Chapter 1

I Believe...

Chapter 1

 

“All right everybody quiet down, I have some exciting news for you all today! We have a new student joining our class!” said Ms Derry once our class had settled down and sat down in their seats. It was year 10, another boring year of high school; the place no one wanted to go but everyone had to. But high school was high school and there was nothing we could do, but push on through the hard work and make it to the end of the year.

 

“A new student?”

“Wow! Exciting much! Finally! Someone new!”

“Is it a boy? Is it a girl?”

“OOHHHH what’s their name??”

“Where are they from?”

 

Murmurs could be heard all around the room. Anticipation for ‘the new kid’ rose and we got more and more excited at the thought of a new friend, a new face, a new person joining our boring old class in our boring old school. 

 

We all watched as he shuffled into the classroom, looking as scared as ever. The class became silent, waiting for him to lift his small head. It was lowered, as if to say that he was extremely nervous, his right hand tapping against the side of his leg, his left hand wrapped around an over-flowing folder. Sticky notes were stuck on every visible surface of the battered object, it was old, graffiti-ed and about to fall apart.  Seems like he likes to study…?

 

“He’s so cute! ^^” whispered Sophia cautiously. We looked at each other and back at him with adoring faces, waiting for him to look up and introduce himself.

 

Looking at him like this, all nervous and unsure, WAS quite cute. It gave him an innocent look, like a little lost puppy wandering the streets on a dark, rainy day…make that night!...Okay so I may be getting a bit carried away, but still. It was cute...Wait! I’m a guy! I’M NOT HOMOUAL!! I mentally slapped myself and sank onto my desk.

 

“Come on dear, don’t be shy. Introduce yourself. Your new class will take good care of you. Nothing to worry about!” Ms Derry pressed.

 

He nodded slowly and raised his head. The class gasped in appreciation. Wait what? I sat up again to take a look. It was true. He was gorgeous! His hazel brown hair covered his large chocolate orbs just enough to make him look neat but just a teeny-tiny bit attractive at the same time. …? Dude! CALM YOUR FARM! His skin was perfectly tanned and had no blemishes as if he had never reached puberty. His muscles said otherwise. His lips, plump and pinkish, sat perfectly under his symmetrical nose with a light blush spreading over his fluffy cheeks. His height also added to his attractiveness with broad shoulders that looked as if they could carry all the troubles in the world.

 

“Ermm…Hello!” he said quietly with a wave of his hand. He shifted his gaze around the classroom nervously and his eyes fell on me. I blushed and looked down; I mean with those gorgeous eyes staring at you, who wouldn’t?? But I quickly looked at him, giving him a gummy smile and encouraging him to go on.

 

He took a deep breath and started to speak.

 

“My name is Donghae. Please take care of me.”  I felt a little sorry for him, because as soon as he opened his mouth, the class started laughing. He had a strong accent; an Asian one and the kids in my class just loved to make fun of Asian accents. He looked down once again and I gave him a sympathetic smile. Poor kid.

“Oh hush up! Its not very nice to make fun of people. I think we should all know that by now…? Now who wants to take care of dear Donghae here? Show him around the school and help him get used to the curriculum…he’ll need a guide. Who wants to be his guide?”

 

Without thinking, I raised my hand. A bit too fast apparently, and Sophia gave me a weird look but shrugged her shoulders in the whatever-its-your-problem-don’t-ask-me-to-help kind of way. He looked at me with a confused but grateful look on his face. I could tell he was relieved. I even volunteered to have him sit next to me in class. I felt an unfamiliar urge to protect him. WTF?? IM A GUY! AND HE’S A GUY!! What’s wrong with me??

 

“Miss, there’s a spare seat here next to me. Donghae can sit here if he wants…”

“Oh that’s a great idea!” she looked at Donghae, “Go and sit down next to Hyukjae. He’s a very nice young man.”

Donghae smiled at the teacher and said a shy word of thanks before focusing his eyes on me.

 

He shuffled over to my desk and slowly sat down glancing at me from the side of his eye and looking down quickly.

 

“Hey, I’m Hyukjae, but most people call me Eunhyuk.” I smiled at him and stuck out my hand.

He shook it and started to speak slowly. “I’m Donghae. I…” he stopped.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, suddenly worried, my smiling face turning into a worried one.

“…nothing. Don’t speak English good.” He mumbled.

“Ohh.” I let out a sigh, relieved, and chuckled “Don’t worry, I’ll teach you well!”

 

He looked up at me and I gave him a proud smile with my hands on my hips as if I was some sort of English-teaching-extraordinaire. A few seconds in that position was all it took to have us both burst out laughing. After a few minutes of our hysterics, we came to realise that the class had become silent and were all looking, or staring rather, at us. Whoops…

 

“Now although I appreciate you two getting along well, I genuinely hope you don’t disturb my class!”  Ms Derry shouted, visibly angry from our little exchange.

 

“Sorry Miss…” we mumbled in unison yet the minute she turned around once more I made a face to mock her. Anyone that was still looking our way, saw and couldn’t help but laugh, including Donghae, who was silently chuckling beside me. 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Okayy...so this is my first fic ever...and i'm still not too sure whats gonna happen with the story but i hope u guys like it :) 

pleeasee send me ideas if you have any as to what should happen because im not a very creative person haha :)

 

comment and subscribee <3