocky sometimes but it's more to feel some kind of significance. He has this habit of asking others if he is handsome or if he did good enough when he does something. It's some sort of need for him to hear others give him praises. It's some kind of affirmation need he has, maybe to feel better about himself. People who have this need are usually insecure, they need to hear from others that they are handsome, good and smart to be able to boost their self confidence. So this image of him being super confident might be totally false, he might be really insecure. He might just be really good at camouflaging it. 

Kris loves his fans to death. I mean the way his face lights up whenever he sees his fans is just precious. He is so, so, so appreciative of all the support that he and EXO have received. I feel that he gets really overwhelmed sometimes when he sees and hears the fans screaming, he feels loved and supported which touches his heart deeply. His smile is just so genuine when he notices the fans and he always makes sure that no one gets hurt or anything. He cares for his fans as if they were his family, it's really heart touching. He has even uttered those three words that were really hard for him to say in the beginning; I love you. I mean when he says those words it just feel like he really means it. It's not words he just says for the sake of it all, he really means it from the bottom of his heart. 

Kris weaknesses would probably be not being able to open up easily, his cold facade, not liking affection, not showing his true self and being so reserved.

Kris strengths would be that he's a good listener, caring, loving, hardworking , strong minded, unselfish, goal oriented and doesn't give up easily.

Kris wants to become a better person and he's said that he reads self-improvement books which means that he is well aware of his flaws and wants to develop as a person. Accepting is the only way of improving and moving forward so he is really trying and I think it really show a great deal of dedication in him which is a great quality to have. 

I have observed Kris a lot, he has so much potential but he just keeps holding his guard up. I don't think any of us will ever see the ''true'' him. He only shows us his strong and charismatic side, he doesn't show us any flaws so sometimes people perceive him to be fake or to perfect. But trust me when I say that he is not fake, he has flaws just like any of us. He just deals with certain things his own way, he is what he is- Kris the mystery.

Kris in a relationship; 

A relationship with Kris wouldn't really be the easiest. The reason why I think this is because he's really reserved and he isn't really an open book. This would cause a lot of conflicts in the relationship and might result in a breakup. Kris would have a hard time opening up and it would probably take a long time before he'd tell his girlfriend about his past hardships etc. She would have to ear his trust first and she's have to be understanding and not pressure him because that would only make him distance himself from her. He needs time and his girlfriend would have to respect that. 

Kris would also be really protective of his girlfriend, he'd also make sure she's safe and that she's okay. He'd constantly check up on her and call her, that would be his way of showing her that he loves and cares for her. He wouldn't tell her that he loves her a lot, it would take months or maybe years before he would tell her those three words. He would just show his affection in other ways rather than to say it out loud, he'd rather make her feel loved than to just say that he loves her. He would shower her with gifts and let her to go out on a shopping spree with him. He would always want to feel like the man in the relationship, he would always pay, always take her out and just spoil her. He would treat her like a queen. He just wants her to understand that she means a lot to him and since he is a bit bad when it comes to emotions he tries to compensate it in another way.

I feel that he would easily get jealous, because he is quite insecure I believe. He'd get upset for the smallest things, like his girlfriend talking with another guy. He'd probably be that guy that is up at night thinking what his girlfriend is doing, who she's with and things like that. He'd sometimes get insecure and start doubting their relationship and asks her if she wants to be with him just to make sure she still loves him. He feel the need to get affirmation from her, she'd have to tell him that he's appreciated and that she loves him. I mean if he's emotionally ''disabled'' then she has to be able to show her emotions so he won't doubt the relationship. In this way his jealousy would probably become more manageable because he feels loved and appreciated. 

Kris would also be that boyfriend who'd watch his girlfriend when she's asleep and whisper '' I love you'' . He'd be able to stare at her for hours when she can't see and he would truly appreciate her beauty. And sometimes she'd be surprised because he'd just out of nowhere give her the warmest embrace. He would wrap his arms tightly around her and she'd appreciate that type of affection because it rarely happens.

Kris gives me the feel that he's also very passionate and he'd be an exceptional lover. He'd be dominant in bed but he would always make sure that his girlfriend is enjoying it. 

He would never cheat on his partner, he wouldn't be able to hurt anyone in that way. If he feels unhappy in the relationship he would tell her rather then go behind her back and be with someone else. He doesn't play with others emotions, he isn't like that. He respects people and their emotions and wouldn't be able to forgive himself for hurting someone that he once loved. 

A relationship with Kris wouldn't be a piece of cake, but if you learn to understand him and accept him for what he is the relationship could become one of the most beautiful you'll ever experience.

 

Lastly I want to add that Kris really is misunderstood and people don't really get him. I understand that but you have to be more observant and as they say '' Don't judge a book by its' cover''. There is so much underneath his cold surface. He is a pure hearted guy that is just beautiful in every single way. You might see him as a flawless god but I see him as a perfectly flawed human and that's what makes me love him even more.