Chapter 4

I Believe...

 

Chapter 4

 

We walked inside and sat down in the living room. It was a pretty house. Decorated yet simple. Mostly creams and browns coloured the place, with brown floorboards and furniture and cream walls and curtains. There was also a fireplace which made the room seem just that little bit cozier. The orange light radiating from it created a soothing glow in the room which meant that only a few lamps were needed to completely light the room. The large windows also provided quite a lot of sunlight to brighten up the room.

 

“Wow…nice place you have here.” Donghae complimented.

 

“Thanks sweetie! What’s your name? Are you in Hyukjae’s class? Welcome to our house!”

Sora had a habit of bombarding people with compliments and questions. It could be quite intimidating at times…

 

“Haha…I’m Donghae and yes I am in Hyukkie’s class. Your house is wonderful!” Donghae seemed to be acting strangely politely and.…different.

 

Sora gave him a little smile at the mention of the name Hyukkie. Our mother used to call me that. She passed away a couple of years ago due to cancer. Our father left us when I was 2. So now Sora had to take care of me. I felt a little bad for her. She barely has a life because she’s always taking care of me. Overprotective…==” but it was nice. She meant the world to me.

 

She looked at me, “So what are you guys gonna be doing this afternoon?”

 

I looked down…”Studying” I mumbled.

 

She looked surprised. “STUDYING?? And YOU?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA” she started cracking up.

 

“Aishhh Noonaa~!”

 

Donghae cracked a smile and looked at me. “You don’t seem to have a very good reputation when it comes to studying”

 

In between laughs Sora managed to get out “Good luck with that” and “Have fun boys” before stumbling out of the room and into the kitchen. From the living room we could still hear her laughs. “Ahhh my stomach!” she cried.

 

After she stopped laughing the silence in the room became long and awkward. I could tell Donghae was still chuckling inwardly and I was still blushing over that fact.

 

‘Ding dong’ The doorbell rang.

 

“I’ll get it!” I jumped at the opportunity to walk out of that stale, awkward air. Sora walked to the door slowly after me with a big smile. I think I knew who it was… great…just great.

 

I opened the door and there she stood. Heejin, my sister’s girlfriend. That’s right. She’s lesbian… crap crap craaapp~

Heejin was always over at our place because her parents were always fighting. Domestic violence is definitely scary. She slept over a lot of times too. I liked Heejin. She was pretty and nice just like my sister. But today was the wrong day…

 

We walked into the living room and sat down again. Now that Sora was back, the air was breathable again. “This is Heejin,” Sora looked at her “my girlfriend.” She smiled and gave her a peck on the lips.

 

I blushed. Although I didn’t mind the fact that she liked girls, I didn’t like it when they kissed infront of me; And even more so infront of my friends.

 

Donghae smiled and simply said “I’m Donghae, nice to meet you.”

 

I cleared my throat before it got awkward again, “Um…Dongahe, l-let’s go upstairs and start doing our work now, kayy?”

 

Donghae just nodded.

 

---

 

Upstairs in my room, Donghae started unpacking his backpack. I was surprised at the amount of books that came out of it. But there was a mischievous smile playing around on his lips that I was worried about.

 

“So…” he started, still looking down, “Your sister, Sora, likes…girls…?”

 

My eyes widened at the question do I really have to answer this??  “Umm…y-yea. But you can say l-lesbian if u want, n-noone minds.” I answered in a soft and shaky voice.

 

He sighed, “Guess it runs in the family.” Donghae still hadn’t looked up and my eyes widened even more. Did he know…? How?...i don’t even know…do I like him?

 

I had to ask. “Wh-what do you m-mean?”

 

“You like me don’t you” he looked up smirking.

 

Goshh thst smirk!! “I-I…”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ahehehehehehehe....naa dont worry

double update ;)